Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Simple, peaceful grass pitches at a family farm in the South Downs
- Bignor Roman Villa within walking distance; 10 mins' drive to Arundel
- Farm shop on site; firepit provided for barbecue cooking
‘Not quite wild camping’ is how the owners of Cokes Farm describe their site – and it’s a good way indeed to sum up the setup here, which is peaceful and rural in atmosphere but does have access to fresh drinking water and a portable toilet.
The grass pitches here are part of a family farm in the tiny hamlet of West Burton, in the southern stretch of the South Downs National Park about 10 minutes’ drive from Pulborough. You’ll be well away from traffic noise and street lights here, so it’s a very good spot for walks and bike rides by day and stargazing by night (the South Downs are recognised as a dark sky park so the starry displays should be pretty good).
Those walks/rides might just take you over to the village, or they might take you up onto the top of the Downs for views out towards Brighton and the Isle of Wight. For a closer look at the sea, you can reach the coast with a drive of about 20 minutes.
One of the real highlights of this site is its farm shop, which sells eggs, bacon, fruit and veg (along with detergents for the inevitable washing-up). A firepit is provided if you’d like to have a go at barbecue cooking; anything you can’t buy on site should be available in the shops of the local towns – as well as Pulborough, Arundel, Petworth and Storrington are all within a 15-minute drive. There are plenty of eateries in those towns too, or you could head to the local pub, a 20-minute stroll away.
Open from 29/03/2024 to 30/09/2024
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
The location is beautiful, at the foothills of the South …
Lovely rural site for a short break
From the manager...
We plan to have showers for next season!
The site and owners were fantastic. We had such a …
My partner and I had a great stay at Cokes …
Home made frangipani tart and fresh produce from the farm. …
From the manager...
We plan to have a dedicated toilet, shower and wash block for the next season
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Queen St — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Anchor Springs — 7.4 miles
- Train stations
Amberley Rail Station
— 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Pulborough Rail Station — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Arundel Rail Station — 4.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 14.4 miles
14.4 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 14.6 miles
14.6 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 21.2 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 13.8 miles
13.8 miles London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 24.3 miles
24.3 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 24.6 miles
What 3 Words : narrow thuds wordplay
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bignor Roman Villa: five minutes’ drive/25 minutes’ walk
- Arundel Castle: 10 minutes’ drive
- Amberley Castle: 10 minutes
- Gaston Farm: 10 minutes
- South Downs Light Railway: 10 minutes
- Tangmere Military & Aviation Museum: 15 minutes
- National Trust - Petworth House and Park: 20 minutes
- Tinwood Estate vineyard: 20 minutes
- Weald & Downland Living Museum: 25 minutes
- Bognor Regis beach: 25 minutes.
- Parham House & Gardens (3.7 miles)
- Arundel Castle and Gardens (4.2 miles)
- Petworth House & Park (5.4 miles)
- Petworth House and Park (5.2 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (13.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||9 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Cokes Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Cokes Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMasterCard
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Cokes Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cokes Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cokes Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bignor Roman Villa: five minutes’ drive/25 minutes’ walk - Arundel Castle: 10 minutes’ drive - Amberley Castle: 10 minutes - Gaston Farm: 10 minutes - South … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cokes Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Cokes Farm? From £30 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability