This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up campsite in a scenic location by the Lancaster Canal
- A quarter of an hour's drive from Lancaster; Morecambe 25 minutes
- Suitable for paddleboards, canoes, kayaks and fishing
Glasson Dock Campsite is a fab pop-up camping field in a scenic waterside location a few metres from Glasson Marina. Spending so much time by the Lancaster Canal is bound to be good for the soul, what with the narrowboats chugging along, the wildlife that lives in and around the water and the opportunities for paddleboarding, canoeing, kayaking, fishing and walking that abound in the local area.
Guests here have three watery areas to explore: the Lancaster Canal, the river Lune and the Lancashire coast, which is perhaps best appreciated 25 minutes' drive away to the north at Morecambe Bay. The compact city of Lancaster (15 minutes) is close at hand too and has plenty of supermarkets, shops and places for dinner out.
This simple site is equipped with functional portaloo toilets and cold outdoor showers and is a five-minute stroll from the various cafés and eateries of Glasson Dock, which is the starting point for a number of footpaths and bike trails. Glasson Dock Campsite is a low-key, laidback campsite where dogs, barbecues and campfires are all allowed.
Travelling without a car? Glasson Dock Campsite is a few minutes' walk from a bus stop, where you can catch regular services to Lancaster and beyond.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
It's a safe feeling site, close enough to everything I needed,
Great check in and out times
Lovely campsite,level pitches,friendly owner ideal for tents/motorhome
Friendly host, level pitches and a beautiful site.
Realy great site, nice and quiet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles University Underpass — 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Bus Station — 4.1 miles
- Train stations
Heysham Port Rail Station
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Lancaster Rail Station — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Morecambe Rail Station — 5.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 8.2 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 45.5 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Hebbs Alpacas: a few minutes' walk
- Lancaster Golf Club: five minutes' drive
- Lancaster Castle: 15 minutes
- Morecambe Bay: 25 minutes
- Sizergh Castle: 30 minutes
- Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 35 minutes
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 45 minutes
- Bowland Wild Boar Park: 50 minutes.
- Lancaster Castle (4.0 miles)
- Beacon Fell Country Park (11.0 miles)
- Holker Hall and Gardens (14.5 miles)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (14.8 miles)
- Dalton Castle (17.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Depart by:||4 p.m.|
Glasson Dock Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Glasson Dock Campsite will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Glasson Dock Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Glasson Dock Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Glasson Dock Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Hebbs Alpacas: a few minutes' walk - Lancaster Golf Club: five minutes' drive - Lancaster Castle: 15 minutes - Morecambe Bay: 25 minutes - Sizergh Castle: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Glasson Dock Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 4 p.m.