Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campsites and Holiday Parks in Spain
208 bookable sites in Spain
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Clean and quiet site on the Costa Brava
- Direct access to a spectacular sandy beach
- Excellent facilities including a swimming pool, restaurant and shop
Electric forest floor pitch (pinewood) 6 x From £28.87/€32.22/A$53.74/US$35.12/CA$49.18/CHF34.11/SEK339.33/DKK240.23/NOK351.19/ISK5,017/ARS2,393.74/CLP28,396/PEN120.45/$57.58/ZAR618.61/PLN145.44/R$194.23/CZK879.40/RSD3,788/HUF11,272.98/RUB2,515.81/CN¥250.43 per night Fully-serviced grass pitch 6 x From £33.44/€37.32/A$62.24/US$40.68/CA$56.96/CHF39.50/SEK393.05/DKK278.26/NOK406.78/ISK5,811/ARS2,772.64/CLP32,890/PEN139.51/$66.70/ZAR716.53/PLN168.46/R$224.97/CZK1,018.60/RSD4,388/HUF13,057.34/RUB2,914.03/CN¥290.07 per night
- Peaceful well-maintained park set inside a horse-riding centre
- A 10-minute drive to Utrera and 40 minutes to the centre of Seville
- Swimming pool; bar and restaurant open all day long
Nalani electric grass and sand pitch 6 x From £14.34/€16/A$26.68/US$17.44/CA$24.42/CHF16.94/SEK168.51/DKK119.30/NOK174.40/ISK2,491/ARS1,188.70/CLP14,101/PEN59.81/$28.59/ZAR307.19/PLN72.22/R$96.45/CZK436.70/RSD1,881/HUF5,598/RUB1,249.32/CN¥124.36 per night
- Well-maintained and secure site on the scenic Costa Blanca
- A 30-minute drive from Benidorm and an hour from Alicante
- Sandy beaches and watersports within a 10-minute walk
Electric gravel touring pitch 6 x From £8.96/€10/A$16.68/US$10.90/CA$15.26/CHF10.59/SEK105.32/DKK74.56/NOK109/ISK1,557/ARS742.94/CLP8,813/PEN37.38/$17.87/ZAR192/PLN45.14/R$60.28/CZK272.94/RSD1,176/HUF3,498.75/RUB780.82/CN¥77.72 per night Electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £8.96/€10/A$16.68/US$10.90/CA$15.26/CHF10.59/SEK105.32/DKK74.56/NOK109/ISK1,557/ARS742.94/CLP8,813/PEN37.38/$17.87/ZAR192/PLN45.14/R$60.28/CZK272.94/RSD1,176/HUF3,498.75/RUB780.82/CN¥77.72 per night Electric gravel touring pitch (large) 6 x From £10.75/€12/A$20.01/US$13.08/CA$18.32/CHF12.70/SEK126.38/DKK89.47/NOK130.80/ISK1,868/ARS891.52/CLP10,576/PEN44.86/$21.45/ZAR230.40/PLN54.17/R$72.34/CZK327.52/RSD1,411/HUF4,198.50/RUB936.99/CN¥93.27 per night
- Fully-serviced yurt glamping site with double beds and ravine views
- A five-minute drive to Chella and an hour to Valencia and Gandia
- Shared swimming pool, kitchen and outdoor deck; breakfast available
Yurt (two man) 2 x From £44.80/€50/A$83.39/US$54.50/CA$76.32/CHF52.93/SEK526.59/DKK372.80/NOK544.99/ISK7,785/ARS3,714.69/CLP44,065/PEN186.92/$89.36/ZAR959.98/PLN225.69/R$301.41/CZK1,364.68/RSD5,879/HUF17,493.76/RUB3,904.11/CN¥388.62 per night Yurt (four man) 4 x From £62.72/€70/A$116.74/US$76.30/CA$106.84/CHF74.10/SEK737.22/DKK521.92/NOK762.98/ISK10,899/ARS5,200.56/CLP61,691/PEN261.68/$125.10/ZAR1,343.98/PLN315.97/R$421.97/CZK1,910.56/RSD8,230/HUF24,491.27/RUB5,465.76/CN¥544.07 per night
- Scenic Catalan site five minutes’ walk from sandy Costa Brava beaches
- A 10-minute drive from Lloret de Mar and 30 minutes from Blanes
- Swimming pool, bar-restaurant, supermarket and free site-to-beach bus
Electric optional asphalt pitch 6 x From £22.40/€25/A$41.69/US$27.25/CA$38.16/CHF26.46/SEK263.29/DKK186.40/NOK272.49/ISK3,893/ARS1,857.34/CLP22,033/PEN93.46/$44.68/ZAR479.99/PLN112.85/R$150.70/CZK682.34/RSD2,939/HUF8,746.88/RUB1,952.06/CN¥194.31 per night Electric asphalt pitch (comfort) 6 x From £24.19/€27/A$45.03/US$29.43/CA$41.21/CHF28.58/SEK284.36/DKK201.31/NOK294.29/ISK4,204/ARS2,005.93/CLP23,795/PEN100.93/$48.25/ZAR518.39/PLN121.87/R$162.76/CZK736.93/RSD3,174/HUF9,446.63/RUB2,108.22/CN¥209.86 per night Fully-serviced asphalt pitch (XL) 8 x From £25.98/€29/A$48.37/US$31.61/CA$44.26/CHF30.70/SEK305.42/DKK216.22/NOK316.09/ISK4,515/ARS2,154.52/CLP25,558/PEN108.41/$51.83/ZAR556.79/PLN130.90/R$174.82/CZK791.52/RSD3,410/HUF10,146.38/RUB2,264.39/CN¥225.40 per night
- Site studded in palm trees with a Costa del Sol beachfront setting
- A 10-minute walk to Castillo de la Duquesa fishing village
- Two bars, swimming pool, shop, wifi and restaurant with a terrace
Electric gravel touring pitch (small) 6 x From £20.07/€22.40/A$37.36/US$24.42/CA$34.19/CHF23.71/SEK235.91/DKK167.01/NOK244.15/ISK3,488/ARS1,664.18/CLP19,741/PEN83.74/$40.03/ZAR430.07/PLN101.11/R$135.03/CZK611.38/RSD2,634/HUF7,837.21/RUB1,749.04/CN¥174.10 per night Electric gravel touring pitch 6 x From £22.22/€24.80/A$41.36/US$27.03/CA$37.85/CHF26.25/SEK261.19/DKK184.91/NOK270.31/ISK3,861/ARS1,842.48/CLP21,856/PEN92.71/$44.32/ZAR476.15/PLN111.94/R$149.50/CZK676.88/RSD2,916/HUF8,676.91/RUB1,936.44/CN¥192.76 per night
- Motorhome pitches dotted around olive groves with woodland surrounds
- A 20-minute drive to Cartagena and the Costa Cálida coast beaches
- Secure site with safety gate and CCTV; wifi and shop on site
Electric gravel touring pitch 4 x From £10.75/€12/A$20.01/US$13.08/CA$18.32/CHF12.70/SEK126.38/DKK89.47/NOK130.80/ISK1,868/ARS891.52/CLP10,576/PEN44.86/$21.45/ZAR230.40/PLN54.17/R$72.34/CZK327.52/RSD1,411/HUF4,198.50/RUB936.99/CN¥93.27 per night
- Scenic glampsite overlooking the Costa del Sol’s Fahala valley
- A 30-minute drive from Málaga and 40 minutes from Marbella
- Outdoor swimming pool, woodfired hot tub and orange trees on site
La Fresa 2 bedroom safari tent (six man) 6 x From £64.51/€72/A$120.08/US$78.48/CA$109.90/CHF76.21/SEK758.29/DKK536.83/NOK784.78/ISK11,211/ARS5,349.15/CLP63,454/PEN269.16/$128.67/ZAR1,382.38/PLN325/R$434.03/CZK1,965.14/RSD8,465/HUF25,191.02/RUB5,621.92/CN¥559.62 per night La Mora 3 bedroom safari tent (eight man) 8 x From £79.74/€89/A$148.43/US$97.01/CA$135.84/CHF94.21/SEK937.33/DKK663.58/NOK970.07/ISK13,858/ARS6,612.14/CLP78,436/PEN332.71/$159.05/ZAR1,708.77/PLN401.73/R$536.51/CZK2,429.14/RSD10,464/HUF31,138.90/RUB6,949.32/CN¥691.75 per night
- Quiet, family-friendly Huesca site with Sierra de Guara mountain views
- Numerous canyoning spots in the Sierra y Cañones de Guara Natural Park
- On-site bar and restaurant for mealtimes and takeaway snacks
Electric optional grass and earth motorhome pitch 6 x From £11.20/€12.50/A$20.85/US$13.63/CA$19.08/CHF13.23/SEK131.65/DKK93.20/NOK136.25/ISK1,946/ARS928.67/CLP11,016/PEN46.73/$22.34/ZAR240/PLN56.42/R$75.35/CZK341.17/RSD1,470/HUF4,373.44/RUB976.03/CN¥97.16 per night Electric optional grass and earth touring caravan pitch 6 x From £12.99/€14.50/A$24.18/US$15.81/CA$22.13/CHF15.35/SEK152.71/DKK108.11/NOK158.05/ISK2,258/ARS1,077.26/CLP12,779/PEN54.21/$25.91/ZAR278.40/PLN65.45/R$87.41/CZK395.76/RSD1,705/HUF5,073.19/RUB1,132.19/CN¥112.70 per night Electric optional grass and earth tent pitch 6 x From £13.44/€15/A$25.02/US$16.35/CA$22.90/CHF15.88/SEK157.98/DKK111.84/NOK163.50/ISK2,336/ARS1,114.41/CLP13,220/PEN56.07/$26.81/ZAR288/PLN67.71/R$90.42/CZK409.40/RSD1,764/HUF5,248.13/RUB1,171.23/CN¥116.59 per night
- Site set inside a wine region and the Hoces del Cabriel Natural Park
- On Venta del Moro town’s edges, a 15-minute drive from vineyards
- Bar, games room and restaurant; adventure tours organised by the site
Electric optional earth pitch 5 x From £21.50/€24/A$40.03/US$26.16/CA$36.63/CHF25.40/SEK252.76/DKK178.94/NOK261.59/ISK3,737/ARS1,783.05/CLP21,151/PEN89.72/$42.89/ZAR460.79/PLN108.33/R$144.68/CZK655.05/RSD2,822/HUF8,397.01/RUB1,873.97/CN¥186.54 per night 1 bedroom cabin 6 x From £53.76/€60/A$100.07/US$65.40/CA$91.58/CHF63.51/SEK631.91/DKK447.36/NOK653.98/ISK9,342/ARS4,457.62/CLP52,878/PEN224.30/$107.23/ZAR1,151.98/PLN270.83/R$361.69/CZK1,637.62/RSD7,054/HUF20,992.51/RUB4,684.94/CN¥466.35 per night
- Spectacularly scenic stays on a working organic farm in lush valley
- A 40-minute drive from Xàtiva and one hour from Valencia
- Swimming pool, mini bar, restaurant, food tastings and massages
Electric optional grass and gravel touring caravan pitch 6 x From £22.40/€25/A$41.69/US$27.25/CA$38.16/CHF26.46/SEK263.29/DKK186.40/NOK272.49/ISK3,893/ARS1,857.34/CLP22,033/PEN93.46/$44.68/ZAR479.99/PLN112.85/R$150.70/CZK682.34/RSD2,939/HUF8,746.88/RUB1,952.06/CN¥194.31 per night Electric optional grass and gravel motorhome pitch 6 x From £22.40/€25/A$41.69/US$27.25/CA$38.16/CHF26.46/SEK263.29/DKK186.40/NOK272.49/ISK3,893/ARS1,857.34/CLP22,033/PEN93.46/$44.68/ZAR479.99/PLN112.85/R$150.70/CZK682.34/RSD2,939/HUF8,746.88/RUB1,952.06/CN¥194.31 per night Electric optional grass and gravel tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x Bell tent 5 x From £85.12/€95/A$158.44/US$103.55/CA$145/CHF100.56/SEK1,000.52/DKK708.32/NOK1,035.47/ISK14,792/ARS7,057.90/CLP83,724/PEN355.14/$169.78/ZAR1,823.97/PLN428.82/R$572.68/CZK2,592.90/RSD11,169/HUF33,238.15/RUB7,417.81/CN¥738.39 per night
- Family-friendly site a kilometre from the small town of Cálig
- A 20-minute drive from Peñiscola and Costa de Azahar beaches
- Garden-filled site with bar, bike hire, outdoor pool and kids' pool
Electric optional gravel and sand pitch 6 x From £16.13/€18/A$30.02/US$19.62/CA$27.47/CHF19.05/SEK189.57/DKK134.21/NOK196.19/ISK2,803/ARS1,337.29/CLP15,863/PEN67.29/$32.17/ZAR345.59/PLN81.25/R$108.51/CZK491.29/RSD2,116/HUF6,297.75/RUB1,405.48/CN¥139.90 per night 2 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 6 x From £71.68/€80/A$133.42/US$87.20/CA$122.11/CHF84.68/SEK842.54/DKK596.48/NOK871.98/ISK12,456/ARS5,943.50/CLP70,504/PEN299.07/$142.97/ZAR1,535.97/PLN361.11/R$482.26/CZK2,183.49/RSD9,406/HUF27,990.02/RUB6,246.58/CN¥621.80 per night
- Off-grid site on a five-hectare olive farm in stunning countryside
- A 10-minute drive from Almonte and 25 from Doñana National Park
- Bike rental, meals available, terrace and communal lounge
Non-electric grass and earth pitch 2 x From £7.17/€8/A$13.34/US$8.72/CA$12.21/CHF8.47/SEK84.25/DKK59.65/NOK87.20/ISK1,246/ARS594.35/CLP7,050/PEN29.91/$14.30/ZAR153.60/PLN36.11/R$48.23/CZK218.35/RSD941/HUF2,799/RUB624.66/CN¥62.18 per night
- Sunny Costa de la Luz park in a pine forest, 40 mins' drive from Cádiz
- Within 10 minutes' drive of Conil de la Frontera and its six beaches
- Pool, multisports area and bar-restaurant
Electric optional grass pitch 4 x From £15.14/€16.90/A$28.19/US$18.42/CA$25.80/CHF17.89/SEK177.99/DKK126.01/NOK184.21/ISK2,631/ARS1,255.56/CLP14,894/PEN63.18/$30.20/ZAR324.47/PLN76.28/R$101.88/CZK461.26/RSD1,987/HUF5,912.89/RUB1,319.59/CN¥131.36 per night
- A 15-minute walk from the beach and 15 minutes' drive to Marbella
- Bar-restaurant with cosy snug/library, sofa, internet and fireplace
- Pools, sunbathing terrace, playground and traditional local meals
Electric earth pitch 5 x From £15.99/€17.85/A$29.77/US$19.46/CA$27.25/CHF18.89/SEK187.99/DKK133.09/NOK194.56/ISK2,779/ARS1,326.14/CLP15,731/PEN66.73/$31.90/ZAR342.71/PLN80.57/R$107.60/CZK487.19/RSD2,099/HUF6,245.27/RUB1,393.77/CN¥138.74 per night
- High up in the Alpujarras mountain range
- A short walk from the local town: one of the highest in Spain
- Pool, bar and restaurant
Electric optional grass and earth tent, trailer tent or touring caravan pitch unlimited x From £13.66/€15.25/A$25.43/US$16.62/CA$23.28/CHF16.14/SEK160.61/DKK113.70/NOK166.22/ISK2,374/ARS1,132.98/CLP13,440/PEN57.01/$27.25/ZAR292.80/PLN68.84/R$91.93/CZK416.23/RSD1,793/HUF5,335.60/RUB1,190.75/CN¥118.53 per night Electric optional mixed motorhome pitch unlimited x From £15.41/€17.20/A$28.69/US$18.75/CA$26.25/CHF18.21/SEK181.15/DKK128.24/NOK187.48/ISK2,678/ARS1,277.85/CLP15,158/PEN64.30/$30.74/ZAR330.23/PLN77.64/R$103.68/CZK469.45/RSD2,022/HUF6,017.85/RUB1,343.01/CN¥133.69 per night Chorrillo 1 bedroom microlodge 2 x From £27.78/€31/A$51.70/US$33.79/CA$47.32/CHF32.81/SEK326.49/DKK231.14/NOK337.89/ISK4,827/ARS2,303.11/CLP27,320/PEN115.89/$55.40/ZAR595.19/PLN139.93/R$186.87/CZK846.10/RSD3,645/HUF10,846.13/RUB2,420.55/CN¥240.95 per night Canadian microlodge (pet friendly) 2 x From £27.78/€31/A$51.70/US$33.79/CA$47.32/CHF32.81/SEK326.49/DKK231.14/NOK337.89/ISK4,827/ARS2,303.11/CLP27,320/PEN115.89/$55.40/ZAR595.19/PLN139.93/R$186.87/CZK846.10/RSD3,645/HUF10,846.13/RUB2,420.55/CN¥240.95 per night 1 bedroom lodge (pet friendly) 3 x From £40.32/€45/A$75.05/US$49.05/CA$68.69/CHF47.63/SEK473.93/DKK335.52/NOK490.49/ISK7,007/ARS3,343.22/CLP39,659/PEN168.22/$80.42/ZAR863.99/PLN203.12/R$271.27/CZK1,228.21/RSD5,291/HUF15,744.39/RUB3,513.70/CN¥349.76 per night Veleta lodge 4 x From £51.97/€58/A$96.73/US$63.22/CA$88.53/CHF61.39/SEK610.84/DKK432.45/NOK632.18/ISK9,031/ARS4,309.04/CLP51,116/PEN216.82/$103.65/ZAR1,113.58/PLN261.80/R$349.64/CZK1,583.03/RSD6,819/HUF20,292.76/RUB4,528.77/CN¥450.80 per night Peñabon 2 bedroom lodge 4 x From £59.13/€66/A$110.07/US$71.94/CA$100.74/CHF69.86/SEK695.10/DKK492.10/NOK719.38/ISK10,276/ARS4,903.39/CLP58,166/PEN246.73/$117.95/ZAR1,267.18/PLN297.91/R$397.86/CZK1,801.38/RSD7,760/HUF23,091.77/RUB5,153.43/CN¥512.98 per night Siete Lagunas 2 bedroom lodge 4 x From £59.13/€66/A$110.07/US$71.94/CA$100.74/CHF69.86/SEK695.10/DKK492.10/NOK719.38/ISK10,276/ARS4,903.39/CLP58,166/PEN246.73/$117.95/ZAR1,267.18/PLN297.91/R$397.86/CZK1,801.38/RSD7,760/HUF23,091.77/RUB5,153.43/CN¥512.98 per night
- Garden setting a five-minute drive from Orgiva village
- Easy access to the region's mining and olive tree walking routes
- Restaurant, snack bar and playground in spectacular mountain surrounds
Electric optional grass motorhome pitch 6 x From £8.47/€9.45/A$15.76/US$10.30/CA$14.42/CHF10/SEK99.53/DKK70.46/NOK103/ISK1,471/ARS702.08/CLP8,328/PEN35.33/$16.89/ZAR181.44/PLN42.66/R$56.97/CZK257.93/RSD1,111/HUF3,306.32/RUB737.88/CN¥73.45 per night Electric optional grass tent, trailer tent or touring caravan pitch 6 x From £9.61/€10.72/A$17.89/US$11.69/CA$16.37/CHF11.35/SEK112.95/DKK79.97/NOK116.90/ISK1,670/ARS796.80/CLP9,452/PEN40.09/$19.17/ZAR205.92/PLN48.41/R$64.65/CZK292.72/RSD1,261/HUF3,752.41/RUB837.43/CN¥83.36 per night
- Seaside Benidorm resort with a family vibe
- A short walk to Levante's white sandy beach
- Pool, padding pool, restaurant, bar and activities/theme nights
Electric optional asphalt pitch 6 x From £13.44/€15/A$25.02/US$16.35/CA$22.90/CHF15.88/SEK157.98/DKK111.84/NOK163.50/ISK2,336/ARS1,114.41/CLP13,220/PEN56.07/$26.81/ZAR288/PLN67.71/R$90.42/CZK409.40/RSD1,764/HUF5,248.13/RUB1,171.23/CN¥116.59 per night
- Half an hour from Benidorm and the Terra Mitica theme park
- Close to El Hondo Nature Park and the Sierra de Crevillente mountains
- Pool, paddling pool, solarium, Jacuzzi and restaurant
Fully-serviced gravel pitch 8 x From £21.06/€23.50/A$39.19/US$25.62/CA$35.87/CHF24.88/SEK247.50/DKK175.22/NOK256.14/ISK3,659/ARS1,745.90/CLP20,711/PEN87.85/$42/ZAR451.19/PLN106.08/R$141.66/CZK641.40/RSD2,763/HUF8,222.07/RUB1,834.93/CN¥182.65 per night
- Peaceful park 10 mins' drive from 17 kilometres of coast at Mojácar
- Sierra Cabrera peaks accessible within 20 minutes' drive
- Playground, plus bar with large terrace
Electric optional gravel pitch 4 x From £11.65/€13/A$21.68/US$14.17/CA$19.84/CHF13.76/SEK136.91/DKK96.93/NOK141.70/ISK2,024/ARS965.82/CLP11,457/PEN48.60/$23.23/ZAR249.60/PLN58.68/R$78.37/CZK354.82/RSD1,528/HUF4,548.38/RUB1,015.07/CN¥101.04 per night
Campsites in Spain: cool spots in a sunshine-soaked nation
Whether your preferred holiday mode is more on the fiesta or siesta side of the travelling spectrum, our holiday parks and campsites in Spain on Pitchup have exploring España sorted. This nation’s ace for an alfresco break as it has one of Europe’s warmest climates and a range of varied landscapes – expect buff beaches by the bucketload, mighty mountains to meander across and some seriously swish cities to boot while on a break here…
Why not join the other 35 million (extremely wise) holidaymakers who mosey around this country on an annual basis for the excellent wine, culture and architecture, all the while making one of these campsites in Spain your muybien base?
What can you get at a campsite in Spain?
At Pitchup, we have a selection of Spanish sites within easy reach of fantastic festivals – youthful folk will want to check out the world-renowned Benicàssim Festival, while those after adrenaline-fuelled activities can run with the bulls in Pamplona.
For folk seeking more sedate times, pick a pitch or other accommodation near golf courses, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and national parks in this nation, or peruse pitches and parks on fincas (farms) in the calm countryside.
Swerve over to sites skirting sandy beaches – whether secluded coves or long seaside stretches lined in buzzing bars, restaurants and watersports schools – and settle on a lounger with your sunglasses perched on your nose in front of the sea. Some parks have direct access to multiple beaches, so you can choose to have the sand to yourself or share it with the crowds.
Touring with the tiddlers? Select sites in Spain near amusement parks and zoos – there are plenty on the Costa del Sol, with masses of beaches, estuaries and sand dunes to amble among as well, if you’re after a family-friendly time. Hoping to organise a hol with friends? Get a group together for a grownup-themed trip wandering the wine routes in La Rioja.
Our campsites in Spain can be browsed by region, theme or type of accommodation, or you can check individual listings to see what’s on offer in the grounds and the surrounding area.
Facilities to pick from at our campsites in Spain
Taken by tapas? Look out for Spanish campsites with restaurants on base to help you get your mitts on moreish meals aplenty. Coastal camps tend to have a selection of seafood to salivate over – much of which will have been plucked out of the ocean and delivered fresh to your plate that same day.
If you’re on a budget during a break, check out cheap Spanish holiday parks with a private or shared kitchen and spend your spare euros on ingredients like jamon (ham) and sangria in the supermarkets; some parks also offer discounts in local restaurants and shops to help you keep costs low.
Coastal explores are a fab way to while away the days, but having aquatic amenities to drench yourself in on site is a treat too. If this sounds dreamy, browse campsites in Spain with swimming pools (as well as hot tubs for decadent dips).
Pointing your compass towards campsites in Spain with waterparks, whether big or small, is also a grand plan: southern destinations like the Costa del Sol get a whopping 320 days of sunshine per year, so it’s likely you’ll want somewhere to cool off while on a break here.
Some of the more unusual Spanish holiday parks to bed down in include those amid marshes with bird-viewing platforms (top for twitching types) and hideouts inside horse-riding centre (excellent for equestrian sorts) if you’re craving an alternative to your usual type of trip…
Campsites in Spain cover all sorts of destinations – here’s where to go
Urban explorers usually flock to the outskirts of famed cities like Madrid and Barcelona while camping in Spain– and for good reason. Madrid, as the capital, has a wealth of world-class museums and tip-top cuisine to select from, while Barcelona is sought after for its beach vibes and the modernist architecture of Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia basilica.
Other must-visit metropolises include the southern cities of Seville and Granada in Andalucia – don’t miss the multicoloured mosaic-covered Plaza de España in the former or the jaw-droppingly-ornate Alhambra palace in the latter.
The Costa Brava is littered with Blue Flag beaches that are prime for camping next to and, being in Catalonia, has a distinct cultural flavour compared with the rest of Spain. It’s also fab for foodies – there are more Michelin-starred restaurants to rove between in this region than in other parts of the country.
Ultra-modern Marbella is for monied movers and shakers – this swanky seaside resort draws in the yacht-owning jet-set sorts – while Benidorm and its beaches lined in multiple bars and restaurants catering to the mostly British crowds have a lively atmosphere.
The under-the-radar areas
Out in the north west, Galicia is a gorgeously green region with white-sand beaches that almost look like they’ve been imported from the Caribbean. Stay near Vigo for access to the clear turquoise waters of the Cíes isles – the only tell-tale sign that you’re not in the tropics will be from the chill of the Atlantic Ocean as you dive into the water.
Go north east next to another underrated area, Cantabria, to bound around the Bay of Biscay, criss-cross the hiking trails in the Picos de Europa National Park and seek out scenic caves like El Soplao with its strangely shaped stalactites.
Thinking of splashing out on some upscale accommodation during your European hol? Level up on luxury by having a look at our lush lodges in Spain.
What are the top sites in Spain?
- Càmping Playa Brava, Pals
- Alegre Camping, Utrera
- Mediterráneo Camper Area, Calpe
- Yurtas Pepita, Chella
- Camping Canyelles, Lloret de Mar
- Camping La Bella Vista, Alcorrín
- Los Olivos Camper Park, Cartagena
- Mariposa Libre, Cártama
- Camping Guara Altaoja, Bierge
- Camping Venta del Moro, Valencia
- How much does it cost to stay in Spain? Prices start at €8.00 ($14.30)/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Spain are open now? 189 See all sites in Spain open now
- What are the top destinations in Spain? See all destinations in Spain
- How many sites in Spain have an indoor swimming pool? 12 See all sites in Spain with an indoor swimming pool
- How many sites in Spain allow dogs? 191 See all dog-friendly sites in Spain