Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campsites and Holiday Parks in Costa Rica
5 bookable sites in Costa Rica
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Yoga retreat set amid 250 acres of pristine, wildlife-rich rainforest
- A 20-minute drive from Chiquita beach and Cahuita National Park
- Restaurant, lounge area and wellness spa with massages and a whirlpool
1 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 3 x From £72.95/€84.03/A$131.19/US$100/CA$125.30/CHF92.45/SEK853.94/DKK624.95/NOK850.55/ISK12,745/ARS9,216.97/CLP71,398/PEN362.65/$142.18/ZAR1,462.01/PLN381.84/R$569.26/CZK2,185.82/RSD9,880/HUF30,043.20/RUB7,741/CN¥655.30 per night
- Peaceful riverside site set in the famed volcanic region of Heredia
- Access to challenging hikes through rainforests and around volcanoes
- Bar, restaurant, gym, football pitch, TV room and barbecue
Anturio electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £18.24/€21.01/A$32.80/US$25/CA$31.32/CHF23.11/SEK213.49/DKK156.24/NOK212.64/ISK3,186/ARS2,304.24/CLP17,849/PEN90.66/$35.54/ZAR365.50/PLN95.46/R$142.32/CZK546.46/RSD2,470/HUF7,510.80/RUB1,935.25/CN¥163.82 per night Hortensias electric grass touring caravan pitch 4 x From £18.24/€21.01/A$32.80/US$25/CA$31.32/CHF23.11/SEK213.49/DKK156.24/NOK212.64/ISK3,186/ARS2,304.24/CLP17,849/PEN90.66/$35.54/ZAR365.50/PLN95.46/R$142.32/CZK546.46/RSD2,470/HUF7,510.80/RUB1,935.25/CN¥163.82 per night Paradise birds non-electric grass pitch 4 x From £18.24/€21.01/A$32.80/US$25/CA$31.32/CHF23.11/SEK213.49/DKK156.24/NOK212.64/ISK3,186/ARS2,304.24/CLP17,849/PEN90.66/$35.54/ZAR365.50/PLN95.46/R$142.32/CZK546.46/RSD2,470/HUF7,510.80/RUB1,935.25/CN¥163.82 per night Pink 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £40.12/€46.22/A$72.16/US$55/CA$68.91/CHF50.85/SEK469.67/DKK343.72/NOK467.81/ISK7,010/ARS5,069.33/CLP39,269/PEN199.46/$78.20/ZAR804.10/PLN210.01/R$313.09/CZK1,202.20/RSD5,434/HUF16,523.76/RUB4,257.55/CN¥360.41 per night
- Private and secure family-friendly site in scenic Alajuela
- A 35-minute drive from the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Paradise for hikers and bikers: two national parks within easy reach
Electric grass pitch 5 x From £7.29/€8.40/A$13.12/US$10/CA$12.53/CHF9.24/SEK85.39/DKK62.49/NOK85.06/ISK1,274/ARS921.70/CLP7,140/PEN36.27/$14.22/ZAR146.20/PLN38.18/R$56.93/CZK218.58/RSD988/HUF3,004.32/RUB774.10/CN¥65.53 per night
- Friendly, laidback site in four acres of tropical gardens
- Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants of Puerto Jiménez
- Well-equipped communal kitchen and bar on site
Non-electric gravel and earth tent pitch (solo) 1 x From £10.94/€12.60/A$19.68/US$15/CA$18.79/CHF13.87/SEK128.09/DKK93.74/NOK127.58/ISK1,912/ARS1,382.55/CLP10,710/PEN54.40/$21.33/ZAR219.30/PLN57.28/R$85.39/CZK327.87/RSD1,482/HUF4,506.48/RUB1,161.15/CN¥98.29 per night Non-electric gravel and earth tent pitch 8 x From £14.59/€16.81/A$26.24/US$20/CA$25.06/CHF18.49/SEK170.79/DKK124.99/NOK170.11/ISK2,549/ARS1,843.39/CLP14,280/PEN72.53/$28.44/ZAR292.40/PLN76.37/R$113.85/CZK437.16/RSD1,976/HUF6,008.64/RUB1,548.20/CN¥131.06 per night Non-electric gravel and hardstanding motorhome pitch 2 x Non-electric gravel and hardstanding touring caravan pitch 2 x Rental tent (two man) 2 x Rental tent (four man) 4 x From £28.45/€32.77/A$51.17/US$39/CA$48.87/CHF36.06/SEK333.04/DKK243.73/NOK331.72/ISK4,971/ARS3,594.62/CLP27,845/PEN141.43/$55.45/ZAR570.18/PLN148.92/R$222.01/CZK852.47/RSD3,853/HUF11,716.85/RUB3,018.99/CN¥255.57 per night Rental tent (eight man) 8 x From £43.04/€49.58/A$77.40/US$59/CA$73.92/CHF54.55/SEK503.83/DKK368.72/NOK501.83/ISK7,520/ARS5,438.01/CLP42,125/PEN213.96/$83.89/ZAR862.59/PLN225.29/R$335.86/CZK1,289.63/RSD5,829/HUF17,725.49/RUB4,567.19/CN¥386.63 per night
- Jungle stays on the banks of the Sarapiquí river
- Within five minutes of rainforest tours and biological reserves
- Restaurant, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, rappelling on site
Non-electric earth tent pitch 2 x From £10.94/€12.60/A$19.68/US$15/CA$18.79/CHF13.87/SEK128.09/DKK93.74/NOK127.58/ISK1,912/ARS1,382.55/CLP10,710/PEN54.40/$21.33/ZAR219.30/PLN57.28/R$85.39/CZK327.87/RSD1,482/HUF4,506.48/RUB1,161.15/CN¥98.29 per night Rental tent 2 x 1 bedroom hotel or motel (family) 5 x From £21.88/€25.21/A$39.36/US$30/CA$37.59/CHF27.73/SEK256.18/DKK187.48/NOK255.17/ISK3,824/ARS2,765.09/CLP21,419/PEN108.80/$42.65/ZAR438.60/PLN114.55/R$170.78/CZK655.75/RSD2,964/HUF9,012.96/RUB2,322.30/CN¥196.59 per night
Let us help you find more search results…
Want to see more? We're only showing the sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
It's cutely compact, so you should be able to traverse a great deal of the land while camping in Costa Rica: adventures like rainforest trekking, volcano hiking, mountain biking, wild river rafting and jungle ziplining are all easily up for grabs from here – along with the surfing hotspots, spectacular scuba diving and bright white sands of nearly 300 Caribbean and Pacific beaches.
Only around the size of the state of West Virginia way up north or Denmark across the pond way over east, Costa Rica is still a well-established record breaker, the most visited country in Central America and named twice (so far) as the happiest place on all the earth. It's also firmly eco friendly and has more land covered by national parks and protected areas (nearly a quarter) than anywhere else in the world: see how much you can get round it on one trip.
So sí, you'll find a wildlife haven around pretty much any Costa Rica campsite, with about five per cent of all species in the world living among the country's mountains, rainforest, coast and rivers. Take a Costa Rica wildlife tour to spy colourful inhabitants like tropical butterflies and jungle frogs, sleek big cats like pumas and jaguars, and almost 900 species of bird including scarlet macaws, bright quetzals and teeny hummingbirds – this is a land you'll want to stay in for keeps.