Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campgrounds, glamping sites and RV parks throughout the USA, Europe and South America.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campgrounds and RV Parks in Costa Rica
6 bookable parks in Costa Rica
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Yoga retreat set amid 250 acres of pristine, wildlife-rich rainforest
- A 20-minute drive from Chiquita beach and Cahuita National Park
- Restaurant, lounge area and wellness spa with massages and a whirlpool
1 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 3 x From £80.08/€88.78/A$144.45/US$100/$136.10/CHF94.59/SEK929.75/DKK661.56/NOK949.43/ISK13,832/ARS7,052.63/CLP80,860/PEN352.71/NZ$153.90/ZAR1,703.48/PLN397.42/R$531.77/CZK2,361.66/RSD10,438/HUF31,311.42/RUB7,065.05/CN¥706.50 per night
- Peaceful riverside site set in the famed volcanic region of Heredia
- Access to challenging hikes through rainforests and around volcanoes
- Bar, restaurant, gym, football pitch, TV room and barbecue
Hortensias powered grass trailer site 4 x From £20.02/€22.20/A$36.11/US$25/$34.02/CHF23.65/SEK232.44/DKK165.39/NOK237.36/ISK3,458/ARS1,763.16/CLP20,215/PEN88.18/NZ$38.48/ZAR425.87/PLN99.36/R$132.94/CZK590.41/RSD2,609/HUF7,827.86/RUB1,766.26/CN¥176.63 per night Anturio powered grass tent site 4 x From £20.02/€22.20/A$36.11/US$25/$34.02/CHF23.65/SEK232.44/DKK165.39/NOK237.36/ISK3,458/ARS1,763.16/CLP20,215/PEN88.18/NZ$38.48/ZAR425.87/PLN99.36/R$132.94/CZK590.41/RSD2,609/HUF7,827.86/RUB1,766.26/CN¥176.63 per night Paradise birds primitive grass site 4 x From £20.02/€22.20/A$36.11/US$25/$34.02/CHF23.65/SEK232.44/DKK165.39/NOK237.36/ISK3,458/ARS1,763.16/CLP20,215/PEN88.18/NZ$38.48/ZAR425.87/PLN99.36/R$132.94/CZK590.41/RSD2,609/HUF7,827.86/RUB1,766.26/CN¥176.63 per night Pink 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £44.04/€48.83/A$79.45/US$55/$74.85/CHF52.02/SEK511.36/DKK363.86/NOK522.19/ISK7,608/ARS3,878.95/CLP44,473/PEN193.99/NZ$84.65/ZAR936.91/PLN218.58/R$292.47/CZK1,298.91/RSD5,741/HUF17,221.28/RUB3,885.78/CN¥388.58 per night
- Private and secure family-friendly site in scenic Alajuela
- A 35-minute drive from the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Paradise for hikers and bikers: two national parks within easy reach
Powered grass site 5 x From £8.01/€8.88/A$14.45/US$10/$13.61/CHF9.46/SEK92.97/DKK66.16/NOK94.94/ISK1,383/ARS705.26/CLP8,086/PEN35.27/NZ$15.39/ZAR170.35/PLN39.74/R$53.18/CZK236.17/RSD1,044/HUF3,131.14/RUB706.51/CN¥70.65 per night
- Friendly, laidback site on 1.5 hectares of tropical rainforest
- Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants of Puerto Jiménez
- Swimming pool, well-equipped communal kitchen and bar on site
Bunkhouse (shared) 6 x No availability on our site Rental tent (two man) 2 x From £17.95/€19.90/A$32.39/US$22.42/$30.51/CHF21.21/SEK208.45/DKK148.32/NOK212.86/ISK3,101/ARS1,581.20/CLP18,129/PEN79.08/NZ$34.50/ZAR381.92/PLN89.10/R$119.22/CZK529.48/RSD2,340/HUF7,020.02/RUB1,583.98/CN¥158.40 per night Rental tent (four man) 4 x From £24.57/€27.24/A$44.32/US$30.68/$41.76/CHF29.02/SEK285.25/DKK202.97/NOK291.29/ISK4,244/ARS2,163.75/CLP24,808/PEN108.21/NZ$47.22/ZAR522.63/PLN121.93/R$163.15/CZK724.56/RSD3,202/HUF9,606.34/RUB2,167.56/CN¥216.75 per night Rental tent (six man) 6 x From £29.29/€32.48/A$52.84/US$36.58/$49.79/CHF34.60/SEK340.10/DKK242/NOK347.30/ISK5,060/ARS2,579.85/CLP29,579/PEN129.02/NZ$56.30/ZAR623.13/PLN145.38/R$194.52/CZK863.90/RSD3,818/HUF11,453.72/RUB2,584.40/CN¥258.44 per night Rental tent (eight man) 8 x From £41.60/€46.12/A$75.04/US$51.95/$70.70/CHF49.14/SEK483/DKK343.68/NOK493.23/ISK7,186/ARS3,663.84/CLP42,007/PEN183.23/NZ$79.95/ZAR884.96/PLN206.46/R$276.25/CZK1,226.88/RSD5,422/HUF16,266.28/RUB3,670.29/CN¥367.03 per night
- Simple and peaceful site with beach, freshwater creeks and mangroves
- A 20-minute drive from the wildlife of the Corcovado National Park
- Puerto Jiménez beaches, bars and watersports 20 minutes away
Primitive grass and earth trailer site 4 x From £16.02/€17.76/A$28.89/US$20/$27.22/CHF18.92/SEK185.95/DKK132.31/NOK189.89/ISK2,766/ARS1,410.53/CLP16,172/PEN70.54/NZ$30.78/ZAR340.70/PLN79.48/R$106.35/CZK472.33/RSD2,088/HUF6,262.28/RUB1,413.01/CN¥141.30 per night Primitive grass and earth tent site 4 x From £19.22/€21.31/A$34.67/US$24/$32.66/CHF22.70/SEK223.14/DKK158.77/NOK227.86/ISK3,320/ARS1,692.63/CLP19,406/PEN84.65/NZ$36.94/ZAR408.83/PLN95.38/R$127.62/CZK566.80/RSD2,505/HUF7,514.74/RUB1,695.61/CN¥169.56 per night Rental tent 4 x From £27.23/€30.19/A$49.11/US$34/$46.27/CHF32.16/SEK316.11/DKK224.93/NOK322.81/ISK4,703/ARS2,397.89/CLP27,492/PEN119.92/NZ$52.33/ZAR579.18/PLN135.12/R$180.80/CZK802.96/RSD3,549/HUF10,645.88/RUB2,402.12/CN¥240.21 per night
- Small, peaceful site on the banks of the Agujas River
- A 15-minute drive to Puerto Jiménez; small beach a short walk away
- On the edge of the Corcovado National Park; lots of wildlife on site
Primitive gravel and earth tent site 4 x From £8.01/€8.88/A$14.45/US$10/$13.61/CHF9.46/SEK92.97/DKK66.16/NOK94.94/ISK1,383/ARS705.26/CLP8,086/PEN35.27/NZ$15.39/ZAR170.35/PLN39.74/R$53.18/CZK236.17/RSD1,044/HUF3,131.14/RUB706.51/CN¥70.65 per night Rental tent 3 x From £16.02/€17.76/A$28.89/US$20/$27.22/CHF18.92/SEK185.95/DKK132.31/NOK189.89/ISK2,766/ARS1,410.53/CLP16,172/PEN70.54/NZ$30.78/ZAR340.70/PLN79.48/R$106.35/CZK472.33/RSD2,088/HUF6,262.28/RUB1,413.01/CN¥141.30 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the parks that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
It's cutely compact, so you should be able to traverse a great deal of the land while camping in Costa Rica: adventures like rainforest trekking, volcano hiking, mountain biking, wild river rafting and jungle ziplining are all easily up for grabs from here – along with the surfing hotspots, spectacular scuba diving and bright white sands of nearly 300 Caribbean and Pacific beaches.
Only around the size of the state of West Virginia way up north or Denmark across the pond way over east, Costa Rica is still a well-established record breaker, the most visited country in Central America and named twice (so far) as the happiest place on all the earth. It's also firmly eco friendly and has more land covered by national parks and protected areas (nearly a quarter) than anywhere else in the world: see how much you can get round it on one trip.
So sí, you'll find a wildlife haven around pretty much any Costa Rica campsite, with about five per cent of all species in the world living among the country's mountains, rainforest, coast and rivers. Take a Costa Rica wildlife tour to spy colourful inhabitants like tropical butterflies and jungle frogs, sleek big cats like pumas and jaguars, and almost 900 species of bird including scarlet macaws, bright quetzals and teeny hummingbirds – this is a land you'll want to stay in for keeps.
- What are the top sites in Costa Rica?
- How much does it cost to stay in Costa Rica? Prices start at US$10.00 ($13.61)/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Costa Rica are open now? 5 See all sites in Costa Rica open now
- What are the top destinations in Costa Rica? See all destinations in Costa Rica
- How many sites in Costa Rica allow dogs? 2 See all dog-friendly sites in Costa Rica