This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Located in the beautiful Sussex countryside at the foot of the South Downs National Park, Blackberry Wood Campsite is eight miles away from the Brighton seaside. The area is surrounded by public footpaths and bridleways.
Tent areas have their own private woodland glades with firepits, seating and barbecue facilities. The site also features a fully self-contained Curvy Cabin, complete with log-burning stove.
Dry logs, barbecue coals and other essentials are for sale in the on-site shop.
There are basic toilets, hot showers (take 20p pieces and lasts eight minutes), and washing up areas.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Black Lion — 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Bottom of Carden Avenue — 5.2 miles
- Train stations
Plumpton Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Hassocks Rail Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Cooksbridge Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 10.5 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 10.9 miles
10.9 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 17.0 miles
17.0 miles London Gatwick Airport — 17.0 miles
From the M23 (south towards Brighton) continue straight ahead onto the A23 for about 14 miles. Turn left onto the A273 for approx one mile. Bear onto the B2112 New Road for two miles. Turn right onto B2116 Lewes Road for 2.3 miles and then turn left onto Streat Lane. Drive down Streat Lane for 1.2 miles and Blackberry Wood is just after Sandpit Cottages on the right.
Plumpton train station is the closest station (about 30 mins by bridleway walk). Hassocks station is three miles by road (or a £12 taxi fare); Brighton mainline station is about eight miles or £25 taxi fare away.
Blackberry Wood is in the South Downs National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with numerous wonderful walks.
Beautiful countryside needs nice country pubs and there are at least four fantastic pubs within a 40-minute walk from the campsite.
The seaside town of Brighton with its Pier and vibrant seafront is only eight miles away.
Bluebell Railway with its old steam trains is a short drive away.
For a great day out with the kids, Drusillas Park with zoo is about 35 minutes' drive away.
- Preston Manor (6.0 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (6.9 miles)
- Royal Pavilion (7.0 miles)
- Monk's House (6.8 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (6.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Blackberry Wood Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Blackberry Wood Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Blackberry Wood Campsite? Blackberry Wood is in the South Downs National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with numerous wonderful walks. Beautiful countryside needs nice country pubs and there are at least four fantastic … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Blackberry Wood Campsite?
From 2-8pmRead more