This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up wild campsite in the scenic Eden Valley
- A mile to Kirkby Stephen; 15 minutes' drive to Appleby-in-Westmorland
- Well-behaved dogs welcome; firepit for every pitch
Hear that sound? It's the quiet murmur of the river Eden as it flows a few yards from your pitch at Eden Escapes, a wild-style farm site deep in the Cumbrian countryside.
This quiet open field is easily accessible from the road, is surrounded by rolling grassland and has sheep and cows for neighbours. It's a short amble away from the Eden river, where you can stop to swim, paddle and relax before heading into the historic market town of Kirkby Stephen a mile to the south. The pretty village of Winton is a similar distance away via local footpaths too and is home to a friendly local pub and kids' playground.
The views here are truly spectacular, with sweeping vistas over Wild Boar fell and, further to the north, the peaks of the Pennines. Eden Escapes is within reach of both, with day trips to the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District national parks also easily doable.
In terms of facilities, this is a simple spot with portaloo toilets and running water. The farm is a pretty laidback place to be – well-behaved dogs are welcome to join you here, barbecues are permitted and campfires are allowed in the designated areas.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Swimming in river on site, clean site, fire pits provided.
Excellent site with clean facilities and lovely place to swim
The camp site was lovely, we liked the site, the …
Excellent site, plenty of portaloos, very friendly and helpful staff
Lovely little pitch with river to paddle, throw stones and …
Loved everything.. Just back today had a great time. Christine …
Loved the stay! Will be returning next year
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
— 31.0 kilometres
31.0 kilometres Bus Station — 31.0 kilometres
31.0 kilometres Bus Station — 31.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Kirkby Stephen Rail Station
— 4.0 kilometres
4.0 kilometres Appleby Rail Station — 13.2 kilometres
13.2 kilometres Garsdale Rail Station — 18.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Pooley Bridge Ullswater Ferry Landing
— 33.4 kilometres
33.4 kilometres Howtown Ullswater Ferry Landing — 34.1 kilometres
34.1 kilometres Glenridding Ullswater Ferry Landing — 38.6 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 59.7 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Coast to Coast Walk: five minutes' drive
- Platform 3 Play (soft play centre): five minutes
- Brough Castle Ice Cream Parlour and Tearoom: five minutes
- Bessy Beck (fishing lakes): 15 minutes
- Appleby-in-Westmorland: 15 minutes
- Tan Hill Inn (highest pub in Britain): 25 minutes
- Kennedys Fine Chocolates (chocolate factory): 25 minutes
- Wensleydale Creamery: 30 minutes
- Lowther Castle: 40 minutes
- High Force Waterfall (20.9 kilometres)
- Barnard Castle (28.9 kilometres)
- The Bowes Museum (28.9 kilometres)
- Acorn Bank Garden and Watermill (23.6 kilometres)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (35.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Eden Escapes cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Eden Escapes will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Eden Escapes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Eden Escapes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Eden Escapes? Local attractions and activities include: - Coast to Coast Walk: five minutes' drive - Platform 3 Play (soft play centre): five minutes - Brough Castle Ice Cream Parlour and Tearoom: five minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Eden Escapes?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.