Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained small rural Northumberland touring site
- Kielder Water, Alnwick and Newcastle within a 40-minute drive
- Dog-friendly site with peaceful pitches; great area for walking
It may be a small place (with just a handful of pitches on site), but Elf Hills Farm is also a rather well-located one…
This rural Northumberland site near the village of Cambo is in a fine spot for days of walking, either in the nearby Northumberland National Park, in the area around Kielder Water or over at the coast. There’s plenty of history around too, in the form of National Trust properties, Hexham Abbey and the Roman attractions of Hadrian’s Wall. You might even like to throw in a bit of urban time in the centre of Newcastle, 40 minutes’ drive away.
Whatever you choose to fill your days with, you’ll be coming back to a peaceful site where the pitches are pleasingly spacious and have access to mains water, chemical disposal and electric hookups. Dogs are welcome too, and barbecues are permitted on site. There are a also a couple of pubs about 15 minutes’ drive away if you fancy eating out.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
This park has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
A cable measuring at least 8 metres is needed for the electric hook-ups.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Bookings must not be for more than 14 consecutive nights.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Powered grass trailer site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Camper or RV site or Class B motorhome allowed per campsite
Campsite size : Max 6.0m width x 8.0m depth (19.7ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 48.0m² (516.7ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar ($), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Ruble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Really helpful warden Clean, grassy pitch, nice view of horses …
Lovely peaceful site in what felt like a remote farmland area.
Great location, has all the basics you need.
Would have been perfect if there was toilet and shower facilities
Excellent site. Mostly level pitches. Facilities were basic but clean
Great night away!
turned up very late at 21:00 due to being stuck …
Lovely peaceful site where you can escape from the hustle and bustle o
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
Village road end
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Hotel — 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Hotel — 1.4 miles
- Train stations
Morpeth Rail Station
— 11.9 miles
11.9 miles Pegswood Rail Station — 13.5 miles
13.5 miles Corbridge Rail Station — 13.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 19.5 miles
19.5 miles Belvedere Ferry Landing — 20.4 miles
20.4 miles Leaplish Ferry Landing — 21.9 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 14.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wallington (National Trust estate): 10 minutes’ drive
- Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens: 15 minutes
- Cragside (National Trust estate): 25 minutes
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum: 25 minutes
- Battlesteads Public Observatory: half an hour
- Kielder Water: 35 minutes
- Hexham Abbey: 35 minutes
- Vindolanda (Roman site): 40 minutes
- Alnwick Castle: 40 minutes
- Newcastle upon Tyne: 40 minutes.
- Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens (6.5 miles)
- Cragside House, Gardens and Estate (10.9 miles)
- Chesters Roman Fort (11.3 miles)
- Wallington (1.3 miles)
- Cragside (11.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
Elf Hills Farm cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Elf Hills Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Elf Hills Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Elf Hills Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Elf Hills Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wallington (National Trust estate): 10 minutes’ drive - Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens: 15 minutes - Cragside (National Trust estate): 25 minutes - Chesters Roman Fort … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Elf Hills Farm?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon
- How much does it cost to stay at Elf Hills Farm? From $27.44 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability