This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Smart family-friendly site with pools on Spain's Cantabrian coast
- A five-minute walk to the beach and 20 minutes' drive to Santander
- Kids' pool and playground; coffee shop, restaurant and supermarket
Get over to Green Spain for grand times by the sea… make no mistake, this part of Cantabria in northern Spain is very green. It can also get very Spanish scorchio, so on the bright, smart site of Camping Virgen del Mar five minutes’ walk from the beach, you’ll be glad of the sea breezes rustling through the surrounding woods.
There’s a reassuring attention to detail throughout this family-friendly spot, with flowers, trees and lawns all carefully tended to wander and laze among. Facilities include a pool, a supermarket for supplies, communal barbecue areas, and, when the idea of outdoor grilling doesn’t get your pulse racing, a café and restaurant for easy eats.
Keeping the kids content, there’s a separate pool alongside the main one for smaller splashers, a well-equipped playground and in the woods around the site, and some thousand-odd different species of wildlife to spot. That should keep them busy…
For quick dips and clambers on the rocks, it’s a five-minute walk from here to the little beach on the Isola del Virgen. Bigger stretches are just round the coast at Playa de San Juan de la Canal (10 minutes) and at Playa de la Canallave (20 minutes); the latter is surrounded by a dune reserve that’s fab for family rambles.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Good site for relaxing just before or after ferry.
reception lady was helpful and friendly.
Friendly staff, but restaurant not opened frequently.
Unfortunately this site has great potential, facilities are from 1960
clean, close to the beach
Jeanne Marie G.Confirmed
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
If you’re seriously into beach and watery activities, seek out Salvé (45 minutes' drive away) for its long stretches of sands and watersports galore. If you’re more of a mooch-and-see sort, just walk or drive and keep your eyes open; at conservative estimates, Cantabria’s coast has 60 beaches.
For walks inland, the nature trails of the Cabárceno Natural Park (20 minutes) are good for a half-day adventure; many visitors combine wildlife rambles with a trip to see the really wild life in the two adjacent safari parks and zoo. Though manmade and involving the sinking of several villages, the Ebro reservoir (an hour) has become a beauty spot and destination for hikers, boat cruisers and windsurfers.
Sometimes dismissed as a busy port, Santander (20 minutes) has a calming seafront park and popular beaches; surfers head to Sardinero when the waves are right, sightseers to the striking Catedral de la Asunción and snackers to the bars and eateries dishing up fresh seafood.
An hour and 15 minutes away, Bilbao is worth the trip for its Guggenheim Museum (and the building it's housed in), its two museums devoted to Basque culture and history, and the cliffs and beach just outside at Getxo.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||10:30 p.m.|
Camping Virgen Del Mar cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Camping Virgen Del Mar on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Virgen Del Mar have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Virgen Del Mar dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Virgen Del Mar? If you’re seriously into beach and watery activities, seek out Salvé (45 minutes' drive away) for its long stretches of sands and watersports galore. If you’re more of a mooch-and-see sort, just … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Virgen Del Mar?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: noon