Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Pop-up wild campsite in the scenic Eden Valley
- A mile to Kirkby Stephen; 15 minutes' drive to Appleby-in-Westmorland
- Well-behaved dogs and campfires welcome
Hear that sound? It's the quiet murmur of the river Eden as it flows a few yards from your pitch at Eden Escapes, a wild-style farm site deep in the Cumbrian countryside.
This quiet open field is easily accessible from the road, is surrounded by rolling grassland and has sheep and cows for neighbours. It's a short amble away from the Eden river, where you can stop to swim, paddle and relax before heading into the historic market town of Kirkby Stephen a mile to the south. The pretty village of Winton is a similar distance away via local footpaths too and is home to a friendly local pub and kids' playground.
The views here are truly spectacular, with sweeping vistas over Wild Boar fell and, further to the north, the peaks of the Pennines. Eden Escapes is within reach of both, with day trips to the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District national parks also easily doable.
In terms of facilities, this is a simple spot with portaloo toilets and running water (please note it has no showers). The farm is a pretty laidback place to be – well-behaved dogs are welcome to join you here, barbecues are permitted and campfires are allowed in the designated areas.
Open from 28/05/2021 to 02/08/2021
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Owing to government regulations, groups of 7 or more people are not permitted.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 4 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 7.0m width x 7.0m depth (23.0ft width x 23.0ft depth) Calculated area: 49.0m² (527.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Beautiful clean child friendly site, couldnt fault it at all, …
Excellent site..beautiful,rural surroundings
Calm & quiet, relax site
Definitely worth staying here. It was amazing
Can't recommend enough!
Definitely recommend to all.
Comfortable pitch, Fantastic views, enough porta-loos for everyone's comfort and …
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
Kirkby Stephen: Market Square Coach Stop
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Brough (Cumbria): Bypass Coach Stop — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Barnard Castle: Galgate Coach Stop — 17.7 miles
- Train stations
Kirkby Stephen Rail Station
— 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Appleby Rail Station — 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Garsdale Rail Station — 11.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Pooley Bridge Ullswater Ferry Landing
— 20.7 miles
20.7 miles Howtown Ullswater Ferry Landing — 21.2 miles
21.2 miles Glenridding Ullswater Ferry Landing — 24.0 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 37.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Coast to Coast Walk: five minutes' drive
- Platform 3 Play (soft play centre): five minutes
- Brough Castle Ice Cream Parlour and Tearoom: five minutes
- Bessy Beck (fishing lakes): 15 minutes
- Appleby-in-Westmorland: 15 minutes
- Tan Hill Inn (highest pub in Britain): 25 minutes
- Kennedys Fine Chocolates (chocolate factory): 25 minutes
- Wensleydale Creamery: 30 minutes
- Lowther Castle: 40 minutes
- High Force Waterfall (13.0 miles)
- Barnard Castle (18.0 miles)
- The Bowes Museum (18.0 miles)
- Acorn Bank Garden and Watermill (14.7 miles)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (22.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Eden Escapes cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Eden Escapes will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Eden Escapes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Eden Escapes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Eden Escapes? Local attractions and activities include: - Coast to Coast Walk: five minutes' drive - Platform 3 Play (soft play centre): five minutes - Brough Castle Ice Cream Parlour and Tearoom: five minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Eden Escapes?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Eden Escapes? From £22 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability