Campsites in South East England
280 bookable campsites in South East England
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Simple, spacious pitches in rural Hampshire; kids and dogs welcome
- Winchester, Watercress Line and riding centre within 20 minutes' drive
- Barbecues permitted; several family-run pubs nearby for eating out
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x From £20/€23.54/A$35.27/US$25.26/CA$32.14/CHF24.17/SEK247.87/DKK175.01/NOK239.06/ISK3,240/ARS3,017.92/CLP20,876/PEN92.46/NZ$38.65/ZAR393.88/PLN107.57/R$119.50/CZK581.07/RSD2,764/HUF9,275.05/RUB1,673.36/CN¥169.19 per night Non-electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £20/€23.54/A$35.27/US$25.26/CA$32.14/CHF24.17/SEK247.87/DKK175.01/NOK239.06/ISK3,240/ARS3,017.92/CLP20,876/PEN92.46/NZ$38.65/ZAR393.88/PLN107.57/R$119.50/CZK581.07/RSD2,764/HUF9,275.05/RUB1,673.36/CN¥169.19 per night
- Scenic location in the Elham valley, seven miles from Canterbury
- In the North Downs, a 12-mile drive from the Channel Tunnel
- Easy access to the M20 and the A2
Electric grass and earth pitch 5 x From £30/€35.30/A$52.91/US$37.89/CA$48.21/CHF36.26/SEK371.80/DKK262.52/NOK358.59/ISK4,861/ARS4,526.88/CLP31,314/PEN138.69/NZ$57.97/ZAR590.82/PLN161.36/R$179.24/CZK871.60/RSD4,145/HUF13,912.58/RUB2,510.04/CN¥253.79 per night
- Simple and wardened accommodation in a converted and listed barn
- On the North Downs Way and Sustrans Route 22
- Shared sleeping area, modern kitchen, local pubs and scenic walks
Bunkhouse 1 x From £20/€23.54/A$35.27/US$25.26/CA$32.14/CHF24.17/SEK247.87/DKK175.01/NOK239.06/ISK3,240/ARS3,017.92/CLP20,876/PEN92.46/NZ$38.65/ZAR393.88/PLN107.57/R$119.50/CZK581.07/RSD2,764/HUF9,275.05/RUB1,673.36/CN¥169.19 per night
- Dog-friendly family-sized safari tents at a secluded Kent site
- Two hours from London. Near Rye and Camber Sands
- Woodburning stove, hot shower, firepit and barbecue provided
Sandpiper 4 bedroom safari tent (ten person) 10 x From £432/€508.36/A$761.87/US$545.58/CA$694.27/CHF522.15/SEK5,353.91/DKK3,780.25/NOK5,163.63/ISK69,992/ARS65,187/CLP450,919/PEN1,997.09/NZ$834.81/ZAR8,507.75/PLN2,323.59/R$2,581.13/CZK12,551.06/RSD59,694/HUF200,341.09/RUB36,144.51/CN¥3,654.60 per 2 nights Skylark 4 bedroom safari tent (eight person) 8 x From £432/€508.36/A$761.87/US$545.58/CA$694.27/CHF522.15/SEK5,353.91/DKK3,780.25/NOK5,163.63/ISK69,992/ARS65,187/CLP450,919/PEN1,997.09/NZ$834.81/ZAR8,507.75/PLN2,323.59/R$2,581.13/CZK12,551.06/RSD59,694/HUF200,341.09/RUB36,144.51/CN¥3,654.60 per 2 nights
- Three-acre grass field enclosed by high hedges
- Back to basics stays between Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
- A 20-minute stroll to dog-friendly Climping beach
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x From £26/€30.60/A$45.85/US$32.84/CA$41.79/CHF31.43/SEK322.23/DKK227.52/NOK310.77/ISK4,212/ARS3,923.29/CLP27,139/PEN120.19/NZ$50.24/ZAR512.04/PLN139.85/R$155.35/CZK755.39/RSD3,593/HUF12,057.57/RUB2,175.36/CN¥219.95 per night South field electric grass pitch 6 x From £36/€42.36/A$63.49/US$45.46/CA$57.86/CHF43.51/SEK446.16/DKK315.02/NOK430.30/ISK5,833/ARS5,432.25/CLP37,577/PEN166.42/NZ$69.57/ZAR708.98/PLN193.63/R$215.09/CZK1,045.92/RSD4,974/HUF16,695.09/RUB3,012.04/CN¥304.55 per night
- Peaceful, family-friendly site in the woods of an ancient deer park
- A 10-minute drive to Royal Tunbridge Wells; 20 minutes to Hever Castle
- Café and food shop on site; fishing and clay pigeon shooting close by
Great Robbins Shaw non-electric grass tent pitch 5 x From £25/€29.42/A$44.09/US$31.57/CA$40.18/CHF30.22/SEK309.83/DKK218.76/NOK298.82/ISK4,050/ARS3,772.40/CLP26,095/PEN115.57/NZ$48.31/ZAR492.35/PLN134.47/R$149.37/CZK726.33/RSD3,454/HUF11,593.81/RUB2,091.70/CN¥211.49 per night
- Quiet family-friendly Mersea Island site, family-run since 1923
- Wildlife haven, woodland walks, games field and two play areas
- Close to the beach and with a pub a few minutes' walk away
Electric optional grass pitch 6 x From £19/€22.36/A$33.51/US$24/CA$30.54/CHF22.96/SEK235.47/DKK166.26/NOK227.10/ISK3,078/ARS2,867.02/CLP19,832/PEN87.83/NZ$36.72/ZAR374.18/PLN102.19/R$113.52/CZK552.01/RSD2,625/HUF8,811.30/RUB1,589.69/CN¥160.73 per night
- Eco-friendly wild camping with spectacular views of the Weald of Kent
- A 10-minute drive to Leeds Castle; 20 minutes to Sissinghurst Gardens
- Dogs welcome, kids’ activities and hot showers on site; pubs nearby
Non-electric grass tent pitch (two person) 2 x Non-electric grass tent pitch (six person) 6 x From £30/€35.30/A$52.91/US$37.89/CA$48.21/CHF36.26/SEK371.80/DKK262.52/NOK358.59/ISK4,861/ARS4,526.88/CLP31,314/PEN138.69/NZ$57.97/ZAR590.82/PLN161.36/R$179.24/CZK871.60/RSD4,145/HUF13,912.58/RUB2,510.04/CN¥253.79 per night
- Family-friendly wild camping field in a Hampshire village
- On the Test Way footpath and a 35-minute drive from Stonehenge
- Firepits welcome; walk to the village shop, pubs and a PYO fruit farm
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £25/€29.42/A$44.09/US$31.57/CA$40.18/CHF30.22/SEK309.83/DKK218.76/NOK298.82/ISK4,050/ARS3,772.40/CLP26,095/PEN115.57/NZ$48.31/ZAR492.35/PLN134.47/R$149.37/CZK726.33/RSD3,454/HUF11,593.81/RUB2,091.70/CN¥211.49 per night
- Site in the Surrey Hills with spectacular views set over 30 acres
- In its own valley just over seven miles from the town of Guildford
- Direct access to a footpath leading into the forest and a bridleway
Shepherd's hut 2 x From £90/€105.91/A$158.72/US$113.66/CA$144.64/CHF108.78/SEK1,115.40/DKK787.55/NOK1,075.76/ISK14,582/ARS13,580.63/CLP93,942/PEN416.06/NZ$173.92/ZAR1,772.45/PLN484.08/R$537.73/CZK2,614.80/RSD12,436/HUF41,737.73/RUB7,530.11/CN¥761.38 per night
- Sheltered back to basics pitches near the village of Horsted Keynes
- Ashdown Forest and Ouse Valley Viaduct 10 minutes' drive away
- A short walk from the Bluebell Railway station and village pubs
Non-electric grass tent pitch unlimited x From £30/€35.30/A$52.91/US$37.89/CA$48.21/CHF36.26/SEK371.80/DKK262.52/NOK358.59/ISK4,861/ARS4,526.88/CLP31,314/PEN138.69/NZ$57.97/ZAR590.82/PLN161.36/R$179.24/CZK871.60/RSD4,145/HUF13,912.58/RUB2,510.04/CN¥253.79 per night
- No-frills site with spacious pitches and views over the High Weald
- A 35-minute drive to South Downs National Park; Horsham five minutes
- Secluded camping field with shower block and overnight quiet time
Non-electric grass tent pitch 8 x Non-electric grass touring pitch 8 x
- Eco-friendly and family-run site in the Weald of Kent
- A 20-minute drive to Bodiam Castle; 35 minutes to Camber Sands
- Kitchen, firepit and barbecues on site; pubs within walking distance
Bell tent (maximum 2 adults) 5 x From £100/€117.68/A$176.36/US$126.29/CA$160.71/CHF120.87/SEK1,239.33/DKK875.06/NOK1,195.28/ISK16,202/ARS15,089.58/CLP104,380/PEN462.29/NZ$193.24/ZAR1,969.39/PLN537.87/R$597.48/CZK2,905.34/RSD13,818/HUF46,375.25/RUB8,366.78/CN¥845.97 per night Bell tent (superior) 2 x From £130/€152.98/A$229.27/US$164.18/CA$208.93/CHF157.13/SEK1,611.13/DKK1,137.58/NOK1,553.87/ISK21,062/ARS19,616.46/CLP135,693/PEN600.97/NZ$251.22/ZAR2,560.20/PLN699.23/R$776.73/CZK3,776.94/RSD17,963/HUF60,287.83/RUB10,876.82/CN¥1,099.76 per night King bell tent (superior) 2 x From £140/€164.75/A$246.90/US$176.81/CA$225/CHF169.22/SEK1,735.06/DKK1,225.08/NOK1,673.40/ISK22,683/ARS21,125.42/CLP146,131/PEN647.20/NZ$270.54/ZAR2,757.14/PLN753.01/R$836.48/CZK4,067.47/RSD19,345/HUF64,925.35/RUB11,713.50/CN¥1,184.36 per night
- Family-run farm site on the edge of the New Forest National Park
- In Tiptoe, two miles from the centre of Sway or New Milton
- Next door to a friendly local pub; dogs and barbecues welcome
Non-electric grass tent pitch 5 x
- Peaceful wildlife haven on a farm site in the Kent countryside
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; 35 minutes' drive to the coast
- Woodlands and vineyards on-site; firepits; footpath through site
Bell tent 2 x From £115/€135.33/A$202.81/US$145.23/CA$184.82/CHF139/SEK1,425.23/DKK1,006.32/NOK1,374.58/ISK18,632/ARS17,353.02/CLP120,036/PEN531.63/NZ$222.23/ZAR2,264.79/PLN618.55/R$687.11/CZK3,341.14/RSD15,891/HUF53,331.54/RUB9,621.80/CN¥972.87 per night
- Laidback and old-fashioned pop-up site by the New Forest
- Family orientated, dogs allowed and campfires permitted
- Within walking distance of Milford on Sea
Non-electric grass and earth tent or trailer tent pitch 4 x From £24/€28.24/A$42.33/US$30.31/CA$38.57/CHF29.01/SEK297.44/DKK210.01/NOK286.87/ISK3,888/ARS3,621.50/CLP25,051/PEN110.95/NZ$46.38/ZAR472.65/PLN129.09/R$143.40/CZK697.28/RSD3,316/HUF11,130.06/RUB2,008.03/CN¥203.03 per night
- Peaceful glamping site set on two acres of scenic farmland
- Half a mile from Thorpe-le-Soken station; Clacton 15 minutes' drive
- Furnished bell tents with double bed, cutlery and crockery provided
Bell tent (2 adults and 3 children) 5 x From £95/€111.79/A$167.54/US$119.98/CA$152.68/CHF114.82/SEK1,177.36/DKK831.30/NOK1,135.52/ISK15,392/ARS14,335.10/CLP99,161/PEN439.17/NZ$183.58/ZAR1,870.92/PLN510.97/R$567.61/CZK2,760.07/RSD13,127/HUF44,056.49/RUB7,948.44/CN¥803.67 per night
- Luxury shepherd’s hut near Finchingfield in north Essex countryside
- Half an hour’s drive to Saffron Walden or Audley End House and Gardens
- Kitchenette, woodburner and hot tub; pubs five minutes’ drive
Shepherd's hut (hot tub) 2 x From £120/€141.21/A$211.63/US$151.55/CA$192.85/CHF145.04/SEK1,487.20/DKK1,050.07/NOK1,434.34/ISK19,442/ARS18,107.50/CLP125,255/PEN554.75/NZ$231.89/ZAR2,363.26/PLN645.44/R$716.98/CZK3,486.40/RSD16,582/HUF55,650.30/RUB10,040.14/CN¥1,015.17 per night
- New Forest site set over 65 acres of fields and woodland
- On the outskirts of Lyndhurst; Lymington 20 minutes away by car
- Back to basics site with views of a Georgian manor
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £51/€60.01/A$89.94/US$64.41/CA$81.96/CHF61.64/SEK632.06/DKK446.28/NOK609.59/ISK8,263/ARS7,695.69/CLP53,234/PEN235.77/NZ$98.55/ZAR1,004.39/PLN274.31/R$304.72/CZK1,481.72/RSD7,047/HUF23,651.38/RUB4,267.06/CN¥431.45 per 3 nights
- Family-focused campsite with stunning views over Port Lympne
- Two miles from Dymchurch and its sandy beach; Hythe 10 minutes' drive
- On-site shop; activities for kids and adults; dogs and campfires OK
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £24/€28.24/A$42.33/US$30.31/CA$38.57/CHF29.01/SEK297.44/DKK210.01/NOK286.87/ISK3,888/ARS3,621.50/CLP25,051/PEN110.95/NZ$46.38/ZAR472.65/PLN129.09/R$143.40/CZK697.28/RSD3,316/HUF11,130.06/RUB2,008.03/CN¥203.03 per night Bell tent (basic, pet friendly) 6 x From £75/€88.26/A$132.27/US$94.72/CA$120.53/CHF90.65/SEK929.50/DKK656.29/NOK896.46/ISK12,151/ARS11,317.19/CLP78,285/PEN346.72/NZ$144.93/ZAR1,477.04/PLN403.40/R$448.11/CZK2,179/RSD10,364/HUF34,781.44/RUB6,275.09/CN¥634.48 per night Bell tent (no pets) 6 x From £110/€129.44/A$194/US$138.92/CA$176.78/CHF132.95/SEK1,363.26/DKK962.56/NOK1,314.81/ISK17,822/ARS16,598.54/CLP114,817/PEN508.52/NZ$212.57/ZAR2,166.33/PLN591.65/R$657.23/CZK3,195.87/RSD15,200/HUF51,012.78/RUB9,203.46/CN¥930.57 per night
Two top national parks
You’re sure to find plenty of scenic spots to camp in South East England – much like the neighbouring South West region, this part of the world has two top national parks to discover.
An outdoor stay in the New Forest is an excellent opportunity to get out and about on your bike, as this former royal hunting ground has over 100 miles of clearly waymarked off-road routes.
Over in the South Downs, meanwhile, you’ll find freedom on your own two feet with walks to scenic spots like Birling Head in East Sussex, the medieval streets of Lewes or, if you’re feeling energetic, the 100-mile South Downs Way between Winchester and Eastbourne.
The coastal connection
South East England also has plenty of campsites near the beach to get stuck into and a wide variety of splendid seascapes.
There’s also the gorgeous Isle of Wight whose perimeter is little like South East England in miniature – you’ll find sand, shingle and white chalk cliffs around its 70-mile shores.
More of the best attractions to visit in South East England
Unexplored South East England
Surrey, the smallest of England’s south-eastern counties, is far-famed for its gentle landscape and particularly mild climate. This is where to come to try sparkling and still English wines – particularly rich pickings can be found in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Green spaces in the city
Can you camp in London? Absolutely – and on top of our campsites within the M25 the capital has a wide range of great green spaces to explore.
As well as well-trodden London landmarks like Green Park and Hampstead Heath, the capital has outdoor hidden horticultural gems like Kyoto Garden in Holland Park and St Dunstan-in-the-East, a ruined 10th-century church that’s been converted into an oasis of calm amid the skyscrapers.
The South East has plenty of places where you can follow in the footsteps of your favourite authors and characters:
Visit Lyndhurst, the New Forest village where the girl who inspired Alice in Wonderland spent most of her life.
Head to Hampshire to visit the Jane Austen Museum or take a Georgian-style trip around historic Winchester.
Take the kids to Ashdown Forest, East Sussex, and walk through Five Hundred Acre Wood, the fantastic forest that inspired Winnie the Pooh.
Use our filters to pick a plot in South East England or find a pre-pitched glamping stay that ticks all the right boxes.
Popular options include:
Once you've camped or glamped in this cracking corner of England, you could wend your way from Essex to East Anglia and The Broads National Park, navigate northwards from London into Central England or even cross over from Kent to France by ferry or train.
For more info on camping, from what to pack to where to go, check out the articles in our guide.