Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Dog-friendly site in the peaceful South Downs National Park
- A 25-minute drive from Brighton; 15 minutes to Devil’s Dyke
- Adventure trail, swing tree and places for den making on site; firepit
Bunker down at Ditchling Camping, a dog-friendly site in the South Downs National Park. A 25-minute drive from Brighton and its busy coast, this site rests in the historic village of Ditchling, surrounded by vineyards, bumpy countryside and great views.
If the whole family is tagging along, there is much to play with around the site, including an adventure trail through the woodlands around site, a swing tree and places to fashion your own little dens.
The site is only a five-minute drive (or a 50-minute walk) from the traditional Jack and Jill windmills and its neighbouring family-run pub serving good ales and grub. There’s also a vineyard 15 minutes’ walk away from the site, good for wine-tasting tours, or you can simply pedal past country lanes on the surrounding cycling routes (hire a bike locally if you may).
On your route, stop by the characterful Ditchling, home to local craftspeople and winemakers. Here, there is a nice selection of independent shops, cosy cafés and pubs that will ladle you a good serving of Sussex food, all within a ten-minute walk.
Back on site, end the day with an intimate evening beside the firepits. Things are kept nicely straightforward on site with warm showers and a separate dishwashing area.
Open from 11/06/2021 to 30/09/2021
This is a quiet site: no music is allowed.
No electric barbecues allowed.
No gas barbecues allowed.
No charcoal barbecues allowed.
Continental touring caravans (caravans built with the door on the right-hand side) are not permitted.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
There are no bins onsite: all rubbish will need to be taken home with you.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch
Max. persons: unlimited x
Pitch size : Max 8.0m width x 8.0m depth (26.2ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 64.0m² (688.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass and earth
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
From the manager...
Thanks for your comment - I quite agree. We have ordered 3 panels of split chestnut fencing (very attractive and rustic), but due to Covid it is taking a while to arrive. Due to be installed next week
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Patcham (Brighton): London Road Coach Stop
— 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Hickstead: A23 Slip Rd Coach Stop — 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Brighton: Withdean Pk Carden Ave Coach Stop — 4.7 miles
- Train stations
Hassocks Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Burgess Hill Rail Station — 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Plumpton Rail Station — 2.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 11.8 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 9.7 miles
9.7 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 16.4 miles
16.4 miles London Gatwick Airport — 16.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Devil's Dyke (National Trust site with walking trails): 15 minutes’ drive
- Borde Hill Garden (gardens, woodland and playground): 20 minutes
- Sheffield Park and Garden (National Trust site): 20 minutes
- Brighton: 25 minutes
- Ardingly Reservoir (watersports and fishing): 25 minutes
- Leonardslee Lakes & Gardens (botanical gardens): 25 minutes
- Wakehurst (botanical gardens): half an hour
- Eastbourne: 45 minutes
- Hastings (old town, steam train and beaches): an hour and 10 minutes
- Preston Manor (5.6 miles)
- Royal Pavilion (6.9 miles)
- Hove Museum & Art Gallery (6.9 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (7.7 miles)
- Monk's House (8.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Ditchling Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Ditchling Camping will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Ditchling Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ditchling Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ditchling Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Devil's Dyke (National Trust site with walking trails): 15 minutes’ drive - Borde Hill Garden (gardens, woodland and playground): 20 minutes - Sheffield Park and Garden … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ditchling Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Ditchling Camping? From £21 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability