This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful village site by the Artro river and two miles from the coast
- Portmeirion 25 minutes' drive; 50 minutes to Snowdon
- Families, motorcyclists and Duke of Edinburgh groups welcome
It's a breeze to get down to the coast from this site in Gwynedd, as The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site is a mere two miles from the beach. Set on the edge of the peaceful village of Llanbedr, close to Snowdonia National Park, it’s also well-placed for waterside wanders, as the peaceful river Artro can be accessed a few metres from the pitches.
Being so close to the village centre makes staying here a fair bit easier. In terms of food, Llanbedr's shops, restaurants and pubs are five minutes away on foot. Transport-wise, there are buses, the A496 that heads up into the mountains and, on the western side of the village, Llanbedr railway station (about 20 minutes’ walk).
Back on site, you'll be settling down in the main site field, a wide open space with vistas over a thickly forested hill. Barbecues and dogs are welcome here. The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site is popular with family groups, motorcyclists on road trips around the national park and Duke of Edinburgh groups, who regularly stop off here to take advantage of the great views and transport links.
The fact that the Welsh coast is so close is another big plus: Barmouth and Harlech are 15 minutes' drive from site, while the pastel-coloured houses of Portmeirion are 25 minutes away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent value for the price. Our pitches were level. Plenty of space
excellent location, friendly staff, level pitches.
Basic site, perfectly adequate for a short stay near the beach.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
— 7.6 miles
7.6 miles Tesco — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Market Square — 8.4 miles
- Train stations
Llanbedr Rail Station
— 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Pensarn (Gwynedd) Rail Station — 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Llandanwg Rail Station — 1.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 7.2 miles
7.2 miles Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Aberdaron Ferry Landing — 25.9 miles
— 35.2 miles
Beach time at Barmouth (15 minutes' drive) will keep the kids happy in fine weather, while for a bit of high-adrenaline adventure there's also the go-karting on offer at Glasfryn Parc (45 minutes) or Zip World Fforest (45 minutes), home to Wales' famous forest rollercoaster. For the bravest thrill-seekers, this site is also conveniently close to Skydiving Snowdonia (five minutes).
Hiking up mountains such as Snowdon (50 minutes) in the National Park is another popular option. Cader Idris (an hour and 10 minutes) is also a very popular peak and has great views over southern Snowdonia, plus you'll often get the chance to see planes zooming over the Mach Loop low-flying aircraft practice area on its eastern flank.
There's also a lot of history around these parts, as these ancient hills have been inhabited since before written records began. Head to Llanbedr's neolithic standing stones (a few minutes' walk from site) if you want to learn more, or take the time to visit the imposing castle in Harlech (15 minutes), built in 1290 in a strategic position overlooking the Irish Sea as part of the so-called Iron Ring.
- CADW - Harlech Castle (2.7 miles)
- Portmeirion Gardens (6.4 miles)
- Ffestiniog Railway (7.3 miles)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (19.2 miles)
- Plas yn Rhiw (22.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site? Beach time at Barmouth (15 minutes' drive) will keep the kids happy in fine weather, while for a bit of high-adrenaline adventure there's also the go-karting on offer at Glasfryn Parc (45 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Mill Caravan Park and Camping Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.