Campsites and Holiday Parks in Costa Rica
7 bookable campsites in Costa Rica
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful riverside site set in the famed volcanic region of Heredia
- Access to challenging hikes through rainforests and around volcanoes
- Bar, restaurant, gym, football pitch, TV room and barbecue
Anturio electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £17,97/€21,03/A$33,81/US$25/CA$31,28/CHF22,60/SEK214,43/DKK156,48/NOK219,29/ISK3 084/ARS2 419,53/CLP19 201/PEN101,78/NZ$35,69/R359/PLN95,74/R$129,40/CZK536,65/RSD2 475/HUF7 468,25/RUB1 820,58/CN¥161,62 per night Hortensias electric grass touring caravan pitch 4 x From £17,97/€21,03/A$33,81/US$25/CA$31,28/CHF22,60/SEK214,43/DKK156,48/NOK219,29/ISK3 084/ARS2 419,53/CLP19 201/PEN101,78/NZ$35,69/R359/PLN95,74/R$129,40/CZK536,65/RSD2 475/HUF7 468,25/RUB1 820,58/CN¥161,62 per night Paradise birds non-electric grass pitch 4 x From £17,97/€21,03/A$33,81/US$25/CA$31,28/CHF22,60/SEK214,43/DKK156,48/NOK219,29/ISK3 084/ARS2 419,53/CLP19 201/PEN101,78/NZ$35,69/R359/PLN95,74/R$129,40/CZK536,65/RSD2 475/HUF7 468,25/RUB1 820,58/CN¥161,62 per night Pink 1 bedroom cabin 2 x From £39,53/€46,27/A$74,39/US$55/CA$68,82/CHF49,71/SEK471,75/DKK344,25/NOK482,45/ISK6 784/ARS5 322,96/CLP42 243/PEN223,92/NZ$78,51/R789,81/PLN210,63/R$284,69/CZK1 180,64/RSD5 445/HUF16 430,15/RUB4 005,27/CN¥355,56 per night
- Jungle stays on the banks of the Sarapiquí river
- Within five minutes of rainforest tours and biological reserves
- Restaurant, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, rappelling on site
Non-electric earth tent pitch 2 x From £10,78/€12,62/A$20,29/US$15/CA$18,77/CHF13,56/SEK128,66/DKK93,89/NOK131,58/ISK1 850/ARS1 451,72/CLP11 521/PEN61,07/NZ$21,41/R215,40/PLN57,44/R$77,64/CZK321,99/RSD1 485/HUF4 480,95/RUB1 092,35/CN¥96,97 per night Rental tent 2 x 1 bedroom hotel or motel (family) 5 x From £21,56/€25,24/A$40,57/US$30/CA$37,54/CHF27,12/SEK257,32/DKK187,77/NOK263,15/ISK3 700/ARS2 903,44/CLP23 041/PEN122,14/NZ$42,82/R430,80/PLN114,89/R$155,28/CZK643,98/RSD2 970/HUF8 961,90/RUB2 184,69/CN¥193,94 per night
- Private and secure family-friendly site in scenic Alajuela
- A 35-minute drive from the Costa Rican capital, San José
- Paradise for hikers and bikers: two national parks within easy reach
Electric grass pitch 5 x From £7,19/€8,41/A$13,52/US$10/CA$12,51/CHF9,04/SEK85,77/DKK62,59/NOK87,72/ISK1 234/ARS967,81/CLP7 680/PEN40,71/NZ$14,27/R143,60/PLN38,30/R$51,76/CZK214,66/RSD990/HUF2 987,30/RUB728,23/CN¥64,65 per night
- Friendly, laidback site in four acres of tropical gardens
- Walking distance from shops, bars and restaurants of Puerto Jiménez
- Well-equipped communal kitchen and bar on site
Non-electric gravel and earth tent pitch (solo) 1 x From £10,78/€12,62/A$20,29/US$15/CA$18,77/CHF13,56/SEK128,66/DKK93,89/NOK131,58/ISK1 850/ARS1 451,72/CLP11 521/PEN61,07/NZ$21,41/R215,40/PLN57,44/R$77,64/CZK321,99/RSD1 485/HUF4 480,95/RUB1 092,35/CN¥96,97 per night Non-electric gravel and earth tent pitch 8 x From £14,37/€16,83/A$27,05/US$20/CA$25,03/CHF18,08/SEK171,55/DKK125,18/NOK175,43/ISK2 467/ARS1 935,62/CLP15 361/PEN81,42/NZ$28,55/R287,20/PLN76,59/R$103,52/CZK429,32/RSD1 980/HUF5 974,60/RUB1 456,46/CN¥129,30 per night Non-electric gravel and hardstanding motorhome pitch 2 x Non-electric gravel and hardstanding touring caravan pitch 2 x Rental tent (two man) 2 x Rental tent (four man) 4 x From £28,03/€32,81/A$52,75/US$39/CA$48,80/CHF35,25/SEK334,52/DKK244,10/NOK342,10/ISK4 811/ARS3 774,47/CLP29 954/PEN158,78/NZ$55,67/R560,04/PLN149,35/R$201,87/CZK837,18/RSD3 861/HUF11 650,47/RUB2 840,10/CN¥252,13 per night Rental tent (eight man) 8 x From £42,40/€49,64/A$79,80/US$59/CA$73,83/CHF53,33/SEK506,06/DKK369,28/NOK517,53/ISK7 278/ARS5 710,09/CLP45 315/PEN240,20/NZ$84,22/R847,25/PLN225,94/R$305,39/CZK1 266,50/RSD5 841/HUF17 625,07/RUB4 296,56/CN¥381,42 per night
- Chilled-out Costa Rica site with volcano views in an agricultural town
- A 10-minute drive to Arenal Volcano; five minutes to hot springs
- Swimming pool; on-site café and bar; co-working space; shared firepit
Tipi 2 x From £29,24/€34,23/A$55,02/US$40,68/CA$50,90/CHF36,77/SEK348,93/DKK254,62/NOK356,83/ISK5 018/ARS3 937,06/CLP31 244/PEN165,62/NZ$58,07/R584,17/PLN155,79/R$210,56/CZK873,24/RSD4 028/HUF12 152,34/RUB2 962,44/CN¥262,99 per night
- Laidback seafront units right in front of the beach in Jaco
- A 10-minute drive to Playa Hermosa; 20 mins to Carara National Park
- Swimming pool, beachfront bar, massages and co-work space
Cylinder microlodge 2 x From £43,85/€51,34/A$82,53/US$61,02/CA$76,35/CHF55,15/SEK523,39/DKK381,93/NOK535,25/ISK7 527/ARS5 905,59/CLP46 866/PEN248,43/NZ$87,10/R876,25/PLN233,68/R$315,85/CZK1 309,86/RSD6 041/HUF18 228,51/RUB4 443,66/CN¥394,48 per night
- Eco-friendly tipis in jungle or beachside at Puerto Viejo da Talamanca
- Next to Playa Cocles beach; 20 minutes’ drive to Cahuita National Park
- Beachfront, with pool, restaurant and bar, surfing and yoga classes
Tipi 2 x From £33,30/€38,98/A$62,66/US$46,33/CA$57,97/CHF41,87/SEK397,39/DKK289,98/NOK406,39/ISK5 715/ARS4 483,87/CLP35 584/PEN188,62/NZ$66,13/R665,30/PLN177,42/R$239,81/CZK994,52/RSD4 587/HUF13 840,16/RUB3 373,89/CN¥299,51 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
It's cutely compact, so you should be able to traverse a great deal of the land while camping in Costa Rica: adventures like rainforest trekking, volcano hiking, mountain biking, wild river rafting and jungle ziplining are all easily up for grabs from here – along with the surfing hotspots, spectacular scuba diving and bright white sands of nearly 300 Caribbean and Pacific beaches.
Only around the size of the state of West Virginia way up north or Denmark across the pond way over east, Costa Rica is still a well-established record breaker, the most visited country in Central America and named twice (so far) as the happiest place on all the earth. It's also firmly eco friendly and has more land covered by national parks and protected areas (nearly a quarter) than anywhere else in the world: see how much you can get round it on one trip.
So sí, you'll find a wildlife haven around pretty much any Costa Rica campsite, with about five per cent of all species in the world living among the country's mountains, rainforest, coast and rivers. Take a Costa Rica wildlife tour to spy colourful inhabitants like tropical butterflies and jungle frogs, sleek big cats like pumas and jaguars, and almost 900 species of bird including scarlet macaws, bright quetzals and teeny hummingbirds – this is a land you'll want to stay in for keeps.