How can I improve my ranking and results from Pitchup.com?
The performance of your listing is mainly determined by (1) your ranking within search results and (2) the information provided on your page.
You will only appear in search results for searches matching your accommodation types, location and features, so ensuring that all relevant accommodation types and features are ticked is crucially important. If the user ticks the "check availability" box when searching, only bookable/available sites appear in results.
By improving your ranking on Pitchup.com you will improve your overall performance and likelihood of receiving bookings through us.
(1) The following factors will influence your ranking in search results:
- Whether your site is a bookable listing (bookable/available sites rank ahead of free listings in all search results). On average, bookable listings receive 40x more traffic than free listings.
- The sales performance of your listing. Generally, sites with a consistent allocation level throughout the season will perform better.
- The average customer rating for your site on Pitchup.com and the number of reviews your listing has attracted.
- For bookable listings, the number of cancellations due to incorrect data in our system
- In an availability search, whether you have allocation you have added for the dates, accommodation category/ies and party size searched for. If customers choose to search by a specific location, we will order the results with the closest site appearing at the top of the page. We will also display the prices for each site - so it's worth checking out your nearest competitors' rates to ensure your potential customers aren't put off by expensive prices.
- Although using Payup, our automated payment system, does not directly affect your ranking, your listing is likely to perform better compared to other listings taking payment on arrival. This will feed back into a better ranking.
(2) Once users reach your listing page, you can maximise the likelihood of users booking (rather than carrying on another listing page) by ensuring that complete and accurate information is displayed, including:
- Good-quality photos. Research shows that listings with 25-30 photos attract up to 150% more viewers. If you have a bookable listing ensure you have pitch type photos, which appear next to each type of unit bookable
- Appealing descriptive information about your site in the Site information and Nearby attractions and activities
- Directions and location
- Opening times
- Accommodation types and number of units of each type
- YouTube video
- Awards and memberships - David Bellamy Conservation Award, official tourist board rating, AA pennants, membership of Caravan Club and Camping and Caravanning Club
- Payup - because our automated payment process makes things easy for both you and the customer, if you're signed up to Payup, customers will be more likely to complete a booking with you
(3) Any discounted offers you add will be highlighted in search results and on your listing, and the offers with the best discounts appear on our homepage.