Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Quiet four-acre adults-only site half a mile from the Sandstone Trail
- A five-minute drive from Bickerton Hill and 25 minutes from Chester
- Barbecues permitted; cold water point available; a few pubs nearby
After somewhere quiet to rest up? Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite is a mega quiet site in rural Cheshire five miles from Malpas, half a mile from the Sandstone Trail and 25 minutes from Chester’s historical centre. This is a basic site for adults only with a peaceful rural retreat in mind and dogs permitted.
There’s a four-acre lawn on site, well-maintained with only tents allowed, as the site has no facilities other than a cold water point and a place to empty any chemical waste. Barbecues are a-go here, so you will be able to put your cooking skills to the test – handily, there are a couple of farm shops within 10 minutes’ drive of the site where you may hook yourself up with some fresh meat.
Bickerton Hill, a National Trust site, is just five minutes’ drive away from the site. This wildlife haven links up to the Sandstone Trail, which you can get to even quicker, as it runs by half a mile away from the site.
You won’t need to search high and wide for a pub to put your feet up in after you’ve finished your activities for the day, as conveniently, there are several pubs within five minutes’ drive of the site too.
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
Minimum spacing of 15 metres between pitches.
Owing to government regulations, groups of 4 or more people are not permitted.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
Check availability at Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric optional grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
Pitch size : Max 6.0m width x 10.0m depth (19.7ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 60.0m² (645.8ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Excellent quiet site with beautiful gardens. Thank you ☺️
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 8.3 miles
8.3 miles Bus Exchange — 11.3 miles
11.3 miles Bus Station — 11.6 miles
- Train stations
Wrenbury Rail Station
— 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Whitchurch (Shrops) Rail Station — 7.2 miles
7.2 miles Nantwich Rail Station — 8.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 25.7 miles
25.7 miles Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 26.0 miles
26.0 miles Liverpool Isle of Man & Dublin Terminal — 26.1 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 19.5 miles
19.5 miles Manchester Airport — 27.5 miles
27.5 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 27.5 miles
Please use the drive signposted Egerton Manor Farm cottages.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Cholmondeley Castle Gardens (19th-century castle gardens with lakeside walks, playgrounds and animals including llamas and pygmy goats): five minutes’ drive
- Bolesworth Castle (country house with events): 10 minutes
- Beeston Castle (former royal medieval castle with woodlands and exhibitions): 15 minutes
- Wrenbury (canal boat rental): 15 minutes
- Alderford Lake (swimming lake with an aqua park and watersports): 15 minutes
- Chester: 25 minutes
- Erddig (National Trust country house and estate with family collections): half an hour
- Chester Zoo: 35 minutes
- Chirk Castle (National Trust medieval fortress): 40 minutes.
- Cheshire Military Museum (10.9 miles)
- Chester Castle (10.9 miles)
- Chester Cathedral (11.2 miles)
- Chirk Castle (18.0 miles)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (19.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens (19th-century castle gardens with lakeside walks, playgrounds and animals including llamas and pygmy goats): five minutes’ drive - Bolesworth Castle (country house with … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Bickerton Sandstone Trail Campsite? From £15 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability