Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campgrounds, glamping sites and RV parks throughout the USA, Europe and South America.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campgrounds and RV Parks in Spain
207 bookable parks in Spain
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful riverside site among mountains in the middle of a forest
- Half an hour's drive from Las Médulas UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Fishing in the river and swimming in a shaded natural bathing pool
Primitive grass site 6 x From £17.93/€20/A$33.37/$21.81/CA$30.54/CHF21.18/SEK211.06/DKK149.18/NOK218.08/ISK3,115/ARS1,486.49/CLP17,633/PEN74.80/NZ$35.88/ZAR384.15/PLN90.31/R$120.61/CZK546.10/RSD2,352/HUF7,000.39/RUB1,562.29/CN¥155.51 per night Powered grass site 6 x From £22.41/€25/A$41.71/$27.26/CA$38.17/CHF26.48/SEK263.83/DKK186.48/NOK272.61/ISK3,894/ARS1,858.11/CLP22,042/PEN93.50/NZ$44.84/ZAR480.19/PLN112.89/R$150.77/CZK682.62/RSD2,941/HUF8,750.49/RUB1,952.86/CN¥194.39 per night 2 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 4 x From £54.68/€61/A$101.78/$66.52/CA$93.15/CHF64.61/SEK643.73/DKK455/NOK665.16/ISK9,502/ARS4,533.79/CLP53,782/PEN228.13/NZ$109.42/ZAR1,171.66/PLN275.46/R$367.87/CZK1,665.60/RSD7,175/HUF21,351.19/RUB4,764.98/CN¥474.32 per night 2 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow (five man) 5 x From £85.15/€95/A$158.50/$103.60/CA$145.06/CHF100.62/SEK1,002.54/DKK708.61/NOK1,035.90/ISK14,798/ARS7,060.81/CLP83,758/PEN355.29/NZ$170.41/ZAR1,824.72/PLN428.99/R$572.91/CZK2,593.97/RSD11,174/HUF33,251.85/RUB7,420.87/CN¥738.69 per night
- Family-friendly site within a 20-minute walk of the Costa Blanca
- Less than a five-minute drive to Los Tusales beach and its sand dunes
- Outdoor pool with slides; Jacuzzis; restaurant, bar and supermarket
FHU gravel and hardstanding site 6 x From £17.93/€20/A$33.37/$21.81/CA$30.54/CHF21.18/SEK211.06/DKK149.18/NOK218.08/ISK3,115/ARS1,486.49/CLP17,633/PEN74.80/NZ$35.88/ZAR384.15/PLN90.31/R$120.61/CZK546.10/RSD2,352/HUF7,000.39/RUB1,562.29/CN¥155.51 per night
- Quiet Costa Dorada site by the sea with direct beach access
- A short drive from PortAventura and the Ebro Delta Natural Park
- Seasonal swimming pools, playground, sports area and pizzeria
Powered asphalt site 5 x From £15.78/€17.60/A$29.36/$19.19/CA$26.87/CHF18.64/SEK185.73/DKK131.28/NOK191.91/ISK2,742/ARS1,308.11/CLP15,517/PEN65.82/NZ$31.57/ZAR338.05/PLN79.48/R$106.14/CZK480.57/RSD2,070/HUF6,160.34/RUB1,374.81/CN¥136.85 per night Powered asphalt site (superior) 6 x From £17.93/€20/A$33.37/$21.81/CA$30.54/CHF21.18/SEK211.06/DKK149.18/NOK218.08/ISK3,115/ARS1,486.49/CLP17,633/PEN74.80/NZ$35.88/ZAR384.15/PLN90.31/R$120.61/CZK546.10/RSD2,352/HUF7,000.39/RUB1,562.29/CN¥155.51 per night
- Steps away from the beach at Malgrat de Mar
- Pool with waterslides, paddling pool and playground
- Restaurant, bar and high season entertainment
3 bedroom rental tent 6 x From £30.48/€34/A$56.73/$37.08/CA$51.92/CHF36.01/SEK358.80/DKK253.61/NOK370.74/ISK5,296/ARS2,527.03/CLP29,977/PEN127.16/NZ$60.99/ZAR653.06/PLN153.53/R$205.04/CZK928.37/RSD3,999/HUF11,900.66/RUB2,655.89/CN¥264.37 per night Madera 2 bedroom lodge 5 x From £39.44/€44/A$73.41/$47.98/CA$67.19/CHF46.60/SEK464.33/DKK328.20/NOK479.79/ISK6,854/ARS3,270.27/CLP38,793/PEN164.55/NZ$78.93/ZAR845.13/PLN198.69/R$265.35/CZK1,201.42/RSD5,175/HUF15,400.86/RUB3,437.04/CN¥342.13 per night 3 bedroom mobile home (air conditioning, premium) 6 x From £61.85/€69/A$115.12/$75.24/CA$105.36/CHF73.08/SEK728.16/DKK514.68/NOK752.39/ISK10,748/ARS5,128.38/CLP60,835/PEN258.05/NZ$123.77/ZAR1,325.32/PLN311.58/R$416.12/CZK1,884.04/RSD8,116/HUF24,151.35/RUB5,389.90/CN¥536.52 per night
- Riverside site in the Catalan Pyrenees
- In the Val d'Aran with many outdoor activities nearby
- Pool, bar-restaurant, games room, TV room and bike rental
Power optional grass RV site 5 x From £19.36/€21.60/A$36.04/$23.55/CA$32.98/CHF22.88/SEK227.95/DKK161.12/NOK235.53/ISK3,365/ARS1,605.41/CLP19,044/PEN80.78/NZ$38.75/ZAR414.88/PLN97.54/R$130.26/CZK589.79/RSD2,541/HUF7,560.42/RUB1,687.27/CN¥167.96 per night Power optional grass tent, trailer tent or trailer site 5 x From £20.44/€22.80/A$38.04/$24.86/CA$34.81/CHF24.15/SEK240.61/DKK170.07/NOK248.62/ISK3,551/ARS1,694.60/CLP20,102/PEN85.27/NZ$40.90/ZAR437.93/PLN102.96/R$137.50/CZK622.55/RSD2,682/HUF7,980.44/RUB1,781.01/CN¥177.29 per night
- Peaceful rural site five minutes' drive from Campdevànol
- Lots of local hiking trails, including a half-hour waterfall walk
- Restaurant on site with home-grown veg and wood-fired bread oven
Power optional grass and earth site 4 x From £29.98/€33.45/A$55.81/$36.48/CA$51.08/CHF35.43/SEK353/DKK249.51/NOK364.75/ISK5,210/ARS2,486.15/CLP29,492/PEN125.10/NZ$60/ZAR642.49/PLN151.05/R$201.73/CZK913.35/RSD3,934/HUF11,708.15/RUB2,612.93/CN¥260.10 per night
- Well-maintained park with pitches lined by palms and cypress trees
- Around a five-minute walk to Xeraco beach and 20 mins’ drive to Gandia
- Bar/restaurant on the beach; pool; barbecues; dogs permitted
FHU gravel and hardstanding RV site 6 x From £12.10/€13.50/A$22.52/$14.72/CA$20.61/CHF14.30/SEK142.47/DKK100.70/NOK147.21/ISK2,103/ARS1,003.38/CLP11,903/PEN50.49/NZ$24.22/ZAR259.30/PLN60.96/R$81.41/CZK368.62/RSD1,588/HUF4,725.26/RUB1,054.55/CN¥104.97 per night
- Dog-friendly site just outside the resort of Santa Pola
- Next to a cycle path for easy trips to town or inland to Elche
- Beach, zoo, amusement park and skate park within 15 minutes' bike ride
Powered gravel trailer site 6 x From £8.96/€10/A$16.68/$10.90/CA$15.27/CHF10.59/SEK105.53/DKK74.59/NOK109.04/ISK1,558/ARS743.24/CLP8,817/PEN37.40/NZ$17.94/ZAR192.08/PLN45.16/R$60.31/CZK273.05/RSD1,176/HUF3,500.19/RUB781.14/CN¥77.76 per night Power optional gravel trailer site 6 x From £8.96/€10/A$16.68/$10.90/CA$15.27/CHF10.59/SEK105.53/DKK74.59/NOK109.04/ISK1,558/ARS743.24/CLP8,817/PEN37.40/NZ$17.94/ZAR192.08/PLN45.16/R$60.31/CZK273.05/RSD1,176/HUF3,500.19/RUB781.14/CN¥77.76 per night
- Fully-serviced yurt glamping site with double beds and ravine views
- A five-minute drive to Chella and an hour to Valencia and Gandia
- Shared swimming pool, kitchen and outdoor deck; breakfast available
Yurt (two man) 2 x From £44.82/€50/A$83.42/$54.52/CA$76.35/CHF52.96/SEK527.65/DKK372.95/NOK545.21/ISK7,788/ARS3,716.22/CLP44,083/PEN186.99/NZ$89.69/ZAR960.38/PLN225.79/R$301.53/CZK1,365.25/RSD5,881/HUF17,500.97/RUB3,905.72/CN¥388.78 per night Yurt (four man) 4 x From £62.74/€70/A$116.79/$76.33/CA$106.89/CHF74.14/SEK738.71/DKK522.14/NOK763.29/ISK10,904/ARS5,202.71/CLP61,717/PEN261.79/NZ$125.57/ZAR1,344.53/PLN316.10/R$422.15/CZK1,911.34/RSD8,233/HUF24,501.36/RUB5,468.01/CN¥544.30 per night
- Wildlife haven site in the Sierra de la Culebra
- On the banks of a river with spectacular views of Valparaiso reservoir
- Direct access to a beach; bar-restaurant terrace with beach views
Power optional grass and earth tent or trailer tent site 4 x From £21.42/€23.90/A$39.88/$26.06/CA$36.49/CHF25.31/SEK252.22/DKK178.27/NOK260.61/ISK3,723/ARS1,776.35/CLP21,072/PEN89.38/NZ$42.87/ZAR459.06/PLN107.93/R$144.13/CZK652.59/RSD2,811/HUF8,365.47/RUB1,866.94/CN¥185.84 per night Power optional grass and earth trailer site 4 x From £22.05/€24.60/A$41.04/$26.83/CA$37.56/CHF26.05/SEK259.60/DKK183.49/NOK268.24/ISK3,832/ARS1,828.38/CLP21,689/PEN92/NZ$44.13/ZAR472.51/PLN111.09/R$148.35/CZK671.70/RSD2,893/HUF8,610.48/RUB1,921.62/CN¥191.28 per night Power optional grass and earth RV site 4 x From £22.41/€25/A$41.71/$27.26/CA$38.17/CHF26.48/SEK263.83/DKK186.48/NOK272.61/ISK3,894/ARS1,858.11/CLP22,042/PEN93.50/NZ$44.84/ZAR480.19/PLN112.89/R$150.77/CZK682.62/RSD2,941/HUF8,750.49/RUB1,952.86/CN¥194.39 per night
- Scenic glampsite overlooking the Costa del Sol’s Fahala valley
- A 30-minute drive from Málaga and 40 minutes from Marbella
- Outdoor swimming pool, woodfired hot tub and orange trees on site
La Fresa 2 bedroom safari tent (six man) 6 x From £64.54/€72/A$120.13/$78.52/CA$109.94/CHF76.26/SEK759.82/DKK537.05/NOK785.10/ISK11,215/ARS5,351.35/CLP63,480/PEN269.27/NZ$129.15/ZAR1,382.95/PLN325.13/R$434.21/CZK1,965.95/RSD8,469/HUF25,201.40/RUB5,624.24/CN¥559.85 per night La Mora 3 bedroom safari tent (eight man) 8 x From £79.77/€89/A$148.49/$97.05/CA$135.90/CHF94.26/SEK939.22/DKK663.86/NOK970.47/ISK13,863/ARS6,614.87/CLP78,468/PEN332.85/NZ$159.65/ZAR1,709.48/PLN401.90/R$536.73/CZK2,430.14/RSD10,468/HUF31,151.74/RUB6,952.19/CN¥692.04 per night
- Motorhome pitches dotted around olive groves with woodland surrounds
- A 20-minute drive to Cartagena and the Costa Cálida coast beaches
- Secure site with safety gate and CCTV; wifi and shop on site
Powered gravel trailer site 4 x From £10.76/€12/A$20.02/$13.09/CA$18.32/CHF12.71/SEK126.64/DKK89.51/NOK130.85/ISK1,869/ARS891.89/CLP10,580/PEN44.88/NZ$21.53/ZAR230.49/PLN54.19/R$72.37/CZK327.66/RSD1,411/HUF4,200.23/RUB937.37/CN¥93.31 per night
