The processing costs for Payup payments depend on where your bank account is located:
1. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in the EEA (except Norway)
A per-transaction fee of 20p or €0.25 or 1.8kr, plus:
- if your bank account is in the UK, 0.3% for domestic debit cards and 1.4% for all other cards issued in the EEA (including domestic credit cards)
- if your bank account is elsewhere in the EEA, 1.4% for all cards issued in the EEA (including domestic cards)
- 2.9% for international (non-EEA) cards
There are no additional interchange or gateway fees (such as SagePay costs), and Pitchup.com itself does not charge extra for Payup.
Payup should be cheaper than your existing payment service. A common misconception is that payment costs consist solely of the 'acquirer' fee, the amount paid to the company receiving the payment on behalf of the site owner (e.g. Streamline/Global Payments/Barclaycard). However, there are two other types of payment cost. The 'interchange' fee can be as much again, and - for online payments - a third fee (the 'gateway' cost/'payment service provider' cost) is also payable, normally 5-10p per transaction.
Many site owners will be comparing Payup to telephone-based card payments. However the acquirer and interchange fees for payments over the telephone, known as "MOTO" payments, can be even higher.
If you enjoy cheaper interchange rates by using 3D Secure, please note that many merchants report that 3D Secure causes conversion rates to fall by more than the saving in interchange rate.
2. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in the USA
2.2% + $0.30 per transaction.
For users who signed up from 14th September 2017, non-US card transactions are charged an additional 1% fee.
3. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in Canada
2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
For users who signed up from 14th September 2017, non-Canadian card transactions are charged an additional 0.6% fee.
4. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in other countries
Please visit www.stripe.com/pricing/ to view pricing.
We do not currently accept American Express.
For users who signed up from 14th September 2017, Stripe no longer rebates its fees when refunding a customer. Refunds by users who signed up before this date are unaffected and Stripe fees will be rebated when a refund is made.
Note: if a booking is for immediate payment, only one transaction will occur with the name of your site as the payee. In this scenario, you will bear the full transaction fee.