This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning park a mile and a half from Shrewsbury
- Excellent facilities including pool, steam room and restaurant
- Fishing available at well-stocked site pools
What a splendidly scenic – and sited – place is Beaconsfield Holiday Park. It's near the village of Hadnall and less than two miles from ye olde market town of Shrewsbury, set in viewsome Shropshire countryside with spectacular scenery all around, and in an area full of Shropshire sightseeing, walking and cycling.
The top-notch facilities at this award-winning and five-star park include its licensed Bothy Restaurant, a pool and a steam room. Fishing is also available on site from well-stocked pools, or you could rent a bike from the Beaconsfield team: the Shropshire Way passes through the park and many quiet Shropshire country lanes are around for peaceful pedals.
And if seeing/hearing small people doesn't usually shine on your list of holiday essentials? You might be chuffed to know that Beaconsfield is firmly adults only, accepting guests aged 21 and up.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
excellent place to have fun and relax
Very quiet, adult only site in lovely surroundings. Nice lake …
Everything except the lighting
Fantastic site, friendly staff, clean facilities, great indoor swimmin
Excellent the peace and quiet we were looking for
Nice pitches,friendly staff
Highly recommended. Will surely be back for longer stay
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Shrewsbury: Bus Station Raven Meadows
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Ford (Shrops): A458 Coach Stop — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Nesscliffe (Shrops): Coach Stop — 9.0 miles
- Train stations
Yorton Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Shrewsbury Rail Station — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Wem Rail Station — 5.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 45.0 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 39.7 miles
Beaconsfield Holiday Park is handily placed for topping attractions in Shrewsbury and Shropshire – and if you'd rather leave your wheels behind, Harlescott and Oxon park and ride is a mile and a half down the road.
A cinema, ten-pin bowling, golf course and driving range are all close by, along with the National Trust's Attingham Park and the remains and exhibits of Wroxeter Roman Vineyard, both within easy driving distance.
Splendidly old Shrewsbury and its medieval streets, 660 or so listed buildings, nine bridges and four shopping centres is also a quick trip away; ask the Beaconsfield team if any of the city's famed festivals are running when you're around.
About half an hour from Shrewsbury, heritage hunters can be steelily determined to have a good time at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums, the UNESCO World Heritage Site covering the history and people of Britain's Industrial Revolution.
- Darby Houses (Ironbridge) (12.5 miles)
- Blists Hill Victorian Town (12.8 miles)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums (13.2 miles)
- Attingham Park (6.2 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (7.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Beaconsfield Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Beaconsfield Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Beaconsfield Holiday Park? Beaconsfield Holiday Park is handily placed for topping attractions in Shrewsbury and Shropshire – and if you'd rather leave your wheels behind, Harlescott and Oxon park and ride is a mile and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Beaconsfield Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.