This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up site at a friendly family farm five minutes from Ulverston
- A five-minute drive to beach or safari zoo; 20 minutes to Windermere
- Local pub and ice cream parlour within walking distance
If a spot just a few minutes away from both Ulverston and the Cumbria coast sounds like a good place to be (and it surely should…) then you’ll likely be most pleased with the setup at Camping at Hayfield.
This pop-up site is part of a family farm, and it’s run by people who are keen on travelling and exploring who know a thing or two about what makes for a fab place to stay. It’s all about splendid simplicity here: facilities are limited to just portaloos, so you can focus on the key elements of a peaceful stay (namely meeting the farm animals, checking out the gorgeous Lake District views and bonding over an evening by the barbecue or campfire…)
Look out from the pitches and you’ll see rural views all around, with footpaths easily accessible for when you fancy getting out to see a bit more. Handily it’s about a 20-minute stroll to the local pub, and an even shorter one to an ice cream parlour. For more foodie options (including pubs, takeaways and supermarkets), it’s a five-minute drive up to Ulverston.
A countryside site this may be, but as it’s not far from the A590 it’s also one that’s well placed for getting out and about. Some of the biggest sights in the Lake District National Park (including Windermere and Coniston Water) are about 20 minutes away by car, or you can get to Bardsea Beach or South Lakes Safari Zoo in about five minutes.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great views. Clean toilets. Washing up facilities. Basic site but …
Jamie - Louise N.Confirmed
Very clean site, owners really friendly and lots of little …
Excellent excellent excellent
Excellent grass site, clean loos and not far from South Lakes Zoo.
I would highly recommend this site to anyone i
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 12.2 miles
12.2 miles Bus Station — 12.2 miles
12.2 miles St Michaels Lane — 13.9 miles
- Train stations
Ulverston Rail Station
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Dalton Rail Station — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Askam Rail Station — 3.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Roa Island Ferry Landing
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Piel Island Ferry Landing — 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 8.9 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 58.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- South Lakes Safari Zoo: five minutes’ drive
- Bardsea (beach, stone circle and golf course): five minutes
- Laurel and Hardy Museum: five minutes
- National Trust - Sandscale Haws National Nature Reserve: 10 minutes
- Furness Abbey: 10 minutes
- Lakeland Motor Museum: 15 minutes
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway: 15 minutes
- Stott Park Bobbin Mill: 20 minutes
- Lakes Aquarium: 20 minutes
- Grizedale Forest (sculpture trail and Go Ape adventure park): half an hour.
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (2.4 miles)
- Holker Hall and Gardens (5.4 miles)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (7.9 miles)
- Dalton Castle (3.1 miles)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (6.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||3 p.m.|
Camping at Hayfield cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Camping at Hayfield will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkApple Pay
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Camping at Hayfield have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping at Hayfield dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping at Hayfield? Attractions and activities nearby include: - South Lakes Safari Zoo: five minutes’ drive - Bardsea (beach, stone circle and golf course): five minutes - Laurel and Hardy Museum: five minutes - National … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping at Hayfield?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m.