Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Lake District pop-up site in the foothills of Blencathra
- Keswick, Skiddaw and Helvellyn all within a 10-minute drive
- Simple, spacious pitches with a stream for paddling
The owners of Low Hollows reckon they’ve got one of the most stunning locations in the Lake District… and it’s easy to see why they love it. This Cumbria pop-up site is in the foothills of Blencathra, so it’s a scenic place, and it’s easy to get to as well – just a little way off the A66.
That handy position means that it’s easy to get to the village of Threlkeld, a mile away, for two excellent pubs and a coffee shop – or continue on to the bigger market town of Keswick, less than 10 minutes’ drive away. The Keswick to Penrith bus route stops in the village too, so you can get out and about easily without taking the car.
And where might your outings take you? Well, it’s all about the open air around here: climbing, horse riding, canoeing and shooting are all within five miles, and there’s a golf course less than a mile away. Cyclists can head out on the C2C (Coast to Coast) route from the village, while walkers take strolls along the Keswick to Threlkeld railway line path. More intrepid types can tick off several Lakeland fells nearby, including Skiddaw and Helvellyn as well as Blencathra.
Sounds rather like you’ll need time to chill out back on site – and handily there’s plenty of space for that, plus a stream for soothing tired feet. Barbecues are permitted on the pitches, and you’re welcome to bring dogs and kids (there’s a whole lot of field for them to scamper about in). Facilities are on the low-key side, with just showers and toilets (two of each for the ladies and gents) and a washing-up area.
Open from 28/05/2021 to 04/10/2021
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 6.0m width x 6.0m depth (19.7ft width x 19.7ft depth) Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Spacious, clean facilities and good location with great views
Stunning views from any location on the camp site. Loads …
Great location amazing views as much space as you want
Cheap and cheerful campsite with the basics you would need.
Excellent site,amazing amenities, beautiful surroundings
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Rail Station — 11.4 miles
11.4 miles Lakeside House for Dove Cottage — 11.9 miles
- Train stations
Penrith North Lakes Rail Station
— 11.3 miles
11.3 miles Wigton Rail Station — 15.0 miles
15.0 miles Aspatria Rail Station — 15.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Keswick Ferry Landing
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Nichol End (Derwentwater) Ferry Landing — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Ashness Gate Derwentwater Ferry Landing — 5.4 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 60.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Keswick (Puzzling Place, Kong Adventure Centre and boat hire): 10 minutes
- Castlerigg Stone Circle: 10 minutes
- Skiddaw trails: 10 minutes
- Helvellyn trails: 10 minutes
- Aira Force waterfall and Ullswater: 15 minutes
- Dalemain Mansion & Historic Gardens: 15 minutes
- Whinlatter Forest Park: 15 minutes
- Catbells trails: 15 minutes
- Lake District Wildlife Park: 20 minutes
- The Lakes Distillery: 20 minutes.
- Castlerigg Stone Circle (3.0 miles)
- Mirehouse Historic House and Gardens (6.3 miles)
- Ullswater Steamers (6.8 miles)
- Grasmere and Great Langdale (13.0 miles)
- Wordsworth House and Garden (13.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Low Hollows cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Low Hollows will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Low Hollows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Low Hollows dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Low Hollows? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Keswick (Puzzling Place, Kong Adventure Centre and boat hire): 10 minutes - Castlerigg Stone Circle: 10 minutes - Skiddaw trails: 10 minutes - Helvellyn trails: 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Low Hollows?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Low Hollows? From £17 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability