This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Stunningly scenic glampsite with sea views towards Lundy Island
- Sandy beaches and South West Coast Path within walking distance
- Surfing, climbing and paddleboarding tours on site, plus kit hire
Seeking out beachside days and scenic strolls along cliffs and sands? Swim, sail or surf along to Livit Adventures Glamping, a family-friendly glampsite five minutes’ drive from the village of Abbotsham in Devon.
Within easy reach of the coast, this is a top destination for rural getaways with ocean breezes. Settle in surrounded by greenery on site in the grounds of Westacott Farm, then let those breezes take you to the South West Coast Path – roughly a 10-minute walk across fields – for spectacular views and rambles towards Westward Ho! in one direction, or Clovelly and the North Devon Wake Park in the other.
Getting out on the water might involve surfing and kitesurfing in Westward Ho! or opting instead for wakeboarding and splashing around at the wake park. The site also owns an activity company, so there's no need to haul a heap of kit along – guests can hire surfboards, wetsuits and paddleboards on site, or sign up for paddleboarding tours.
After all that activity, home base may well be beckoning… Turn feet and boards back to site and unwind on a private deck, set something to grill on the barbecue (please bring your own charcoal), and sidle up close to the firepit while taking in the stunning view over the Atlantic to Lundy Island. When the chill of evening sets in, wash up and retreat indoors where a woodburning stove keeps things cosy into the night.
Open from 17/05/2021 to 26/09/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Friendly site both campers and staff. Lovely views and location
Lovely place and lovely owners
Great site, chilled atmosphere and brilliant hosts
The site facilities were fantastic and the location great for …
The tents and the staff and the location
Campsite (Westacott Farm camping) had a very nice feel to …
Lovely clean accommodation and toilet/showers. Beautiful location
Lovely can’t fault it and would stay here again.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Bideford Quay — 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Bideford Quay — 2.8 miles
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 10.6 miles
10.6 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 12.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Bideford Ferry Landing
— 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 4.6 miles
— 41.7 miles
Satellite navigation may not bring you all the way to Westacott Farm, so please follow these directions.
From Bideford, take the A39 towards Bude and Clovelly. Staying on the A39, go straight across Abbotsham roundabout. Take the first right, then turn right at the next junction. About half a mile up the road, turn right into Westacott Farm.
From Cornwall, take the A39 to Kilkampton. Pass through higher Clovelly, Buck’s Cross and Fairy Cross, then take the second left. Turn right at the next junction and, about half a mile up the road, turn right into Westacott Farm.
When you arrive at Westacott Farm, turn right and head for the top field. Look for the tipi village – you will find the site team there, and can park near the tents.
Abbotsham village, home to a brewery, adventure centre and The Big Sheep theme park, is five minutes’ drive from Livit Adventures Glamping; Bideford’s steamship, museums and galleries are a touch further at 10 minutes’ drive. The Milky Way Adventure Park, another day out to enthrall the smaller humans in your life, is 10 minutes away too.
Looking for more amusement out in the sticks? Join the Tarka Trail for long-distance biking and walking on a 32-mile path running from Braunton to Barnstaple, then turn sights to Exmoor National Park (40 minutes) for meanders across misty moorland, keeping eyes out for the famed wild ponies as you go.
If gentler activities appeal, scenic strolls can be had in the traffic-free village of Clovelly (15 minutes), around the gorgeous flower displays at RHS Garden Rosemoor (25 minutes) or through Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (40 minutes).
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (7.4 miles)
- Castle Drogo (29.6 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (15.5 miles)
- Lundy (20.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Livit Adventures Glamping be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 31/12/2021. Read more
- Does Livit Adventures Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Livit Adventures Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Livit Adventures Glamping? Abbotsham village, home to a brewery, adventure centre and The Big Sheep theme park, is five minutes’ drive from Livit Adventures Glamping; Bideford’s steamship, museums and galleries are a touch further at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Livit Adventures Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.