This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
A characterful Shepherd’s Hut on a small working farm near the village of Buttercrambe with beautiful views over luscious green fields and the moor woods. Buttercrambe Shepherd’s Hut is the essence of timeless, homely chic, with hand crafted wooden furnishings and charming decorative touches. Enjoy a unique glamping experience in the privacy of the hut nestled in a small orchard where pink apple blossom blooms in Spring.
The birds and farm yard animals may wake you but there’s plenty to get up … first enjoy the complimentary breakfast basket each morning before heading out to enjoy a walk in the country or even a city amble. The Shepherd’s Hit is just a short journey to the vibrant and historical city of York, camping in the delightful hut makes the ideal city break for couples wanting a romantic and memorable break away.
Take delight in a natural retreat, escape city life, hide yourself away at the shepherd’s hut and unwind or laze beneath the sun and watch country life going on around you. Al fresco dinners cooked by you on the BBQ or order a stew cooked by the owner, relax under the stars and bask in the glow of the fire pit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Stamford Bridge: The Square Coach Stop
— 1.9 kilometres
1.9 kilometres Pocklington Bus Station — 11.7 kilometres
11.7 kilometres York: Rail Station Coach Stop — 13.6 kilometres
- Train stations
York Rail Station
— 13.6 kilometres
13.6 kilometres Malton Rail Station — 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres Poppleton Rail Station — 16.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 50.6 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 52.1 kilometres
- Enjoy a romantic retreat within 2.5 hours of Birmingham. 142 miles
- Glamping under the stars within 80 miles of Manchester
- Buttercrambe is 10 miles east from the historical city of York and 10 miles west from Malton.
- Buttercrambe Shepherd Hut sits in a peaceful corner of the owner’s farm overlooking fields and woodland.
- The village of Stamford Bridge is less than 3 miles away where you find a shop, pub, florist and even an icecream parlour.
Out and about near Buttercrambe Shepherd’s Hut, our favourites…
- Closest eating and drinking spot is the Three Cups at Stamford Bridge, a 25 minute walk from the shepherd’s hut.
- Reward yourself after a day hiking in the Yorkshire Dales with dinner at the Talbot Hotel where renowned ‘Malton born’ chef James Martin has joined the team serving freshly sourced Yorkshire delights.
- Visit the many museums York has to offer; National Railway Museum, Yorkshire Museum and Gardens, Jorvik Viking Centre and the breathtaking York Minster.
- Challenge yourself with a long walk around the North York Moors discovering the ancient woodlands, stunning moorland and spectacular coastline just 20 miles from Malton
- Take pleasure in short scenic walks from the doorstep of the shepherd’s hut through Buttercrambe Moor Woods.
- Explore the city and its plentiful dining options, enjoy a romantic meal along the river front or treat yourself to something sweet at the famous Betty’s tea room in the centre.
- Castles, manor houses, gardens and abbey – wonderful attractions for day visits.
- Pack your bucket & spade and enjoy a day trip to the coast, perhaps taking in a walk along Whitby West Cliff, Filey and Runswick Bay.
- Air Museum (10.1 kilometres)
- National Centre for Early Music (12.6 kilometres)
- York Minster (12.7 kilometres)
- Treasurer's House (12.7 kilometres)
- Goddards Garden (15.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Buttercrambe Shepherd's Hut have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Buttercrambe Shepherd's Hut dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Buttercrambe Shepherd's Hut? Out and about near Buttercrambe Shepherd’s Hut, our favourites… - Closest eating and drinking spot is the Three Cups at Stamford Bridge, a 25 minute walk from the shepherd’s hut. - Reward ... Read more