This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wild camping pitches set within woodland areas
- Hidden setting in a wildlife haven
- Local village a short walk away
Get into the wilderness and camp under the stars at Thurstons Farm, a peaceful place to enjoy the countryside.
The site has a handful of camping pitches within a wilderness area just outside the main grounds of the farmhouse, so you can roam around the outdoors within the self-sown woodland, surrounding ponds and nature. Please note that this is wild camping in a small and private nature reserve, with no showers, no running water and only a compost toilet on site.
Thurstons Farm is a hidden woodland playground, surrounded by natural landscapes and rare wildlife including great-crested newts and barn owls. It's also well set: even though it's in the middle of nowhere: the local village is a short walk away; the site is easy to find from the A12, and the nearest shops, pubs and supermarkets are accessible in Saxmundham.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Back to basics camping. Soul cleansing!
Simple but natural.
Great host and site
Beautiful site with isolated pitches.
The best place for wild camping. Really good for people …
Amazing rural Suffolk location with excellent walking from the site
From the manager...
Absolutely everything beautiful camp site really friendly staff
From the manager...
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Harleston (Norfolk): Broad St Coach Stop
— 12.7 miles
12.7 miles Bungay: Earsham Street Coach Stop — 14.6 miles
14.6 miles Beccles: Old Market Coach Stop — 15.5 miles
- Train stations
Saxmundham Rail Station
— 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Darsham Rail Station — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Wickham Market Rail Station — 6.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Walberswick Ferry Landing
— 10.3 miles
10.3 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 10.3 miles
10.3 miles Bawdsey Ferry Landing — 17.8 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 30.3 miles
Some of Suffolk's finest attractions are close by.
For wildlife fans, RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve is not far away. A footpath runs along the land through Thurstons Farm and the owners have route maps should you wish to walk from the barn itself.
There are miles of coastal path around the area as well, with forest tracks, country lanes and cycle paths. There's plenty of storage space for bikes if you're bringing your wheels.
The small towns around the coastline have plenty to offer even on a rainy day, with piers, award-winning fish and chip shops and plenty of seaside boutiques to pick up souvenirs.
Other attractions include Dunwich Beach and Heath National Trust, a rare habitat home to special species such as the Dartford warbler, nightjar, woodlark, ant-lion, adders and more. Orford Ness National Nature Reserve National Trust is an important nature reserve with unusual buildings making a scenic landscape.
Framlingham Castle was a place of refuge for Mary Tudor and there's plenty to discover here while walking the walls and viewing the exhibitions. Orford Castle is also not far away: this 12th-century stronghold has many passageways and chambers to explore on your visit. Leiston Abbey is instead one of Suffolk’s impressive monastic ruins with spectacular features.
For a bit of shopping, Snape Maltings has a selection of shops, activities and places to eat and drink beside the Alde river.
- Framlingham Castle (4.8 miles)
- Orford Castle (11.0 miles)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (11.1 miles)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (11.2 miles)
- Sutton Hoo (11.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Thurstons Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Thurstons Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Thurstons Farm? Some of Suffolk's finest attractions are close by. For wildlife fans, RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve is not far away. A footpath runs along the land through Thurstons Farm and the owners have … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Thurstons Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.