Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campsites and Holiday Parks in Devon
119 bookable sites in Devon
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Spectacular valley views near the Blackdown Hills
- Next to a working dairy farm on the edge of the village of Ashill
- Luxury glamping in a wildlife haven
Crivens shepherd's hut (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £75/€83.26/A$134.82/US$93.63/CA$126.87/CHF88.54/SEK872.37/DKK620.32/NOK887.18/ISK13,030/ARS6,615.88/CLP75,138/PEN329.76/NZ$143.29/ZAR1,593.06/PLN371.50/R$497.66/CZK2,220.64/RSD9,791/HUF29,415.15/RUB6,690.01/CN¥661.62 per night
- Friendly site on scenic working farmland
- In a County Wildlife Site a short distance from Dartmoor
- Excellent customer service and easy access to walks: maps given out
Non-electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £14/€15.54/A$25.17/US$17.48/CA$23.68/CHF16.53/SEK162.84/DKK115.79/NOK165.61/ISK2,432/ARS1,234.96/CLP14,026/PEN61.56/NZ$26.75/ZAR297.37/PLN69.35/R$92.90/CZK414.52/RSD1,828/HUF5,490.83/RUB1,248.80/CN¥123.50 per night Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 8 x From £14/€15.54/A$25.17/US$17.48/CA$23.68/CHF16.53/SEK162.84/DKK115.79/NOK165.61/ISK2,432/ARS1,234.96/CLP14,026/PEN61.56/NZ$26.75/ZAR297.37/PLN69.35/R$92.90/CZK414.52/RSD1,828/HUF5,490.83/RUB1,248.80/CN¥123.50 per night Non-electric forest floor tent pitch (no pets, wild) 6 x From £16/€17.76/A$28.76/US$19.97/CA$27.07/CHF18.89/SEK186.10/DKK132.33/NOK189.27/ISK2,780/ARS1,411.39/CLP16,029/PEN70.35/NZ$30.57/ZAR339.85/PLN79.25/R$106.17/CZK473.74/RSD2,089/HUF6,275.23/RUB1,427.20/CN¥141.15 per night Camping pod (woodland, no pets, adults only) 2 x From £50/€55.51/A$89.88/US$62.42/CA$84.58/CHF59.03/SEK581.58/DKK413.55/NOK591.46/ISK8,687/ARS4,410.59/CLP50,092/PEN219.84/NZ$95.53/ZAR1,062.04/PLN247.67/R$331.77/CZK1,480.42/RSD6,527/HUF19,610.10/RUB4,460.01/CN¥441.08 per night
- Pop-up, green field site with big pitches near Ilfracombe
- Pick your own pitch for wild camping among stunning north Devon views
- Firepits for hire and wood for sale: village shop half a mile away
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch (wild) 6 x From £12/€13.32/A$21.57/US$14.98/CA$20.30/CHF14.17/SEK139.58/DKK99.25/NOK141.95/ISK2,085/ARS1,058.54/CLP12,022/PEN52.76/NZ$22.93/ZAR254.89/PLN59.44/R$79.63/CZK355.30/RSD1,567/HUF4,706.42/RUB1,070.40/CN¥105.86 per night Lotus Belle bell tent 6 x From £40/€44.41/A$71.90/US$49.94/CA$67.67/CHF47.22/SEK465.26/DKK330.84/NOK473.16/ISK6,950/ARS3,528.47/CLP40,073/PEN175.87/NZ$76.42/ZAR849.63/PLN198.13/R$265.42/CZK1,184.34/RSD5,222/HUF15,688.08/RUB3,568.01/CN¥352.87 per night
- Smart family-run park within Woodbury Common
- Easy drive into Exeter
- Excellent facilities including bar, bistro and play area
Fully-serviced grass tent or trailer tent pitch 8 x Fully-serviced gravel touring pitch 6 x
- Family friendly-site with spectacular views out to sea
- Private stretch of beach leading to a secluded cove
- Pool, kids' clubs, soft play and playground
Camping pod 4 x From £59/€65.50/A$106.06/US$73.66/CA$99.81/CHF69.65/SEK686.26/DKK487.98/NOK697.92/ISK10,251/ARS5,204.49/CLP59,108/PEN259.41/NZ$112.72/ZAR1,253.20/PLN292.25/R$391.49/CZK1,746.90/RSD7,702/HUF23,139.92/RUB5,262.81/CN¥520.48 per 4 nights 2 bedroom safari tent 6 x From £109/€121.01/A$195.93/US$136.08/CA$184.39/CHF128.68/SEK1,267.84/DKK901.53/NOK1,289.37/ISK18,938/ARS9,615.08/CLP109,200/PEN479.26/NZ$208.25/ZAR2,315.24/PLN539.91/R$723.27/CZK3,227.33/RSD14,229/HUF42,750.02/RUB9,722.82/CN¥961.56 per 4 nights
- Spacious, lively park 10 minutes' walk from Ilfracombe town centre
- Lots of family-friendly entertainment throughout the day and evenings
- Large heated indoor pool with hot tub and sauna
Verity Plus 2 bedroom apartment 4 x From £169/€187.62/A$303.79/US$210.98/CA$285.89/CHF199.51/SEK1,965.73/DKK1,397.79/NOK1,999.12/ISK29,362/ARS14,907.78/CLP169,310/PEN743.07/NZ$322.88/ZAR3,589.69/PLN837.11/R$1,121.39/CZK5,003.84/RSD22,062/HUF66,282.14/RUB15,074.83/CN¥1,490.86 per 2 nights
- Leafy park in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Family run for over 40 years
- Pool, sauna, licensed shop and wildlife information room
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x From £17/€18.87/A$30.56/US$21.22/CA$28.76/CHF20.07/SEK197.74/DKK140.61/NOK201.09/ISK2,954/ARS1,499.60/CLP17,031/PEN74.75/NZ$32.48/ZAR361.09/PLN84.21/R$112.80/CZK503.34/RSD2,219/HUF6,667.43/RUB1,516.40/CN¥149.97 per night Electric hardstanding motorhome pitch 6 x From £19/€21.09/A$34.15/US$23.72/CA$32.14/CHF22.43/SEK221/DKK157.15/NOK224.75/ISK3,301/ARS1,676.02/CLP19,035/PEN83.54/NZ$36.30/ZAR403.57/PLN94.11/R$126.07/CZK562.56/RSD2,480/HUF7,451.84/RUB1,694.80/CN¥167.61 per night Electric gravel touring pitch 6 x From £19/€21.09/A$34.15/US$23.72/CA$32.14/CHF22.43/SEK221/DKK157.15/NOK224.75/ISK3,301/ARS1,676.02/CLP19,035/PEN83.54/NZ$36.30/ZAR403.57/PLN94.11/R$126.07/CZK562.56/RSD2,480/HUF7,451.84/RUB1,694.80/CN¥167.61 per night Electric grass pitch 6 x From £19/€21.09/A$34.15/US$23.72/CA$32.14/CHF22.43/SEK221/DKK157.15/NOK224.75/ISK3,301/ARS1,676.02/CLP19,035/PEN83.54/NZ$36.30/ZAR403.57/PLN94.11/R$126.07/CZK562.56/RSD2,480/HUF7,451.84/RUB1,694.80/CN¥167.61 per night Fully-serviced gravel touring pitch 6 x From £20.50/€22.76/A$36.85/US$25.59/CA$34.68/CHF24.20/SEK238.45/DKK169.55/NOK242.50/ISK3,562/ARS1,808.34/CLP20,538/PEN90.14/NZ$39.17/ZAR435.44/PLN101.54/R$136.03/CZK606.97/RSD2,676/HUF8,040.14/RUB1,828.60/CN¥180.84 per night Camping pod (2 adults and 2 children, no pets) 4 x From £43/€47.74/A$77.29/US$53.68/CA$72.74/CHF50.76/SEK500.16/DKK355.65/NOK508.65/ISK7,471/ARS3,793.10/CLP43,079/PEN189.06/NZ$82.15/ZAR913.35/PLN212.99/R$285.33/CZK1,273.17/RSD5,613/HUF16,864.69/RUB3,835.61/CN¥379.33 per night Otter 2 bedroom static caravan (pet friendly) 6 x From £46.25/€51.35/A$83.14/US$57.74/CA$78.24/CHF54.60/SEK537.96/DKK382.53/NOK547.10/ISK8,035/ARS4,079.79/CLP46,335/PEN203.35/NZ$88.36/ZAR982.38/PLN229.09/R$306.89/CZK1,369.39/RSD6,038/HUF18,139.34/RUB4,125.51/CN¥408 per night Culm 2 bedroom static caravan (no pets) 6 x From £54.50/€60.50/A$97.97/US$68.04/CA$92.19/CHF64.34/SEK633.92/DKK450.77/NOK644.69/ISK9,469/ARS4,807.54/CLP54,600/PEN239.63/NZ$104.12/ZAR1,157.62/PLN269.96/R$361.63/CZK1,613.66/RSD7,115/HUF21,375.01/RUB4,861.41/CN¥480.78 per night Exe Super 3 bedroom static caravan 8 x From £67.25/€74.66/A$120.88/US$83.95/CA$113.76/CHF79.39/SEK782.22/DKK556.22/NOK795.51/ISK11,684/ARS5,932.24/CLP67,373/PEN295.69/NZ$128.48/ZAR1,428.44/PLN333.11/R$446.24/CZK1,991.17/RSD8,779/HUF26,375.59/RUB5,998.71/CN¥593.26 per night
- Back to basics site in a peaceful north Devon paddock
- A 20-minute drive from Westward Ho!; 30 minutes from Dartmoor
- Wildlife haven on the edge of a deciduous woodland
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x Non-electric grass tent pitch (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £24/€26.64/A$43.14/US$29.96/CA$40.60/CHF28.33/SEK279.16/DKK198.50/NOK283.90/ISK4,170/ARS2,117.08/CLP24,044/PEN105.52/NZ$45.85/ZAR509.78/PLN118.88/R$159.25/CZK710.60/RSD3,133/HUF9,412.85/RUB2,140.80/CN¥211.72 per night
- Family-run park on a former stud farm and in a wildlife haven
- Two and a half miles from the coast
- Heated outdoor pool, bar, café, shop, takeaway and craft centre
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £15.95/€17.71/A$28.67/US$19.91/CA$26.98/CHF18.83/SEK185.52/DKK131.92/NOK188.67/ISK2,771/ARS1,406.98/CLP15,979/PEN70.13/NZ$30.47/ZAR338.79/PLN79.01/R$105.84/CZK472.26/RSD2,082/HUF6,255.62/RUB1,422.74/CN¥140.71 per night Electric grass pitch 6 x Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £20.10/€22.31/A$36.13/US$25.09/CA$34/CHF23.73/SEK233.79/DKK166.25/NOK237.77/ISK3,492/ARS1,773.06/CLP20,137/PEN88.38/NZ$38.40/ZAR426.94/PLN99.56/R$133.37/CZK595.13/RSD2,624/HUF7,883.26/RUB1,792.92/CN¥177.32 per night
- Small family-run park on an organic sheep farm near Barnstaple
- Peaceful atmosphere with spectacular valley views
- Games room, dog walking lane and clean modern amenities
Non-electric grass tent pitch (sloping, no pets, two man) 2 x From £10/€11.10/A$17.98/US$12.48/CA$16.92/CHF11.81/SEK116.32/DKK82.71/NOK118.29/ISK1,737/ARS882.12/CLP10,018/PEN43.97/NZ$19.11/ZAR212.41/PLN49.53/R$66.35/CZK296.08/RSD1,305/HUF3,922.02/RUB892/CN¥88.22 per night Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £12/€13.32/A$21.57/US$14.98/CA$20.30/CHF14.17/SEK139.58/DKK99.25/NOK141.95/ISK2,085/ARS1,058.54/CLP12,022/PEN52.76/NZ$22.93/ZAR254.89/PLN59.44/R$79.63/CZK355.30/RSD1,567/HUF4,706.42/RUB1,070.40/CN¥105.86 per night Electric grass pitch 6 x
- Family-run park in a rural Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Near Dartmoor and less than 10 miles from the south Devon coast
- Communal fridges, hot showers and campfires allowed
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x Electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x From £20/€22.20/A$35.95/US$24.97/CA$33.83/CHF23.61/SEK232.63/DKK165.42/NOK236.58/ISK3,475/ARS1,764.23/CLP20,037/PEN87.94/NZ$38.21/ZAR424.81/PLN99.07/R$132.71/CZK592.17/RSD2,611/HUF7,844.04/RUB1,784/CN¥176.43 per night
- Family-friendly and family-run site with walks down to Lee Bay
- Set on 27 peaceful acres a couple of miles from Woolacombe
- Farm shop, tearoom and e-bike/bike hire: trails straight from the farm
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x Electric grass pitch 6 x From £30/€33.31/A$53.93/US$37.45/CA$50.75/CHF35.42/SEK348.95/DKK248.13/NOK354.87/ISK5,212/ARS2,646.35/CLP30,055/PEN131.91/NZ$57.32/ZAR637.22/PLN148.60/R$199.06/CZK888.25/RSD3,916/HUF11,766.06/RUB2,676.01/CN¥264.65 per night Maddy bell tent 4 x From £100/€111.02/A$179.75/US$124.84/CA$169.16/CHF118.05/SEK1,163.15/DKK827.09/NOK1,182.91/ISK17,374/ARS8,821.17/CLP100,183/PEN439.68/NZ$191.05/ZAR2,124.07/PLN495.33/R$663.55/CZK2,960.85/RSD13,054/HUF39,220.20/RUB8,920.02/CN¥882.17 per night
- Small and friendly family-run farm between Ilfracombe and Woolacombe
- Direct access to bridle path linking miles of public footpaths
- Play area, free hot showers and family shower room
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x Electric grass pitch 6 x From £21/€23.31/A$37.75/US$26.22/CA$35.52/CHF24.79/SEK244.26/DKK173.69/NOK248.41/ISK3,649/ARS1,852.45/CLP21,039/PEN92.33/NZ$40.12/ZAR446.06/PLN104.02/R$139.34/CZK621.78/RSD2,741/HUF8,236.24/RUB1,873.20/CN¥185.25 per night Fully-serviced hardstanding and grass touring pitch 6 x From £27/€29.97/A$48.53/US$33.71/CA$45.67/CHF31.87/SEK314.05/DKK223.32/NOK319.39/ISK4,691/ARS2,381.72/CLP27,050/PEN118.71/NZ$51.58/ZAR573.50/PLN133.74/R$179.16/CZK799.43/RSD3,525/HUF10,589.45/RUB2,408.41/CN¥238.18 per night
- Family-run site on the north Devon coast with spectacular sea views
- Five minutes' walk to Hartland and 10 mins' drive to Mouthmill beach
- Fishing pond on site; surf and canoe lessons arranged nearby
Non-electric hardstanding and grass pitch 10 x Electric hardstanding and grass pitch 10 x From £19.50/€21.65/A$35.05/US$24.34/CA$32.99/CHF23.02/SEK226.82/DKK161.28/NOK230.67/ISK3,388/ARS1,720.13/CLP19,536/PEN85.74/NZ$37.26/ZAR414.19/PLN96.59/R$129.39/CZK577.37/RSD2,546/HUF7,647.94/RUB1,739.40/CN¥172.02 per night
- On the northern edge of Dartmoor National Park
- Within walking distance of the moors via an easy off-road path
- Close to the Granite Way; cycle hire within 100 yards
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £17/€18.87/A$30.56/US$21.22/CA$28.76/CHF20.07/SEK197.74/DKK140.61/NOK201.09/ISK2,954/ARS1,499.60/CLP17,031/PEN74.75/NZ$32.48/ZAR361.09/PLN84.21/R$112.80/CZK503.34/RSD2,219/HUF6,667.43/RUB1,516.40/CN¥149.97 per night Electric hardstanding motorhome pitch 6 x Electric grass tent, trailer tent or touring caravan pitch 6 x
- Yurts with kitchenettes and barbecues on an eco-friendly smallholding
- Jurassic Coast beaches and fossil hunting within 45 minutes' drive
- Bat-spotting night walks on site; cosy shared kitchen and lounge
Willow yurt 4 x From £60/€66.61/A$107.85/US$74.90/CA$101.50/CHF70.83/SEK697.89/DKK496.26/NOK709.75/ISK10,424/ARS5,292.70/CLP60,110/PEN263.81/NZ$114.63/ZAR1,274.44/PLN297.20/R$398.13/CZK1,776.51/RSD7,833/HUF23,532.12/RUB5,352.01/CN¥529.30 per night Buzzard yurt 6 x From £65/€72.16/A$116.84/US$81.15/CA$109.96/CHF76.73/SEK756.05/DKK537.61/NOK768.89/ISK11,293/ARS5,733.76/CLP65,119/PEN285.80/NZ$124.18/ZAR1,380.65/PLN321.97/R$431.31/CZK1,924.55/RSD8,485/HUF25,493.13/RUB5,798.01/CN¥573.41 per night Woodpecker yurt 6 x From £65/€72.16/A$116.84/US$81.15/CA$109.96/CHF76.73/SEK756.05/DKK537.61/NOK768.89/ISK11,293/ARS5,733.76/CLP65,119/PEN285.80/NZ$124.18/ZAR1,380.65/PLN321.97/R$431.31/CZK1,924.55/RSD8,485/HUF25,493.13/RUB5,798.01/CN¥573.41 per night Badger yurt 6 x From £65/€72.16/A$116.84/US$81.15/CA$109.96/CHF76.73/SEK756.05/DKK537.61/NOK768.89/ISK11,293/ARS5,733.76/CLP65,119/PEN285.80/NZ$124.18/ZAR1,380.65/PLN321.97/R$431.31/CZK1,924.55/RSD8,485/HUF25,493.13/RUB5,798.01/CN¥573.41 per night
- 20-acre Devon farm half a mile from a village with good food pub
- 10 miles from the Dartmoor National Park and the coast
- Picnic areas, and medieval clubhouse and courtyard
Colourful meadow bell tent 4 x From £120/€133.22/A$215.71/US$149.81/CA$203/CHF141.66/SEK1,395.79/DKK992.51/NOK1,419.49/ISK20,849/ARS10,585.41/CLP120,220/PEN527.62/NZ$229.26/ZAR2,548.89/PLN594.40/R$796.26/CZK3,553.02/RSD15,665/HUF47,064.24/RUB10,704.02/CN¥1,058.60 per night Harlequin bell tent 4 x From £120/€133.22/A$215.71/US$149.81/CA$203/CHF141.66/SEK1,395.79/DKK992.51/NOK1,419.49/ISK20,849/ARS10,585.41/CLP120,220/PEN527.62/NZ$229.26/ZAR2,548.89/PLN594.40/R$796.26/CZK3,553.02/RSD15,665/HUF47,064.24/RUB10,704.02/CN¥1,058.60 per night
- Small family-run site near Welcombe, on the Devon/Cornwall border
- Easily accessible from the A39 Atlantic Highway and next to a bus stop
- Two miles from beaches and the South West Coast Path
Electric grass pitch 6 x Fisherman’s Rest 3 bedroom static caravan 4 x From £60/€66.61/A$107.85/US$74.90/CA$101.50/CHF70.83/SEK697.89/DKK496.26/NOK709.75/ISK10,424/ARS5,292.70/CLP60,110/PEN263.81/NZ$114.63/ZAR1,274.44/PLN297.20/R$398.13/CZK1,776.51/RSD7,833/HUF23,532.12/RUB5,352.01/CN¥529.30 per night
- Working farm site in Georgeham, two miles from the north Devon coast
- Within easy reach of several award-winning surfing beaches
- A five-minute stroll to two village pubs, a shop and a post office
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x From £24/€26.64/A$43.14/US$29.96/CA$40.60/CHF28.33/SEK279.16/DKK198.50/NOK283.90/ISK4,170/ARS2,117.08/CLP24,044/PEN105.52/NZ$45.85/ZAR509.78/PLN118.88/R$159.25/CZK710.60/RSD3,133/HUF9,412.85/RUB2,140.80/CN¥211.72 per night
- Small, multi award-winning and peaceful site in a secluded valley
- A half-hour walk from the beaches at Croyde and Woolacombe
- Immaculate amenities; campfires allowed; pubs within walking distance
Non-electric grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch 6 x
Campsites in Devon: top spots for an outdoor break in the south west
Ah, Devon – doesn’t the mere mention of it make your mouth start to water? (That could just be the prospect of a proper cream tea, of course…) Indeed, it’s so enticing that lots of folk return to this gorgeous southwestern corner of England year after year, choosing Devon campsites to help them make the most of the sea air, the rural views and the peaceful surrounds.
First timer, or in the market for fresh inspiration on your Devon camping holiday? Read on for the lowdown on outdoor breaks in this lovely part of the world.
How to pick your Devon campsite
Struggling to know where to start when picking a campsite in Devon? There’s a good reason for that: Devon’s a big old place. It’s the third biggest county in England, in fact, with a lengthy list of attractions to its name, including national parks, fossil-filled beaches, classic seaside resorts, medieval castles, excellent walking and bike trails, canoe outings, family theme parks…
Which of these piques your interest is a matter of taste, of course, and it’s worth doing your research to pick somewhere to stay within easy reach of your chosen list of activities. And it’s worth noting that along with this variety of attractions comes an equally wide range of campsites and holiday parks to suit all tastes and budgets.
Want to get back to basics – just you, your tent, a campfire and a whole heap of open space (and maybe a toilet)? Check out budget options or look for Devon wild camping spots to embrace that frill-free camping style. Need rather more facilities to keep the kids happy (or yourselves, of course)? Check out our family-friendly options for Devon holiday parks and campsites.
Travellers angling for a break from the nippers (their own and/or everyone else’s) may like to look out options for adults-only camping; meanwhile those who couldn’t possibly leave home without their fur baby in tow will be chuffed to see plenty of choice for dog-friendly camping in Devon.
Facilities to consider when booking your campsite in Devon
Got your eye on a family holiday in Devon? A classic beach break is usually a winner, as is a holiday park packed with facilities to keep the tiddlers amused (happy kids = a chance for parents to relax, right?) A play area is a good start on that front, but you may like to ramp things up further with kids’ club activities, a swimming pool, possibly even watersports on site to ensure plenty of antics with minimal faff.
Devon’s got a bit of a reputation for being one of the UK’s warmest corners, but like all parts of the country fine weather can’t be completely guaranteed. If you’re concerned about keeping one eye on the sky, it could be that a Devon camping pod would be a good choice – pick one of these and you’ll be sure of a cosy place to spend the night even if the clouds do gather. Or of course you could opt to warm your hands over the embers by picking a place that allows campfires.
Alternatively, you might choose to weatherproof your stay by picking one of our glamping options – perhaps settling into a spacious bell tent or snuggling into a shepherd’s hut with your beloved. Such options make top picks for those travelling light too: you’ll often find most of the kit provided here so there’s less packing to do (and less to forget to pack…)
Best areas for camping in Devon
The coast is always a good place to base yourself on a Devon camping break. Or, more correctly, either of the coasts. Yep, Devon is the only English county to have two distinct coastlines: the sheltered southern side being home to a cluster of fab seaside towns along the English Riviera and the western end of the Jurassic Coast, and the craggier north coast a draw for walkers and surfers.
Somewhere within reach of the South West Coast Path is a fine option for folk who like to hike on hols – you could even compare the north and south by planning a two-centre break? Striding away from the sea, there are heaps of trails in both of Devon’s national parks, Exmoor and Dartmoor. A stay in the vicinity of the traffic-free Tarka Trail is another excellent option, especially for fairweather cyclists.
Strategic spots with easy access to all sorts of outings should be straightforward to find around Devon: Barnstaple’s a good choice on that front, sandwiched as it is between Exmoor and some of the north coast’s finest beaches – and with some fab family attractions thrown into the mix as well.
Don’t feel like you have to shy away from big cities, either – both Exeter and Plymouth make for some great days out (especially if the weather’s a tad unhelpful) and somewhere nearby would make a handy base for beach days, country walks and all sorts of other outings.
Must-visit attractions when staying at Devon campsites
A beach day or few is a must, surely? Head to the south coast for Paignton, Salcombe and Dawlish, or try out the various watersports on offer in and around Exmouth. Up on the north coast, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe are excellent destinations for a Devon family camping holiday, and the beaches of Bude and Croyde the places of choice for surfers and those who aspire to become surfers. While you’re up on the north coast, maybe take a day trip to the wildlife-packed waters around Lundy island too?
If you’re the sort that likes to spend their hols peeking into how the other half live, plan outings to Arlington Court, Knightshayes and Saltram House (look familiar? Yep, that’s the house from Sense and Sensibility). Dunster Castle, Powderham Castle and Okehampton Castle are popular visits for history heads, while greenfingered sorts may like to wander in the gorgeous RHS Rosemoor Gardens and the grounds of Pentillie Castle.
If you’ve got kids demanding something more suited to their tastes, steer them towards days at The Milky Way Adventure Park, farmyard madness at The Big Sheep or animal encounters at The Donkey Sanctuary, Paignton Zoo, Exmoor Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth. Or of course you could treat them to a stay right there at Diggerland…
Planning to continue your travels in Cornwall, Somerset, Wiltshire or Dorset? Check out our other options for camping in south-west England.
- Narrow your search to:
- Newton Abbot10
- Bovey Tracey2
- Bere Ferrers1
- Budleigh Salterton1
- Combe Martin1
- East Anstey1
- Ottery St Mary1
- South Brent1
- South Molton1
What are the top sites in Devon?
- Leafy Fields Glamping, Ashill
- Westdown Farm Camping, Okehampton
- Cheglinch Camping, Ilfracombe
- Castle Brake Holiday Park, Exeter
- Sandaway Beach Holiday Park, Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe Holiday Park, Ilfracombe
- Forest Glade Holiday Park, Cullompton
- Wonders Corner Camping, Langtree
- Whitehill Country Park, Paignton
- Brightlycott Barton, Barnstaple
- How much does it cost to stay in Devon? Prices start at £7.00 (€7.77)/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Devon are open now? 105 See all sites in Devon open now
- What are the top destinations in Devon? See all destinations in Devon
- How many sites in Devon have an indoor swimming pool? 10 See all sites in Devon with an indoor swimming pool
- How many sites in Devon allow dogs? 95 See all dog-friendly sites in Devon