- Family-friendly site a kilometre from the small town of Cálig
- A 20-minute drive from Peñiscola and Costa de Azahar beaches
- Garden-filled site with bar, bike hire, outdoor pool and kids' pool
Power optional gravel and sand site 6 x From £16.13/€18/A$30.03/$19.63/CA$27.49/CHF19.06/SEK189.95/DKK134.26/NOK196.28/ISK2,804/ARS1,337.84/CLP15,870/PEN67.32/NZ$32.29/ZAR345.74/PLN81.28/R$108.55/CZK491.49/RSD2,117/HUF6,300.35/RUB1,406.06/CN¥139.96 per night 2 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 6 x From £71.71/€80/A$133.48/$87.24/CA$122.16/CHF84.73/SEK844.24/DKK596.73/NOK872.34/ISK12,461/ARS5,945.95/CLP70,533/PEN299.19/NZ$143.50/ZAR1,536.61/PLN361.26/R$482.45/CZK2,184.39/RSD9,410/HUF28,001.56/RUB6,249.16/CN¥622.06 per night
- Spectacularly scenic stays on a working organic farm in lush valley
- A 40-minute drive from Xàtiva and one hour from Valencia
- Swimming pool, mini bar, restaurant, food tastings and massages
Power optional grass and gravel tent or trailer tent site 6 x From £22.41/€25/A$41.71/$27.26/CA$38.17/CHF26.48/SEK263.83/DKK186.48/NOK272.61/ISK3,894/ARS1,858.11/CLP22,042/PEN93.50/NZ$44.84/ZAR480.19/PLN112.89/R$150.77/CZK682.62/RSD2,941/HUF8,750.49/RUB1,952.86/CN¥194.39 per night Power optional grass and gravel trailer site 6 x Power optional grass and gravel RV site 6 x Bell tent 5 x From £85.15/€95/A$158.50/$103.60/CA$145.06/CHF100.62/SEK1,002.54/DKK708.61/NOK1,035.90/ISK14,798/ARS7,060.81/CLP83,758/PEN355.29/NZ$170.41/ZAR1,824.72/PLN428.99/R$572.91/CZK2,593.97/RSD11,174/HUF33,251.85/RUB7,420.87/CN¥738.69 per night
- Close to the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- Mountain setting and spectacular scenery, 300 metres from Viu de Linás
- Playground, mini market and bar-restaurant with terrace
Power optional grass RV site 6 x From £13.98/€15.60/A$26.03/$17.01/CA$23.82/CHF16.52/SEK164.63/DKK116.36/NOK170.11/ISK2,430/ARS1,159.46/CLP13,754/PEN58.34/NZ$27.98/ZAR299.64/PLN70.44/R$94.08/CZK425.96/RSD1,835/HUF5,460.30/RUB1,218.59/CN¥121.30 per night Power optional grass trailer site 6 x From £14.97/€16.70/A$27.86/$18.21/CA$25.50/CHF17.69/SEK176.24/DKK124.57/NOK182.10/ISK2,601/ARS1,241.22/CLP14,724/PEN62.46/NZ$29.96/ZAR320.77/PLN75.41/R$100.71/CZK455.99/RSD1,964/HUF5,845.33/RUB1,304.51/CN¥129.85 per night Power optional grass tent or trailer tent site 8 x From £14.97/€16.70/A$27.86/$18.21/CA$25.50/CHF17.69/SEK176.24/DKK124.57/NOK182.10/ISK2,601/ARS1,241.22/CLP14,724/PEN62.46/NZ$29.96/ZAR320.77/PLN75.41/R$100.71/CZK455.99/RSD1,964/HUF5,845.33/RUB1,304.51/CN¥129.85 per night 1 bedroom hotel or motel (twin) 2 x From £51.99/€58/A$96.77/$63.25/CA$88.56/CHF61.43/SEK612.08/DKK432.63/NOK632.44/ISK9,034/ARS4,310.81/CLP51,137/PEN216.91/NZ$104.04/ZAR1,114.04/PLN261.91/R$349.78/CZK1,583.68/RSD6,822/HUF20,301.13/RUB4,530.64/CN¥450.99 per night 1 bedroom lodge 4 x From £89.63/€100/A$166.85/$109.05/CA$152.70/CHF105.91/SEK1,055.30/DKK745.91/NOK1,090.42/ISK15,577/ARS7,432.44/CLP88,167/PEN373.99/NZ$179.38/ZAR1,920.76/PLN451.57/R$603.07/CZK2,730.49/RSD11,762/HUF35,001.95/RUB7,811.45/CN¥777.57 per night
- On the Costa Brava a short drive from Castell-Platja d'Aro
- Three kilometres from D'aro golf course
- Playground, 24-hour reception, bar and pool surrounded by a garden
Powered grass and earth site 10 x From £25.10/€28/A$46.72/$30.53/CA$42.76/CHF29.66/SEK295.48/DKK208.85/NOK305.32/ISK4,361/ARS2,081.08/CLP24,687/PEN104.72/NZ$50.23/ZAR537.81/PLN126.44/R$168.86/CZK764.54/RSD3,293/HUF9,800.55/RUB2,187.20/CN¥217.72 per night
- Quiet site in the middle of a pine forest, 600 metres from Navaleno
- Near many natural sites including the Rio Lobos canyon
- Restaurant, playground and big pool with waterslides
Powered grass site 6 x
- Spectacularly scenic riverside site in the Sierra Norte Natural Park
- Close to an 18-kilometre Vio Verde greenway for cycling and hiking
- On-site restaurant serving local cuisine and Andalusian wines
Primitive grass RV site 6 x From £14.34/€16/A$26.70/$17.45/CA$24.43/CHF16.95/SEK168.85/DKK119.35/NOK174.47/ISK2,492/ARS1,189.19/CLP14,107/PEN59.84/NZ$28.70/ZAR307.32/PLN72.25/R$96.49/CZK436.88/RSD1,882/HUF5,600.31/RUB1,249.83/CN¥124.41 per night Primitive grass tent or trailer tent site 6 x From £15.24/€17/A$28.36/$18.54/CA$25.96/CHF18.01/SEK179.40/DKK126.80/NOK185.37/ISK2,648/ARS1,263.51/CLP14,988/PEN63.58/NZ$30.49/ZAR326.53/PLN76.77/R$102.52/CZK464.18/RSD2,000/HUF5,950.33/RUB1,327.95/CN¥132.19 per night Primitive grass trailer site 6 x From £15.24/€17/A$28.36/$18.54/CA$25.96/CHF18.01/SEK179.40/DKK126.80/NOK185.37/ISK2,648/ARS1,263.51/CLP14,988/PEN63.58/NZ$30.49/ZAR326.53/PLN76.77/R$102.52/CZK464.18/RSD2,000/HUF5,950.33/RUB1,327.95/CN¥132.19 per night 1 bedroom apartment 3 x From £40.34/€45/A$75.08/$49.07/CA$68.71/CHF47.66/SEK474.89/DKK335.66/NOK490.69/ISK7,010/ARS3,344.60/CLP39,675/PEN168.29/NZ$80.72/ZAR864.34/PLN203.21/R$271.38/CZK1,228.72/RSD5,293/HUF15,750.88/RUB3,515.15/CN¥349.91 per night
- In the historic city of Tarifa a short stroll from the beach
- Pool, barbecue and play area
- On-site snack bar and well-stocked mini market
Power optional earth RV site 6 x From £12.10/€13.50/A$22.52/$14.72/CA$20.61/CHF14.30/SEK142.47/DKK100.70/NOK147.21/ISK2,103/ARS1,003.38/CLP11,903/PEN50.49/NZ$24.22/ZAR259.30/PLN60.96/R$81.41/CZK368.62/RSD1,588/HUF4,725.26/RUB1,054.55/CN¥104.97 per night Power optional grass tent or trailer tent site 6 x From £12.73/€14.20/A$23.69/$15.49/CA$21.68/CHF15.04/SEK149.85/DKK105.92/NOK154.84/ISK2,212/ARS1,055.41/CLP12,520/PEN53.11/NZ$25.47/ZAR272.75/PLN64.12/R$85.64/CZK387.73/RSD1,670/HUF4,970.28/RUB1,109.23/CN¥110.41 per night Power optional earth trailer site 6 x From £13/€14.50/A$24.19/$15.81/CA$22.14/CHF15.36/SEK153.02/DKK108.16/NOK158.11/ISK2,259/ARS1,077.70/CLP12,784/PEN54.23/NZ$26.01/ZAR278.51/PLN65.48/R$87.44/CZK395.92/RSD1,706/HUF5,075.28/RUB1,132.66/CN¥112.75 per night
- Quiet family-friendly site with direct access to the beach
- Explore without a car: bus stop just outside
- 15-minute walk to the pubs, restaurants and shops of Candás
Primitive grass tent site (backpacker, no cars) 2 x From £10.76/€12/A$20.02/$13.09/CA$18.32/CHF12.71/SEK126.64/DKK89.51/NOK130.85/ISK1,869/ARS891.89/CLP10,580/PEN44.88/NZ$21.53/ZAR230.49/PLN54.19/R$72.37/CZK327.66/RSD1,411/HUF4,200.23/RUB937.37/CN¥93.31 per night Primitive grass site 6 x From £15.69/€17.50/A$29.20/$19.08/CA$26.72/CHF18.53/SEK184.68/DKK130.53/NOK190.82/ISK2,726/ARS1,300.68/CLP15,429/PEN65.45/NZ$31.39/ZAR336.13/PLN79.02/R$105.54/CZK477.84/RSD2,058/HUF6,125.34/RUB1,367/CN¥136.07 per night Powered grass site 6 x From £17.03/€19/A$31.70/$20.72/CA$29.01/CHF20.12/SEK200.51/DKK141.72/NOK207.18/ISK2,960/ARS1,412.16/CLP16,752/PEN71.06/NZ$34.08/ZAR364.94/PLN85.80/R$114.58/CZK518.79/RSD2,235/HUF6,650.37/RUB1,484.17/CN¥147.74 per night
Campsites in Spain: cool spots in a sunshine-soaked nation
Whether your preferred holiday mode is more on the fiesta or siesta side of the travelling spectrum, our holiday parks and campsites in Spain on Pitchup have exploring España sorted. This nation’s ace for an alfresco break as it has one of Europe’s warmest climates and a range of varied landscapes – expect buff beaches by the bucketload, mighty mountains to meander across and some seriously swish cities to boot while on a break here…
Why not join the other 35 million (extremely wise) holidaymakers who mosey around this country on an annual basis for the excellent wine, culture and architecture, all the while making one of these campsites in Spain your muybien base?
What can you get at a campsite in Spain?
At Pitchup, we have a selection of Spanish sites within easy reach of fantastic festivals – youthful folk will want to check out the world-renowned Benicàssim Festival, while those after adrenaline-fuelled activities can run with the bulls in Pamplona.
For folk seeking more sedate times, pick a pitch or other accommodation near golf courses, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and national parks in this nation, or peruse pitches and parks on fincas (farms) in the calm countryside.
Swerve over to sites skirting sandy beaches – whether secluded coves or long seaside stretches lined in buzzing bars, restaurants and watersports schools – and settle on a lounger with your sunglasses perched on your nose in front of the sea. Some parks have direct access to multiple beaches, so you can choose to have the sand to yourself or share it with the crowds.
Touring with the tiddlers? Select sites in Spain near amusement parks and zoos – there are plenty on the Costa del Sol, with masses of beaches, estuaries and sand dunes to amble among as well, if you’re after a family-friendly time. Hoping to organise a hol with friends? Get a group together for a grownup-themed trip wandering the wine routes in La Rioja.
Our campsites in Spain can be browsed by region, theme or type of accommodation, or you can check individual listings to see what’s on offer in the grounds and the surrounding area.
Facilities to pick from at our campsites in Spain
Taken by tapas? Look out for Spanish campsites with restaurants on base to help you get your mitts on moreish meals aplenty. Coastal camps tend to have a selection of seafood to salivate over – much of which will have been plucked out of the ocean and delivered fresh to your plate that same day.
If you’re on a budget during a break, check out cheap Spanish holiday parks with a private or shared kitchen and spend your spare euros on ingredients like jamon (ham) and sangria in the supermarkets; some parks also offer discounts in local restaurants and shops to help you keep costs low.
Coastal explores are a fab way to while away the days, but having aquatic amenities to drench yourself in on site is a treat too. If this sounds dreamy, browse campsites in Spain with swimming pools (as well as hot tubs for decadent dips).
Pointing your compass towards campsites in Spain with waterparks, whether big or small, is also a grand plan: southern destinations like the Costa del Sol get a whopping 320 days of sunshine per year, so it’s likely you’ll want somewhere to cool off while on a break here.
Some of the more unusual Spanish holiday parks to bed down in include those amid marshes with bird-viewing platforms (top for twitching types) and hideouts inside horse-riding centre (excellent for equestrian sorts) if you’re craving an alternative to your usual type of trip…
Campsites in Spain cover all sorts of destinations – here’s where to go
Urban explorers usually flock to the outskirts of famed cities like Madrid and Barcelona while camping in Spain– and for good reason. Madrid, as the capital, has a wealth of world-class museums and tip-top cuisine to select from, while Barcelona is sought after for its beach vibes and the modernist architecture of Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia basilica.
Other must-visit metropolises include the southern cities of Seville and Granada in Andalucia – don’t miss the multicoloured mosaic-covered Plaza de España in the former or the jaw-droppingly-ornate Alhambra palace in the latter.
The Costa Brava is littered with Blue Flag beaches that are prime for camping next to and, being in Catalonia, has a distinct cultural flavour compared with the rest of Spain. It’s also fab for foodies – there are more Michelin-starred restaurants to rove between in this region than in other parts of the country.
Ultra-modern Marbella is for monied movers and shakers – this swanky seaside resort draws in the yacht-owning jet-set sorts – while Benidorm and its beaches lined in multiple bars and restaurants catering to the mostly British crowds have a lively atmosphere.
The under-the-radar areas
Out in the north west, Galicia is a gorgeously green region with white-sand beaches that almost look like they’ve been imported from the Caribbean. Stay near Vigo for access to the clear turquoise waters of the Cíes isles – the only tell-tale sign that you’re not in the tropics will be from the chill of the Atlantic Ocean as you dive into the water.
Go north east next to another underrated area, Cantabria, to bound around the Bay of Biscay, criss-cross the hiking trails in the Picos de Europa National Park and seek out scenic caves like El Soplao with its strangely shaped stalactites.
Thinking of splashing out on some upscale accommodation during your European hol? Level up on luxury by having a look at our lush lodges in Spain.
What are the top sites in Spain?
- Camping Valle do Seo, Trabadelo
- Alannia Guardamar, Guardamar del Segura
- Camping Ametlla, L'Ametlla de Mar
- Resort Els Pins, Malgrat de Mar
- Verneda Camping Mountain Resort, Arròs
- Càmping Molí Serradell, Campdevànol
- Xeraco Campers, Xeraco
- Camper Área Santa Pola, Santa Pola
- Yurtas Pepita, Chella
- Camping Los Molinos, Manzanal de Arriba
- How much does it cost to stay in Spain? Prices start at €8.00 ($8.72)/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Spain are open now? 188 See all sites in Spain open now
- What are the top destinations in Spain? See all destinations in Spain
- How many sites in Spain have an indoor swimming pool? 12 See all sites in Spain with an indoor swimming pool
- How many sites in Spain allow dogs? 190 See all dog-friendly sites in Spain