Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Campsites and Holiday Parks in Costa Rica
6 bookable sites in Costa Rica
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful riverside site set in the famed volcanic region of Heredia
- Access to challenging hikes through rainforests and around volcanoes
- Bar, restaurant, gym, football pitch, TV room and barbecue
Hortensias electric grass touring caravan pitch 4 x From £19,15/€21,17/A$34,96/US$25/CA$33,07/CHF22,76/SEK217,35/DKK157,69/NOK222,31/ISK3 410/ARS1 826,17/CLP19 838/PEN89,43/NZ$38,25/R435,92/PLN93,04/R$134,21/CZK553,14/RSD2 489/HUF7 305,02/RUB1 823,86/CN¥173,59 per night Anturio electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £19,15/€21,17/A$34,96/US$25/CA$33,07/CHF22,76/SEK217,35/DKK157,69/NOK222,31/ISK3 410/ARS1 826,17/CLP19 838/PEN89,43/NZ$38,25/R435,92/PLN93,04/R$134,21/CZK553,14/RSD2 489/HUF7 305,02/RUB1 823,86/CN¥173,59 per night Paradise birds non-electric grass pitch 4 x From £19,15/€21,17/A$34,96/US$25/CA$33,07/CHF22,76/SEK217,35/DKK157,69/NOK222,31/ISK3 410/ARS1 826,17/CLP19 838/PEN89,43/NZ$38,25/R435,92/PLN93,04/R$134,21/CZK553,14/RSD2 489/HUF7 305,02/RUB1 823,86/CN¥173,59 per night Pink 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £42,12/€46,58/A$76,92/US$55/CA$72,75/CHF50,06/SEK478,16/DKK346,92/NOK489,08/ISK7 503/ARS4 017,57/CLP43 642/PEN196,75/NZ$84,16/R959,02/PLN204,69/R$295,27/CZK1 216,90/RSD5 476/HUF16 071,04/RUB4 012,48/CN¥381,90 per night
- Private and secure family-friendly site in scenic Alajuela
- A 35-minute drive from the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Paradise for hikers and bikers: two national parks within easy reach
Electric grass pitch 5 x From £7,66/€8,47/A$13,99/US$10/CA$13,23/CHF9,10/SEK86,94/DKK63,08/NOK88,92/ISK1 364/ARS730,47/CLP7 935/PEN35,77/NZ$15,30/R174,37/PLN37,22/R$53,69/CZK221,26/RSD996/HUF2 922,01/RUB729,54/CN¥69,44 per night
- Friendly, laidback site on 1.5 hectares of tropical rainforest
- Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants of Puerto Jiménez
- Swimming pool, well-equipped communal kitchen and bar on site
Bunkhouse (shared) 6 x No availability on our site Rental tent (two man) 2 x From £17,17/€18,99/A$31,36/US$22,42/CA$29,66/CHF20,41/SEK194,92/DKK141,42/NOK199,37/ISK3 059/ARS1 637,71/CLP17 790/PEN80,20/NZ$34,31/R390,93/PLN83,44/R$120,36/CZK496,05/RSD2 232/HUF6 551,14/RUB1 635,63/CN¥155,68 per night Rental tent (four man) 4 x From £23,50/€25,98/A$42,91/US$30,68/CA$40,58/CHF27,93/SEK266,73/DKK193,52/NOK272,82/ISK4 185/ARS2 241,07/CLP24 345/PEN109,75/NZ$46,95/R534,96/PLN114,18/R$164,71/CZK678,81/RSD3 055/HUF8 964,72/RUB2 238,24/CN¥213,03 per night Rental tent (six man) 6 x From £28,02/€30,98/A$51,16/US$36,58/CA$48,39/CHF33,30/SEK318,02/DKK230,73/NOK325,28/ISK4 990/ARS2 672,05/CLP29 026/PEN130,85/NZ$55,97/R637,84/PLN136,14/R$196,38/CZK809,35/RSD3 642/HUF10 688,70/RUB2 668,67/CN¥254 per night Rental tent (eight man) 8 x From £39,79/€43,99/A$72,66/US$51,95/CA$68,72/CHF47,29/SEK451,65/DKK327,68/NOK461,96/ISK7 087/ARS3 794,78/CLP41 222/PEN185,84/NZ$79,49/R905,84/PLN193,34/R$278,90/CZK1 149,42/RSD5 172/HUF15 179,83/RUB3 789,97/CN¥360,72 per night
- Simple and peaceful site with beach, freshwater creeks and mangroves
- A 20-minute drive from the wildlife of the Corcovado National Park
- Puerto Jiménez beaches, bars and watersports 20 minutes away
Non-electric grass and earth touring pitch 4 x From £15,32/€16,94/A$27,97/US$20/CA$26,46/CHF18,21/SEK173,88/DKK126,15/NOK177,85/ISK2 728/ARS1 460,93/CLP15 870/PEN71,54/NZ$30,60/R348,74/PLN74,43/R$107,37/CZK442,51/RSD1 991/HUF5 844,02/RUB1 459,09/CN¥138,87 per night Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch 4 x From £18,38/€20,32/A$33,57/US$24/CA$31,75/CHF21,85/SEK208,65/DKK151,38/NOK213,42/ISK3 274/ARS1 753,12/CLP19 044/PEN85,85/NZ$36,72/R418,48/PLN89,32/R$128,85/CZK531,01/RSD2 390/HUF7 012,82/RUB1 750,90/CN¥166,65 per night Rental tent 4 x From £26,04/€28,79/A$47,55/US$34/CA$44,97/CHF30,95/SEK295,59/DKK214,46/NOK302,34/ISK4 638/ARS2 483,59/CLP26 979/PEN121,62/NZ$52,03/R592,85/PLN126,53/R$182,53/CZK752,27/RSD3 385/HUF9 934,83/RUB2 480,44/CN¥236,08 per night
- Small, peaceful site on the banks of the Agujas River
- A 15-minute drive to Puerto Jiménez; small beach a short walk away
- On the edge of the Corcovado National Park; lots of wildlife on site
Non-electric gravel and earth tent pitch 4 x From £7,66/€8,47/A$13,99/US$10/CA$13,23/CHF9,10/SEK86,94/DKK63,08/NOK88,92/ISK1 364/ARS730,47/CLP7 935/PEN35,77/NZ$15,30/R174,37/PLN37,22/R$53,69/CZK221,26/RSD996/HUF2 922,01/RUB729,54/CN¥69,44 per night Rental tent 3 x From £15,32/€16,94/A$27,97/US$20/CA$26,46/CHF18,21/SEK173,88/DKK126,15/NOK177,85/ISK2 728/ARS1 460,93/CLP15 870/PEN71,54/NZ$30,60/R348,74/PLN74,43/R$107,37/CZK442,51/RSD1 991/HUF5 844,02/RUB1 459,09/CN¥138,87 per night
- Yoga retreat set amid 250 acres of pristine, wildlife-rich rainforest
- A 20-minute drive from Chiquita beach and Cahuita National Park
- Restaurant, lounge area and wellness spa with massages and a whirlpool
1 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 3 x From £76,59/€84,68/A$139,86/US$100/CA$132,28/CHF91,03/SEK869,39/DKK630,76/NOK889,23/ISK13 642/ARS7 304,67/CLP79 350/PEN357,72/NZ$153,02/R1 743,68/PLN372,16/R$536,86/CZK2 212,55/RSD9 956/HUF29 220,08/RUB7 295,43/CN¥694,36 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
It's cutely compact, so you should be able to traverse a great deal of the land while camping in Costa Rica: adventures like rainforest trekking, volcano hiking, mountain biking, wild river rafting and jungle ziplining are all easily up for grabs from here – along with the surfing hotspots, spectacular scuba diving and bright white sands of nearly 300 Caribbean and Pacific beaches.
Only around the size of the state of West Virginia way up north or Denmark across the pond way over east, Costa Rica is still a well-established record breaker, the most visited country in Central America and named twice (so far) as the happiest place on all the earth. It's also firmly eco friendly and has more land covered by national parks and protected areas (nearly a quarter) than anywhere else in the world: see how much you can get round it on one trip.
So sí, you'll find a wildlife haven around pretty much any Costa Rica campsite, with about five per cent of all species in the world living among the country's mountains, rainforest, coast and rivers. Take a Costa Rica wildlife tour to spy colourful inhabitants like tropical butterflies and jungle frogs, sleek big cats like pumas and jaguars, and almost 900 species of bird including scarlet macaws, bright quetzals and teeny hummingbirds – this is a land you'll want to stay in for keeps.
- What are the top sites in Costa Rica?
- How much does it cost to stay in Costa Rica? Prices start at US$9,98 (R174,02)/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Costa Rica are open now? 5 See all sites in Costa Rica open now
- What are the top destinations in Costa Rica? See all destinations in Costa Rica
- How many sites in Costa Rica allow dogs? 2 See all dog-friendly sites in Costa Rica