This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful, small glamping site in the pretty village of Norland
- A five-minute drive to Sowerby Bridge; 15 minutes to Shibden Hall
- Firepit provided; breakfast and afternoon tea available to order
Hob Hey Hideaways is a pop-up glamping site in the pretty West Yorkshire village of Norland, with gorgeous rural views all around in the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and lots of lovely hill and moorland walks nearby (plus bike routes used for the Tour de Yorkshire, if that’s more your thing…)
If you’re not up for such leg-busting outings, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can instead opt to stroll to the local village in about 10 minutes for a kids’ park or a pub. A firepit is provided at your tent and you'll have access to a gas barbecue and outdoor eating area too, so it’s a fine idea to stop by at the farm shop a couple of miles away where you can buy locally sourced produce for your grill (put in a pre-order and they can sort out a breakfast pack if you like). Sowerby Bridge (a mile away) has a couple of decent supermarkets for any other bits you need, and there are more shops 10 minutes away in Halifax.
The setup on site is a rather special one: there are just a couple of smart bell tents here, so you’ll get a good deal of space and peace as well as a comfy bed and boho furnishings. Access to fresh water and a smart toilet/shower facility are nearby, and there’s a kitchen cabin that houses a fridge, a freezer, a microwave and a washing-up area. You’ll have complimentary tea and coffee, and, in a rather lovely touch, a bottle of fizz provided in your welcome pack.
The friendly owner is around on site daily to offer tips and advice; there’s no electric connection here but phone charging is available on request too.
Special occasion? Send a note in the special requests box to order a farmhouse breakfast delivery or a splendid afternoon tea (for an extra cost).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Fantastic weekend, great facilities and additional nice touches
From the manager...
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you had a great stay and mentioned returning next year to me. I will pitch the tents further apart next season. I am sorry if the neighbours were untidy and hope my cleaning made up for it. Thank you Jo
From the manager...
Thank you for your review and I’m sorry that you disliked having to pay for the non electric amenities. I will look to having solar chargers in the future
From the manager...
Thank you for your lovely review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Hob Hey Hideaways. I do work hard to ensure that people have a wonderful stay and I am pleased that you felt that was the case. Thank you Jo
From the manager...
Thank you for your super review. It is also lovely to see your own photos and experience on the site. You were one of my first customers and I really enjoy hosting for you. I look forward to your return next year.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Halifax Bus Station
— 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Bus Station — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Bus Station — 6.3 miles
- Train stations
Sowerby Bridge Rail Station
— 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Halifax Rail Station — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Mytholmroyd Rail Station — 3.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 47.0 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 15.7 miles
15.7 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 2 — 27.4 miles
27.4 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 27.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Sowerby Bridge (canal walks, bars and restaurants and boat trips): five minutes' drive
- Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience: 10 minutes
- Halifax Piece Hall: 10 minutes
- Shibden Hall (home of ‘Gentleman Jack’ Anne Lister): 15 minutes
- Ogden Water Country Park: 20 minutes
- Hebden Bridge: 20 minutes
- Cragg Vale: 20 minutes
- Hardcastle Crags (woodland walks and old mill): 25 minutes
- Stoodley Pike: half an hour.
- Eureka! The National Children's Museum (2.8 miles)
- Halifax Ski & Snowboard Centre (3.4 miles)
- National Media Museum (9.1 miles)
- Hardcastle Crags (6.4 miles)
- Marsden Moor Estate (6.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hob Hey Hideaways cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hob Hey Hideaways will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
The damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit required on arrival can only be paid for in cash.
Pitches: a £50.00 deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure when returning the gate badge/barrier pass/toilet keys.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hob Hey Hideaways have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hob Hey Hideaways dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hob Hey Hideaways? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Sowerby Bridge (canal walks, bars and restaurants and boat trips): five minutes' drive - Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience: 10 minutes - Halifax Piece Hall: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hob Hey Hideaways?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.