This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the South Downs National Park
- Direct access to the South Downs Way
- Meals regularly cooked over a wood fire for guests
All the best things are woodfired – like ovens, stoves and, of course, pizzas... See if that holds true at Woodfire Camping, a family-friendly site in the South Downs National Park, 10 minutes’ drive from the small town of Petworth in West Sussex.
The trails of the South Downs are within easy reach of Woodfire Camping: a track leading directly from the site will bring you on to the 90-mile South Downs Way, which you can walk, cycle or follow on horseback.
If you’re not all tuckered out from your rambles, keep activity levels up back on site: see how you stack up in a round of the Finnish throwing game Mölkky... then stroll to one of the several pubs within walking distance for a post-game pint. Or, if you’re lucky enough to be visiting during high season, sit back and wait for the masseuse to be free...
Foodwise, guests are excellently catered for here: woodfired meal are regularly cooked for guests and, if you don’t feel like mingling, you can fire up your own barbecue (then laze around a campfire under the stars).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Queen St — 8.3 miles
8.3 miles Bus Station — 10.3 miles
- Train stations
Pulborough Rail Station
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Amberley Rail Station — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Barnham Rail Station — 8.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 13.6 miles
13.6 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 14.0 miles
14.0 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 19.8 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 17.8 miles
17.8 miles London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 24.9 miles
24.9 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 25.3 miles
Ease into wider adventures around the site (after a massage, natch) with a soothing afternoon’s fishing at Duncton Mill Fishery or with a round of golf at Cowdray Park Golf Club, both 10 minutes from the site.
Continue your hols in the manner you’d like to grow accustomed to with stops at the stunning Petworth House and Arundel Castle before tipping over to Goodwood Estate for a tour of the house, afternoon tea, horseracing, motoring events and spectacular views of the area from the sky (call in to the Goodwood aerodrome).
History buffs whose interest has been piqued by all the stately homes should make sure to get to Bignor Roman Villa, Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre, and Weald and Downland Living Museum, all around 20 minutes away, while those craving the urban should head into Chichester (25 minutes) for shopping and dining.
Fond of a glass of vino or two? Round out your trip by finding tipplers’ paradise at the bottom of a glass at Upperton Vineyards or (and) Stopham Vineyard and Winery, each 15 minutes from Woodfire Camping, on tours and tastings.
- Petworth House & Park (2.8 miles)
- Weald & Downland Open Air Museum (5.8 miles)
- West Dean Gardens (6.7 miles)
- Petworth House and Park (2.8 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (10.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Woodfire Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodfire Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodfire Camping? Ease into wider adventures around the site (after a massage, natch) with a soothing afternoon’s fishing at Duncton Mill Fishery or with a round of golf at Cowdray Park Golf Club, both … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodfire Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.