Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained small rural Northumberland touring site
- Kielder Water, Alnwick and Newcastle within a 40-minute drive
- Dog-friendly site with dog park; great area for walking
It may be a small place (with just a handful of pitches on site), but Elf Hills Farm is also a rather well-located one…
This rural Northumberland site near the village of Cambo is in a fine spot for days of walking, either in the nearby Northumberland National Park, in the area around Kielder Water or over at the coast. There’s plenty of history around too, in the form of National Trust properties, Hexham Abbey and the Roman attractions of Hadrian’s Wall. You might even like to throw in a bit of urban time in the centre of Newcastle, 40 minutes’ drive away.
Whatever you choose to fill your days with, you’ll be coming back to a peaceful site where the pitches are pleasingly spacious and have access to mains water, chemical disposal and electric hookups. Dogs are welcome too, and have a little area of their own where they can have a run around to stretch their legs. Barbecues are permitted on site, and there are a couple of pubs about 15 minutes’ drive away if you fancy eating out.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
A cable measuring at least 8 metres is needed for the electric hook-ups.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Bookings must not be for more than 14 consecutive nights.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric grass touring pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Touring caravan or Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 6.0m width x 8.0m depth (19.7ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 48.0m² (516.7ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely quiet spot. Simple - just electricity and water (internet …
Lovely quiet site, ideal for a couple of nights. Made …
Peaceful rural site with easy access to explore Northumberland
Lovely quiet and small site. Pretty location and well maintained.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Kirkwhelpington (Northumb.): Road End Coach Stop
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Knowesgate (Northumberland): Hotel Coach Stop — 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Capheaton (Northumberland): Road End Coach Stop — 2.9 miles
- Train stations
Morpeth Rail Station
— 11.9 miles
11.9 miles Pegswood Rail Station — 13.5 miles
13.5 miles Corbridge Rail Station — 13.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 19.5 miles
19.5 miles Belvedere Ferry Landing — 20.4 miles
20.4 miles Leaplish Ferry Landing — 21.9 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 14.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wallington (National Trust estate): 10 minutes’ drive
- Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens: 15 minutes
- Cragside (National Trust estate): 25 minutes
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum: 25 minutes
- Battlesteads Public Observatory: half an hour
- Kielder Water: 35 minutes
- Hexham Abbey: 35 minutes
- Vindolanda (Roman site): 40 minutes
- Alnwick Castle: 40 minutes
- Newcastle upon Tyne: 40 minutes.
- Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens (6.5 miles)
- Cragside House, Gardens and Estate (10.9 miles)
- Chesters Roman Fort (11.3 miles)
- Wallington (1.3 miles)
- Cragside (11.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Elf Hills Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Elf Hills Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Elf Hills Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Elf Hills Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Elf Hills Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wallington (National Trust estate): 10 minutes’ drive - Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens: 15 minutes - Cragside (National Trust estate): 25 minutes - Chesters Roman Fort … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Elf Hills Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Elf Hills Farm? From £20 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability