This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
A characterful Shepherd’s Hut on a small working farm near the village of Buttercrambe with beautiful views over luscious green fields and the moor woods. Buttercrambe Shepherd’s Hut is the essence of timeless, homely chic, with hand crafted wooden furnishings and charming decorative touches. Enjoy a unique glamping experience in the privacy of the hut nestled in a small orchard where pink apple blossom blooms in Spring.
The birds and farm yard animals may wake you but there’s plenty to get up … first enjoy the complimentary breakfast basket each morning before heading out to enjoy a walk in the country or even a city amble. The Shepherd’s Hit is just a short journey to the vibrant and historical city of York, camping in the delightful hut makes the ideal city break for couples wanting a romantic and memorable break away.
Take delight in a natural retreat, escape city life, hide yourself away at the shepherd’s hut and unwind or laze beneath the sun and watch country life going on around you. Al fresco dinners cooked by you on the BBQ or order a stew cooked by the owner, relax under the stars and bask in the glow of the fire pit.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
- Coach stations
Stamford Bridge: The Square Coach Stop — 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Pocklington Bus Station — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles York: Rail Station Coach Stop — 8.4 miles
- Train stations
York Rail Station — 8.5 miles
8.5 miles Malton Rail Station — 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Poppleton Rail Station — 10.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal — 31.4 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport — 32.4 miles
- Enjoy a romantic retreat within 2.5 hours of Birmingham. 142 miles
- Glamping under the stars within 80 miles of Manchester
- Buttercrambe is 10 miles east from the historical city of York and 10 miles west from Malton.
- Buttercrambe Shepherd Hut sits in a peaceful corner of the owner’s farm overlooking fields and woodland.
- The village of Stamford Bridge is less than 3 miles away where you find a shop, pub, florist and even an icecream parlour.
Out and about near Buttercrambe Shepherd’s Hut, our favourites…
- Closest eating and drinking spot is the Three Cups at Stamford Bridge, a 25 minute walk from the shepherd’s hut.
- Reward yourself after a day hiking in the Yorkshire Dales with dinner at the Talbot Hotel where renowned ‘Malton born’ chef James Martin has joined the team serving freshly sourced Yorkshire delights.
- Visit the many museums York has to offer; National Railway Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens, Jorvik Viking Centre and the breathtaking York Minster.
- Challenge yourself with a long walk around the North York Moors discovering the ancient woodlands, stunning moorland and spectacular coastline just 20 miles from Malton
- Take pleasure in short scenic walks from the doorstep of the shepherd’s hut through Buttercrambe Moor Woods.
- Explore the city and its plentiful dining options, enjoy a romantic meal along the river front or treat yourself to something sweet at the famous Betty’s tea room in the centre.
- Castles, manor houses, gardens and abbey – wonderful attractions for day visits.
- Pack your bucket & spade and enjoy a day trip to the coast, perhaps taking in a walk along Whitby West Cliff, Filey and Runswick Bay.
- Air Museum (6.2 miles)
- National Centre for Early Music (7.8 miles)
- York Minster (7.9 miles)
- Treasurer's House (7.9 miles)
- Goddards Garden (9.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.