Campsites and Holiday Parks in Dartmouth, England
162 bookable campsites within 40 miles of Dartmouth
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful South Hams farm site in Stoke Fleming, with sea views
- A five-minute drive from Dartmouth; half an hour from Salcombe
- Blackpool Sands beach and South West Coast Path a short walk away
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 10 x From £20/€23.48/A$37.72/US$27.81/CA$34.83/CHF25.30/SEK238.94/DKK174.64/NOK244.63/ISK3,475/ARS2,686.67/CLP21,188/PEN109.20/NZ$39.96/ZAR409.97/PLN107.94/R$142.28/CZK600.19/RSD2,770/HUF8,461.76/RUB2,044.34/CN¥180.51 per night Alpaca Retreat bell tent (2 adults and 3 children, secluded) 5 x From £85/€99.79/A$160.31/US$118.19/CA$148.03/CHF107.53/SEK1,015.50/DKK742.21/NOK1,039.68/ISK14,769/ARS11,418.34/CLP90,048/PEN464.11/NZ$169.85/ZAR1,742.36/PLN458.73/R$604.68/CZK2,550.82/RSD11,772/HUF35,962.46/RUB8,688.42/CN¥767.16 per night
- Well-maintained site in the South Hams, two miles from the coast
- A 10-minute drive from Dartmouth; half an hour from Dartmoor
- On a working farm with a country pub a mile away
Non-electric grass tent or motorhome pitch 6 x From £15/€17.61/A$28.29/US$20.86/CA$26.12/CHF18.98/SEK179.21/DKK130.98/NOK183.47/ISK2,606/ARS2,015/CLP15,891/PEN81.90/NZ$29.97/ZAR307.48/PLN80.95/R$106.71/CZK450.15/RSD2,078/HUF6,346.32/RUB1,533.25/CN¥135.38 per night
- Back-to-nature site with sea views, 15 minutes from Dartmouth
- Three beaches within a 10-minute drive, closest five minutes away
- Dog-friendly site on a working farm in a Devon wildlife haven
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x From £25/€29.35/A$47.15/US$34.76/CA$43.54/CHF31.63/SEK298.68/DKK218.30/NOK305.79/ISK4,344/ARS3,358.34/CLP26,485/PEN136.50/NZ$49.95/ZAR512.46/PLN134.92/R$177.85/CZK750.24/RSD3,462/HUF10,577.19/RUB2,555.42/CN¥225.63 per night
1/170Brixham, Devon, England Show on mapLast booked
- Quiet and spacious tree-lined site above Brixham in Devon
- Three minutes' drive to Brixham; Berry Head coastal walks from site
- Splashdown Quaywest 15 minutes; Paignton Zoo 20 minutes; Dartmouth 40
Electric grass pitch 8 x From £20.50/€24.07/A$38.66/US$28.50/CA$35.70/CHF25.93/SEK244.91/DKK179/NOK250.75/ISK3,562/ARS2,753.83/CLP21,718/PEN111.93/NZ$40.96/ZAR420.22/PLN110.64/R$145.83/CZK615.20/RSD2,839/HUF8,673.30/RUB2,095.44/CN¥185.02 per night
- Family-run park on a former stud farm and in a wildlife haven
- Two and a half miles from the coast
- Heated outdoor pool, bar, café, shop, takeaway and craft centre
Electric grass pitch 6 x From £19.50/€22.89/A$36.78/US$27.11/CA$33.96/CHF24.67/SEK232.97/DKK170.27/NOK238.51/ISK3,388/ARS2,619.50/CLP20,658/PEN106.47/NZ$38.96/ZAR399.72/PLN105.24/R$138.72/CZK585.19/RSD2,701/HUF8,250.21/RUB1,993.23/CN¥175.99 per night Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £20.60/€24.18/A$38.85/US$28.64/CA$35.87/CHF26.06/SEK246.11/DKK179.88/NOK251.97/ISK3,579/ARS2,767.27/CLP21,824/PEN112.48/NZ$41.16/ZAR422.27/PLN111.18/R$146.55/CZK618.20/RSD2,853/HUF8,715.61/RUB2,105.67/CN¥185.92 per night Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £29.85/€35.04/A$56.30/US$41.51/CA$51.98/CHF37.76/SEK356.62/DKK260.65/NOK365.11/ISK5,187/ARS4,009.85/CLP31,623/PEN162.99/NZ$59.65/ZAR611.88/PLN161.10/R$212.35/CZK895.79/RSD4,134/HUF12,629.17/RUB3,051.17/CN¥269.41 per night
- Devon farm site within minutes of several beaches
- A mile from the River Dart, two from Paignton and three from Totnes
- Peaceful setting on 400 acres with 15 acres of apple orchards
Non-electric grass pitch 6 x From £15.50/€18.20/A$29.23/US$21.55/CA$26.99/CHF19.61/SEK185.18/DKK135.34/NOK189.59/ISK2,693/ARS2,082.17/CLP16,421/PEN84.63/NZ$30.97/ZAR317.72/PLN83.65/R$110.27/CZK465.15/RSD2,147/HUF6,557.86/RUB1,584.36/CN¥139.89 per night Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £17/€19.96/A$32.06/US$23.64/CA$29.61/CHF21.51/SEK203.10/DKK148.44/NOK207.94/ISK2,954/ARS2,283.67/CLP18,010/PEN92.82/NZ$33.97/ZAR348.47/PLN91.75/R$120.94/CZK510.16/RSD2,354/HUF7,192.49/RUB1,737.68/CN¥153.43 per night
- Off-grid and eco-friendly bell tent in a Devon meadow
- A 15-minute drive from Blackpool Sands and 20 minutes from Dartmouth
- Kitchen area and hot-water shower; village pub and shop nearby
Bell tent 2 x From £140/€164.36/A$264.03/US$194.66/CA$243.81/CHF177.11/SEK1,672.59/DKK1,222.46/NOK1,712.41/ISK24,325/ARS18,806.68/CLP148,315/PEN764.42/NZ$279.75/ZAR2,869.77/PLN755.56/R$995.94/CZK4,201.36/RSD19,390/HUF59,232.29/RUB14,310.35/CN¥1,263.55 per night
- Luxury safari tent in quiet countryside 15 minutes’ drive to Dartmouth
- Less than 30 minutes’ drive to beaches or Dartmoor National Park
- Kitchen, shower room, TV, balcony with seating and firepit
Semira 2 bedroom safari tent (private bathroom amenities) 4 x From £100/€117.40/A$188.60/US$139.05/CA$174.15/CHF126.51/SEK1,194.71/DKK873.18/NOK1,223.15/ISK17,375/ARS13,433.34/CLP105,939/PEN546.02/NZ$199.82/ZAR2,049.84/PLN539.69/R$711.39/CZK3,000.97/RSD13,850/HUF42,308.78/RUB10,221.68/CN¥902.54 per night
- Spacious multi-tent pitch with amazing views over Devon countryside
- A 10-minute drive to Slapton Sands, and 30 minutes from Dartmoor
- Communal firepit and private showers; close to beaches, shops and pubs
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch 10 x From £30/€35.22/A$56.58/US$41.71/CA$52.24/CHF37.95/SEK358.41/DKK261.96/NOK366.94/ISK5,213/ARS4,030/CLP31,782/PEN163.80/NZ$59.95/ZAR614.95/PLN161.91/R$213.42/CZK900.29/RSD4,155/HUF12,692.63/RUB3,066.50/CN¥270.76 per night
- Peaceful pitches on a Devon farm, 20 minutes' drive from Dartmouth
- Half an hour's walk from Slapton village, beach and nature reserve
- Dogs welcome: walks nearby and a grooming salon on site
Non-electric grass and gravel campervan pitch 6 x From £25/€29.35/A$47.15/US$34.76/CA$43.54/CHF31.63/SEK298.68/DKK218.30/NOK305.79/ISK4,344/ARS3,358.34/CLP26,485/PEN136.50/NZ$49.95/ZAR512.46/PLN134.92/R$177.85/CZK750.24/RSD3,462/HUF10,577.19/RUB2,555.42/CN¥225.63 per night Non-electric grass campervan pitch 6 x From £25/€29.35/A$47.15/US$34.76/CA$43.54/CHF31.63/SEK298.68/DKK218.30/NOK305.79/ISK4,344/ARS3,358.34/CLP26,485/PEN136.50/NZ$49.95/ZAR512.46/PLN134.92/R$177.85/CZK750.24/RSD3,462/HUF10,577.19/RUB2,555.42/CN¥225.63 per night Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x Bell tent (two man) 2 x From £130/€152.62/A$245.17/US$180.76/CA$226.39/CHF164.46/SEK1,553.12/DKK1,135.14/NOK1,590.09/ISK22,588/ARS17,463.34/CLP137,721/PEN709.82/NZ$259.77/ZAR2,664.79/PLN701.59/R$924.81/CZK3,901.26/RSD18,005/HUF55,001.41/RUB13,288.18/CN¥1,173.30 per 2 nights Bell tent (five man) 5 x From £150/€176.10/A$282.89/US$208.57/CA$261.22/CHF189.76/SEK1,792.06/DKK1,309.78/NOK1,834.72/ISK26,063/ARS20,150.01/CLP158,909/PEN819.02/NZ$299.73/ZAR3,074.75/PLN809.53/R$1,067.08/CZK4,501.45/RSD20,775/HUF63,463.17/RUB15,332.51/CN¥1,353.80 per 2 nights
- Small peaceful site among the Paignton hills
- Caravans for hire, all with space for picnic tables
- Dogs welcome
1 bedroom static caravan 4 x From £210/€246.54/A$396.05/US$292/CA$365.71/CHF265.66/SEK2,508.88/DKK1,833.69/NOK2,568.61/ISK36,488/ARS28,210.02/CLP222,473/PEN1,146.63/NZ$419.62/ZAR4,304.66/PLN1,133.34/R$1,493.92/CZK6,302.03/RSD29,085/HUF88,848.44/RUB21,465.52/CN¥1,895.33 per 7 nights 2 bedroom static caravan 6 x From £260/€305.23/A$490.35/US$361.52/CA$452.79/CHF328.91/SEK3,106.23/DKK2,270.28/NOK3,180.19/ISK45,176/ARS34,926.69/CLP275,442/PEN1,419.64/NZ$519.53/ZAR5,329.57/PLN1,403.18/R$1,849.61/CZK7,802.52/RSD36,010/HUF110,002.83/RUB26,576.36/CN¥2,346.59 per 7 nights
- Peaceful dog-friendly site in south Devon, two miles from the beach
- A 10-minute drive to Slapton Sands and 30 minutes to Dartmouth
- Sea views; pubs, farm shops and brewery within 10 minutes' drive
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 12 x From £18/€21.13/A$33.95/US$25.03/CA$31.35/CHF22.77/SEK215.05/DKK157.17/NOK220.17/ISK3,128/ARS2,418/CLP19,069/PEN98.28/NZ$35.97/ZAR368.97/PLN97.14/R$128.05/CZK540.17/RSD2,493/HUF7,615.58/RUB1,839.90/CN¥162.46 per night Non-electric grass campervan pitch 10 x From £20/€23.48/A$37.72/US$27.81/CA$34.83/CHF25.30/SEK238.94/DKK174.64/NOK244.63/ISK3,475/ARS2,686.67/CLP21,188/PEN109.20/NZ$39.96/ZAR409.97/PLN107.94/R$142.28/CZK600.19/RSD2,770/HUF8,461.76/RUB2,044.34/CN¥180.51 per night Non-electric grass touring caravan pitch 10 x From £20/€23.48/A$37.72/US$27.81/CA$34.83/CHF25.30/SEK238.94/DKK174.64/NOK244.63/ISK3,475/ARS2,686.67/CLP21,188/PEN109.20/NZ$39.96/ZAR409.97/PLN107.94/R$142.28/CZK600.19/RSD2,770/HUF8,461.76/RUB2,044.34/CN¥180.51 per night
- Five-acre farm site with quiet, level-grounded dog-friendly pitches
- A 15-minute drive from the coast; 20 minutes to Dartmoor National Park
- Pub and small food shop within walking distance; footpaths nearby
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 5 x From £15/€17.61/A$28.29/US$20.86/CA$26.12/CHF18.98/SEK179.21/DKK130.98/NOK183.47/ISK2,606/ARS2,015/CLP15,891/PEN81.90/NZ$29.97/ZAR307.48/PLN80.95/R$106.71/CZK450.15/RSD2,078/HUF6,346.32/RUB1,533.25/CN¥135.38 per night Electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 5 x Electric grass touring caravan pitch 5 x
- Wild camping field in Devon countryside near Dartmoor National Park
- Totnes, Kingsbridge and Blackpool Sands all within 15 minutes’ drive
- Country pubs within five minutes’ walk; eggs and cake for sale on site
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £16/€18.78/A$30.18/US$22.25/CA$27.86/CHF20.24/SEK191.15/DKK139.71/NOK195.70/ISK2,780/ARS2,149.33/CLP16,950/PEN87.36/NZ$31.97/ZAR327.97/PLN86.35/R$113.82/CZK480.15/RSD2,216/HUF6,769.40/RUB1,635.47/CN¥144.41 per night
- Dog-friendly grassy pitches one mile from Start Bay with sea views
- A five-minute drive from Slapton Sands; 25 minutes from Dartmouth
- Farm shop, bar, brewery, café and butchers on site; barbecues allowed
Non-electric grass tent pitch 8 x From £15/€17.61/A$28.29/US$20.86/CA$26.12/CHF18.98/SEK179.21/DKK130.98/NOK183.47/ISK2,606/ARS2,015/CLP15,891/PEN81.90/NZ$29.97/ZAR307.48/PLN80.95/R$106.71/CZK450.15/RSD2,078/HUF6,346.32/RUB1,533.25/CN¥135.38 per night
- Family-friendly South Devon campsite in a village near several beaches
- A 15-minute drive to Kingsbridge and Blackpool Sands
- Level camping field close to a kids’ play park, pub and shop
Non-electric grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch (maximum 3 adults) 5 x
- Peaceful 10-acre site with views over the sea and Kingsbridge Estuary
- Five minutes' drive to Torcross beach; 20 minutes to Salcombe
- Set on a working farm in the South Hams; direct access to footpaths
Non-electric grass campervan pitch (maximum 6 metres) 5 x From £22/€25.83/A$41.49/US$30.59/CA$38.31/CHF27.83/SEK262.84/DKK192.10/NOK269.09/ISK3,823/ARS2,955.34/CLP23,307/PEN120.12/NZ$43.96/ZAR450.96/PLN118.73/R$156.51/CZK660.21/RSD3,047/HUF9,307.93/RUB2,248.77/CN¥198.56 per night Non-electric grass tent pitch 5 x From £22/€25.83/A$41.49/US$30.59/CA$38.31/CHF27.83/SEK262.84/DKK192.10/NOK269.09/ISK3,823/ARS2,955.34/CLP23,307/PEN120.12/NZ$43.96/ZAR450.96/PLN118.73/R$156.51/CZK660.21/RSD3,047/HUF9,307.93/RUB2,248.77/CN¥198.56 per night
- Relaxed campsite with views of Dartmoor; 20 minutes' drive to beaches
- Totnes, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge all within 15 minutes' drive
- Firewood and eggs to buy on site; local pub within walking distance
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x Non-electric grass touring pitch 6 x
- Back-to-basics camping in a flower meadow near Totnes in Devon
- Dartmoor 20 minutes' drive, and 25 minutes to south-coast beaches
- Vegetarian site with compost loos and drinking water
Non-electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £24/€28.18/A$45.26/US$33.37/CA$41.80/CHF30.36/SEK286.73/DKK209.56/NOK293.56/ISK4,170/ARS3,224/CLP25,425/PEN131.04/NZ$47.96/ZAR491.96/PLN129.52/R$170.73/CZK720.23/RSD3,324/HUF10,154.11/RUB2,453.20/CN¥216.61 per night Hazel bell tent 4 x From £60/€70.44/A$113.16/US$83.43/CA$104.49/CHF75.90/SEK716.82/DKK523.91/NOK733.89/ISK10,425/ARS8,060/CLP63,564/PEN327.61/NZ$119.89/ZAR1,229.90/PLN323.81/R$426.83/CZK1,800.58/RSD8,310/HUF25,385.27/RUB6,133.01/CN¥541.52 per night
- Spacious, back-to-basics Devon farm site with views of Start Bay
- A 20-minute drive (via ferry) to Salcombe and 25 minutes to Dartmouth
- Well-maintained, dog-friendly pitches and South West Coast Path access
Summerpark Field non-electric grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch 8 x
The river Dart
With its shimmering mix of emerald, turquoise and dusky green waters, there’s no mistaking the river Dart. Dartmouth, as its name suggests, is where this spectacular watercourse widens and flows into the sea, passing as it does so through a gorgeous estuary that’s a haven for wildlife.
A holiday to Dartmouth isn’t really complete until you’ve taken to the water in one way or another. Boat trips available here include catching the ferry to the picture-postcard village of Dittisham, booking onto a longer cruise (with guided commentary) down the river to Totnes or hiring a kayak or paddleboard and giving inland navigation your best shot.
Castles by the coast
As a stroll around the streets of Dartmouth will tell you, this place punches above its weight in terms of history. Here, you can visit two excellent examples of English coastal fortifications, both of which have spectacular views over the tidal river Dart and a range of seagoing vessels leaving and entering port.
Dartmouth Castle has guarded this strategic point for over 600 years and has excellent views out to sea. The first buildings here were erected by a privateering local mayor in the 1300s, which later expanded to include a gun tower, a Victorian battery and a small church.
By Tudor times, it was decided that Dartmouth was too important to go without a second line of defence, so Bayard's Cove Fort was built closer to the town centre at some point in the early 1500s. This remarkable building fell into disrepair by the 18th century, but was returned to active service in the Second World War when it was fitted with modern defensive technology.
Dartmouth’s colourful town centre
With a range of independent shops plus regular artisanal and farmers’ markets, Dartmouth is an excellent spot to browse for clothes, gifts and culinary treats.
Away from the shops, Dartmouth’s town centre is a very pleasant place to while away a few hours, whether you’re after a rest overlooking the harbour in Royal Avenue Gardens, a Shire horse-drawn carriage tour or a gentle amble full of history and heritage on the Dartmouth Mayflower Trail.
The best things to do in and around Dartmouth
Travel in style towards Totnes on the Dartmouth Steam Railway.
Earmark a couple of hours to visit the RNLI Visitor Centre and learn about the critical work of Dartmouth’s dedicated lifeboat crew.
Hire a kayak or paddleboard or try out coasteering and other adventurous activities with Sea Kayak Devon.
The best attractions within an hour’s drive of Dartmouth
Find fab foliage and space to think at Fast Rabbit Farm Gardens (10 minutes’ drive), a hidden gem just outside Dartmouth.
Check out the mini zoo, big rides and fantastic falconry displays on offer at Woodlands Family Theme Park (10 minutes).
Explore the haunted towers and turrets of Berry Pomeroy Castle, a grand 15th century Tudor-style building near Totnes (30 minutes).
Get the ferry or drive to the Greenway Estate, Torquay-born writer Agatha Christie’s favourite holiday home (40 minutes).
Investigate the wildlife, sea views and Second World War history on display at Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve (20 minutes).
Britannia Royal Naval College
Since the 1800s, Dartmouth has been a major military centre, and today the town is home to the only remaining naval college in the country. Most visitors don’t know this, but the college’s archives, training grounds and iconic buildings can actually all be visited on regular guided tours, where you’ll hear stories of British and Commonwealth naval cadets from 150 years ago to the present day.
Over the water to the Kingswear Peninsula
A visit to Dartmouth isn’t truly complete until you’ve also explored the east bank of the Dart and the gorgeous Kingswear Peninsula. Getting here from the town centre is simple enough, as a ferry shuttles back and forth between the quay and pretty Kingswear village in just a few minutes every day of the week (check in advance to make sure you don’t get stranded on the wrong side during the skipper’s lunch hour…).
Once here, you might like to explore the spectacular Art Deco house at Coleton Fishacre, an opulent 1920s retreat with sweeping views of the sea. Equally, there’s much to see and do in the surrounding countryside – take the South West Coast Path and gaze out over the weatherbeaten Dragon’s Tail rocks offshore, or hike through the hinterland to see The Daymark, a 25-metre hilltop navigational tower built back in 1864.
The Newcomen Engine
Make tracks to the Dartmouth Visitor Centre in the town centre to see Newcomen’s Engine, the oldest preserved working steam engine in the world. Initially designed to pump water out of flooded coal mines, the engine was moved and repurposed several times, staying in service all the way up until 1913. In 1964, to mark 400 years since the birth of its inventor, it was returned to Newcomen’s native Dartmouth and preserved for posterity.
Dreaming of a Dartmouth getaway? We’ve got a selection of Dartmouth campsites, glampsites and static caravan parks to suit a range of tastes and budgets, with everything from Dartmouth touring sites to exclusive lodges and pods in the South Hams countryside.
If you already have features you’d like from your site in mind, use the tick-box filters and calendar on this page to find availability for your dates. Alternatively, you might want to take a look at some of our most popular options below: