Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained wild camping field on a golf course in rural Devon
- A 10-minute drive from the Jurassic Coast, Branscombe and Sidmouth
- Golf and snacks on site; beaches, coastal hikes, pubs and shops nearby
Thorn Campsite is a secluded spot in Devon countryside, near Jurassic Coast beaches and seaside resorts – and here’s the thing – it comes with its very own golf course. Yes, golfers pack your clubs and come to enjoy a few rounds on a nine-hole rural course.
The flat and neatly manicured camping field has electric hook-ups, loos, a washing-up area and showers, and it’s just a short stroll from the golf course. The clubhouse cleverly doubles as a snack bar with additional loos and showers for site guests, and there’s a wifi connection if you need to keep friends informed of your golfing successes.
But it’s not just about the golfing. Families, couples and dogs are also welcome at Thorn, as there’s plenty hereabouts to keep everyone entertained. Take the kids rummaging for fossils along the Jurassic Coast (10 minutes’ drive), and if they have behaved really, really well, the best treat ever is feeding time at The Donkey Sanctuary (five minutes).
You can choose from an abundance of lovely beaches along the coastline (Salcombe Regis and Seaton to name just two – both less than 15 minutes’ drive), and the South West Coast Path (10 minutes) reveals swathes of rugged headlands for long-distance hikers.
Sidmouth supermarkets will keep you fed and watered, and if you want a night off from cooking, there are traditional pubs in Branscombe (10 minutes) and a whole host of restaurants in Budleigh Salterton (25 minutes).
Open from 06/08/2022 to 05/09/2022
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric optional grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 5 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Great for a wild camp
Very friendly welcome. Stayed for one night with our grandchildren. …
Fab host, so laid back he is horizontal :) Beautiful relaxed site!
Close to the beach
Campsite was lovely and peaceful. Great rest after a long hike
Level pitches, cut grass pitches and in lovely setting.
Excellent site with extremely friendly staff
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Opposite Rail Station — 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Honiton Road Park and Ride — 11.9 miles
- Train stations
Honiton Rail Station
— 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Feniton Rail Station — 7.1 miles
7.1 miles Whimple Rail Station — 8.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Exmouth Ferry Landing
— 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Topsham Ferry Landing — 11.7 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 9.7 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Golf: on site
- The Donkey Sanctuary: five minutes’ drive
- Norman Lockyer Observatory: five minutes
- Jurassic Coast: 10 minutes
- Salcombe Regis (beach): 10 minutes
- Branscombe (pubs and beach): 10 minutes
- Sidmouth (shops and beach): 10 minutes
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens: 20 minutes
- Budleigh Salterton (beach and restaurants): 25 minutes
- Crealy Theme Park and Resort: 30 minutes.
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (2.0 miles)
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (9.3 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (12.9 miles)
- Branscombe: the Old Bakery, Manor Mill and Forge (2.8 miles)
- Shute Barton (8.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Thorn Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Thorn Campsite on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Thorn Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Thorn Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Thorn Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Golf: on site - The Donkey Sanctuary: five minutes’ drive - Norman Lockyer Observatory: five minutes - Jurassic Coast: 10 minutes - Salcombe Regis (beach): 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Thorn Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Thorn Campsite? From £19 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability