This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Wild camping in a 15-acre forest near Heathfield in East Sussex
- Ashdown Forest and Eastbourne beach both half an hour’s drive
- Well-spaced pitches, fires allowed; shops and pubs five minutes’ drive
Deep in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Holmans Wood is a wild-camping spot in a 15-acre, family-owned pine and chestnut woodland surrounded by farmland. A range of pitches include mown paddock, forest-floor among the trees or cleared areas in the forest.
The wood is criss-crossed with tracks, making it accessible to all cars, but there’s also plenty of paths for exploring remote corners and indeed setting up your tent pretty much where you fancy among the trees. Dogs are welcome to join you on your adventures too.
Keep your eyes peeled when you are out and about, as the woodland is home to a family of roe deer and buzzards among other wildlife.
Simple facilities on this back-to-basics site include composting toilets and a hand-washing-and-teeth-brushing basin. Otherwise it’s all down to you.
Fires are encouraged and firewood is included in your stay; feel free to collect it yourself. Should you run out of barbecue essentials, Heathfield (five minutes’ drive) has shops, pubs and restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
If you want a peaceful camping trip then this site really is for you!!
Lovely woodland peaceful break
Very nice forest camping. Recommended
Wild camping for families
The perfect peaceful woodland escape to reconnect with nature
Camping as it should be! Fantastic setting. Immersed in nature …
Fabulous tranquil location for off the grid stays
Beautiful campsite! Ian made us feel extremely welcome, checking we …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Golden Cross Inn
— 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Golden Cross Inn — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Bus Station — 6.2 miles
- Train stations
Buxted Rail Station
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Uckfield Rail Station — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Crowborough Rail Station — 6.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 14.2 miles
London Gatwick Airport
— 22.1 miles
22.1 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 22.1 miles
22.1 miles London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 22.8 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- The Cuckoo Trail (cycle route): access from site
- Heathfield (market town): five minutes’ drive
- Urban Jump Trampoline Park: five minutes
- Golf: 10 minutes
- Fishing: 10 minutes
- National Trust - Bateman’s (home of Rudyard Kipling): 15 minutes
- Knockhatch Adventure Park: 15 minutes
- Ashdown Forest: half an hour
- Eastbourne (seaside): half an hour
- Bexhill Beach: 35 minutes.
- Batemans (6.5 miles)
- Drusillas Park (10.0 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (10.2 miles)
- Bateman's (6.5 miles)
- Sheffield Park Garden (10.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Holmans Woods cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Holmans Woods will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Holmans Woods have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Holmans Woods dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Holmans Woods? Local attractions and activities include: - The Cuckoo Trail (cycle route): access from site - Heathfield (market town): five minutes’ drive - Urban Jump Trampoline Park: five minutes - Golf: 10 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Holmans Woods?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.