Campgrounds in Costa Rica
7 bookable campgrounds in Costa Rica
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Jungle stays on the banks of the Sarapiquí river
- Within five minutes of rainforest tours and biological reserves
- Restaurant, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, rappelling on site
Microlodge 2 x From £23.39/€26.16/A$39.14/$25/CA$34.48/CHF24.84/SEK286.24/DKK194.56/NOK273.45/ISK3,650/ARS3,664.01/CLP24,629/PEN98.99/NZ$44.67/ZAR453.31/PLN126.06/R$134.50/CZK645.73/RSD3,069/HUF10,759.91/RUB1,465.62/CN¥181.21 per night
- Eco-friendly tipis in jungle or beachside at Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Next to Playa Cocles beach; 20 minutes’ drive to Cahuita National Park
- Beachfront, with pool, restaurant and bar, surfing and yoga classes
Tipi 2 x From £13.06/€14.61/A$21.85/$13.96/CA$19.25/CHF13.87/SEK159.84/DKK108.64/NOK152.69/ISK2,038/ARS2,045.98/CLP13,753/PEN55.27/NZ$24.94/ZAR253.13/PLN70.39/R$75.11/CZK360.58/RSD1,714/HUF6,008.33/RUB818.40/CN¥101.19 per night
- Peaceful riverside site set in the famed volcanic region of Heredia
- Access to challenging hikes through rainforests and around volcanoes
- Bar, restaurant, gym, football pitch, TV room and barbecue
Anturio powered grass tent site 4 x From £23.39/€26.16/A$39.14/$25/CA$34.48/CHF24.84/SEK286.24/DKK194.56/NOK273.45/ISK3,650/ARS3,664.01/CLP24,629/PEN98.99/NZ$44.67/ZAR453.31/PLN126.06/R$134.50/CZK645.73/RSD3,069/HUF10,759.91/RUB1,465.62/CN¥181.21 per night Hortensias powered grass travel trailer site 4 x From £23.39/€26.16/A$39.14/$25/CA$34.48/CHF24.84/SEK286.24/DKK194.56/NOK273.45/ISK3,650/ARS3,664.01/CLP24,629/PEN98.99/NZ$44.67/ZAR453.31/PLN126.06/R$134.50/CZK645.73/RSD3,069/HUF10,759.91/RUB1,465.62/CN¥181.21 per night Paradise birds primitive grass site 4 x Pink 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £51.45/€57.55/A$86.10/$55/CA$75.86/CHF54.64/SEK629.72/DKK428.02/NOK601.59/ISK8,031/ARS8,060.83/CLP54,184/PEN217.77/NZ$98.27/ZAR997.28/PLN277.34/R$295.91/CZK1,420.61/RSD6,751/HUF23,671.80/RUB3,224.37/CN¥398.67 per night
- Beachfront spot 15 minutes’ walk from Pavones Point
- Well-based for surfing the left-point wave, fishing and horse riding
- Dog-friendly; barbecue, cooking stove and seasonal fruits and plants
Primitive grass and earth tent site 4 x From £9.35/€10.46/A$15.65/$10/CA$13.79/CHF9.93/SEK114.50/DKK77.82/NOK109.38/ISK1,460/ARS1,465.60/CLP9,852/PEN39.59/NZ$17.87/ZAR181.32/PLN50.42/R$53.80/CZK258.29/RSD1,227/HUF4,303.96/RUB586.25/CN¥72.49 per night Primitive grass and earth tent site (shaded) 4 x
- Private and secure family-friendly site in scenic Alajuela
- A 35-minute drive from the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Paradise for hikers and bikers: two national parks within easy reach
Powered grass site 5 x From £9.35/€10.46/A$15.65/$10/CA$13.79/CHF9.93/SEK114.50/DKK77.82/NOK109.38/ISK1,460/ARS1,465.60/CLP9,852/PEN39.59/NZ$17.87/ZAR181.32/PLN50.42/R$53.80/CZK258.29/RSD1,227/HUF4,303.96/RUB586.25/CN¥72.49 per night
- Chilled-out Costa Rica site with volcano views in an agricultural town
- A 10-minute drive to Arenal Volcano; five minutes to hot springs
- Swimming pool; on-site café and bar; co-working space; shared firepit
Tipi 2 x From £53.59/€59.95/A$89.68/$57.29/CA$79.02/CHF56.91/SEK655.94/DKK445.84/NOK626.64/ISK8,365/ARS8,396.45/CLP56,440/PEN226.83/NZ$102.36/ZAR1,038.80/PLN288.88/R$308.23/CZK1,479.76/RSD7,032/HUF24,657.41/RUB3,358.62/CN¥415.27 per night
- Laidback seafront units right in front of the beach in Jaco
- A 10-minute drive to Playa Hermosa; 20 mins to Carara National Park
- Swimming pool, beachfront bar, massages and co-work space
Cylinder microlodge 2 x From £54.71/€61.19/A$91.55/$58.48/CA$80.66/CHF58.10/SEK669.57/DKK455.10/NOK639.65/ISK8,539/ARS8,570.86/CLP57,612/PEN231.55/NZ$104.49/ZAR1,060.38/PLN294.88/R$314.63/CZK1,510.50/RSD7,178/HUF25,169.58/RUB3,428.38/CN¥423.90 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the parks that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
It's cutely compact, so you should be able to traverse a great deal of the land while camping in Costa Rica: adventures like rainforest trekking, volcano hiking, mountain biking, wild river rafting and jungle ziplining are all easily up for grabs from here – along with the surfing hotspots, spectacular scuba diving and bright white sands of nearly 300 Caribbean and Pacific beaches.
Only around the size of the state of West Virginia way up north or Denmark across the pond way over east, Costa Rica is still a well-established record breaker, the most visited country in Central America and named twice (so far) as the happiest place on all the earth. It's also firmly eco friendly and has more land covered by national parks and protected areas (nearly a quarter) than anywhere else in the world: see how much you can get round it on one trip.
So sí, you'll find a wildlife haven around pretty much any Costa Rica campsite, with about five per cent of all species in the world living among the country's mountains, rainforest, coast and rivers. Take a Costa Rica wildlife tour to spy colourful inhabitants like tropical butterflies and jungle frogs, sleek big cats like pumas and jaguars, and almost 900 species of bird including scarlet macaws, bright quetzals and teeny hummingbirds – this is a land you'll want to stay in for keeps.