This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to basics site on a family-run working farm
- A 20-minute drive from Exmoor Zoo; half an hour from Combe Martin
- Barbecues and firepits for hire; firewood available to purchase
Stitchpool Farm is a family-friendly spot on the edge of Exmoor where you'll have ample room for pitching up, kicking back and watching the workings of a family-run farm. The site is just to the south of the national park, so make sure to pack some sturdy footwear in case of cross-country walks. It's also an easy half-hour drive from some of Devon's best-loved beaches, so you might want to chuck in a pair of flip-flops while you're at it…
The philosophy behind this place is all about keeping things simple – the folk who keep Stitchpool Farm ticking over say that their goal is for you to have a wild-style, back-to-basics hol while still having access to essentials like loos, showers and running water. Apart from that, frills here are few and far between, with the focus on spending time outside and letting the fresh air wash your cares away.
These green and grassy surrounds are an inviting spot for a bit of outdoor dining, so make sure to plan for a barbecue evening at some point during your stay. Stitchpool Farm hires out barbecues and firepits by the night if you haven't brought your own; logs are also available for purchase. Need to stock up? The nearest supermarkets can be found in South Molton (15 minutes' drive), where there's also a twice-weekly market.
The Poltimore Arms, a kooky, off-grid pub with a piano-playing landlord and no mains electricity, is about two miles away from Stitchpool Farm.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
-Great location and easy to visit lots of different beaches/ …
Simplicity at it's finest, just a shame about others on site.
Cheap chilled clean 100% happy to go again 👌🏻👌🏻
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
South Molton (Devon): The Square Coach Stop
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Barnstaple Bus Station: Belle Meadow Rd — 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Bickington (North Devon): Coach Stop — 11.7 miles
- Train stations
Umberleigh Rail Station
— 9.1 miles
9.1 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 9.8 miles
9.8 miles Portsmouth Arms Rail Station — 10.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Ilfracombe Ferry Landing
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 15.7 miles
15.7 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 16.0 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 30.2 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Quince Honey Farm: 10 minutes' drive
- Rock and Rapid Adventures (climbing centre): 10 minutes
- Simonsbath Sawmill: 15 minutes
- Exmoor Zoo: 20 minutes
- Combe Martin beach: 30 minutes
- Lynmouth: 30 minutes
- The Milky Way Adventure Park: 45 minutes
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (16.6 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (25.8 miles)
- Castle Drogo (26.8 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (8.1 miles)
- Watersmeet (9.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Stitchpool Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Stitchpool Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Stitchpool Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stitchpool Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Stitchpool Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Quince Honey Farm: 10 minutes' drive - Rock and Rapid Adventures (climbing centre): 10 minutes - Simonsbath Sawmill: 15 minutes - Exmoor Zoo: 20 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Stitchpool Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.