This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Secluded bell tents at a Herefordshire family smallholding
- A 10-minute drive from Ross-on-Wye and close to Forest of Dean
- Feed the animals, collect eggs and build dens in the woods
Head down a Herefordshire country lane, cross a little stable yard and you’ll meet lovely Lilly and Billy, the emperor bell tents living in their own one-acre paddock at Little Bull Hill. Easily accessed from the M50 and a 10-minute drive from Ross-on-Wye, this spot makes a fab base for days out exploring the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley.
Much of what you’ll need is provided here, so you should be able to settle in with minimal fuss. Bedding is all sorted, and there’s lots of helpful kit in the stable yard kitchen to help prep meals (which you might like to cook over the firepit, perhaps?). Guests also have access to a toilet and a shower with oodles of hot water, plus a fridge freezer, firewood and laundry facilities on request. All of this is set up in a very private pitch so you’ll be able to enjoy the peace at your leisure.
As for getting out and about, it’s all about the outdoor activities: wild swimming, riding, canoeing and mountain biking are all popular picks around here (and there’s bike storage and a wash-down area on site to help with this last one).
Friendly owner Emma is on hand to point you in the direction of good places to go, and she’s happy for kids to build dens in the woods or get stuck in with helping to feed the smallholding’s animals (ponies, horses and chickens) or collect eggs from the free-roaming chickens.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
We visited as a family with young children. To give …
Wonderful long weekend spent at Little Bull Hill. Highly recommend. …
Everything was perfect
Clean, comfortable, friendly, kids loved it, would highly recommed
Amazing stay, fantastic facilities, great area! 10/10
The site was amazing and host. So peaceful and super clean facilities
Excellent stay with so much space to yourself.
Fantastic two days away. Pitch was fantastic with a whole …
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
More frequent emptying of bins
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Kings Arms — 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Cantilupe Road — 5.1 miles
- Train stations
Ledbury Rail Station
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Gloucester Rail Station — 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Colwall Rail Station — 11.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 14.5 miles
14.5 miles Lydney Harbour — 15.6 miles
— 13.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- The International Centre for Birds of Prey: five minutes’ drive
- Canoeing and paddleboarding from Ross-on-Wye: 10 minutes
- Three Choirs Vineyard: 10 minutes
- Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 15 minutes
- Hellens (one of the UK’s oldest homes): 15 minutes
- Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo: 15 minutes
- Go Ape Forest of Dean: 25 minutes
- Clearwell Caves: half an hour
- Puzzle Wood: half an hour
- Hereford (for the Mappa Mundi, cider museum and Black and White House Museum): half an hour.
- Eastnor Castle (7.3 miles)
- Goodrich Castle (8.0 miles)
- Gloucester Waterways Museum (10.3 miles)
- Westbury Court Garden (8.1 miles)
- Ashleworth Tithe Barn (8.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Little Bull Hill cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 28 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Little Bull Hill will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £100.00 damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
The damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit required on arrival can only be paid for in cash.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Little Bull Hill have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Little Bull Hill dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Little Bull Hill? Attractions and activities nearby include: - The International Centre for Birds of Prey: five minutes’ drive - Canoeing and paddleboarding from Ross-on-Wye: 10 minutes - Three Choirs Vineyard: 10 minutes - Malvern … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Little Bull Hill?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.