This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Level and well-maintained pub campsite in southern Cornwall
- Just off the A394; Marazion five minutes' drive
- Pub food served; very good public transport links opposite the site
Pick a pitch at Coach and Horses Camping to be closest to the very best bits of Cornwall. Sandy beaches, hidden coves and all sorts of gorgeous scenery are within easy reach of this convenient pub site, all of which are accessible via the A394.
This flat and level field has a good level of basic amenities, with toilets and showers
taken care of. Dogs are also welcome, and there's convenient internet access in case you need to get online while away from home.
Coach and Horses Camping is located between the seaside town of Marazion (five minutes' drive) and Helston, a popular spot on the northern edge of the Lizard Peninsula.
Leaving the car behind could hardly be easier, as there are regular buses that stop just opposite the site that can drop you off in Helston, Penzance and other popular destinations. The pitching field also has direct access to a traffic-free public footpath to the gorgeous seaside village of Praa Sands (about a mile away).
For meals, pull up a table in the restaurant part of the pub for fine ales and fresh food. Coming for Sunday lunch? Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The pub was very nice, and the owners were welcoming. …
Landlord of pub was friendly inititally, but one of us …
Friendly small campground in good location
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Crowlas (Cornwall): Coach Stop
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Porthleven: The Square Coach Stop — 4.2 miles
4.2 miles St Erth: Rail Station Coach Stop — 4.5 miles
- Train stations
St Erth Rail Station
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Lelant Saltings Rail Station — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Hayle Rail Station — 5.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Penzance Ferry Terminal
— 5.7 miles
5.7 miles Helford Village Ferry Landing — 11.9 miles
11.9 miles Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 12.1 miles
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Land's End St Just Airport — 11.9 miles
11.9 miles Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 29.0 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Praa Sands: roughly 15 minutes' walk from site
- Marazion: five minutes' drive
- Perranuthnoe beach: five minutes
- St Michael's Mount: 10 minutes
- Helston: 10 minutes
- National Dahlia Collection: 10 minutes
- Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens: 10 minutes
- Penzance: 15 minutes
- Paradise Park: 15 minutes
- Cornish Seal Sanctuary: 20 minutes
- Hayle beach: 20 minutes
- St Michael's Mount (3.5 miles)
- Flambards (6.4 miles)
- Tate St Ives (7.9 miles)
- Godolphin (2.7 miles)
- St Michael's Mount (3.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Coach and Horses Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Coach and Horses Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Coach and Horses Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Coach and Horses Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Praa Sands: roughly 15 minutes' walk from site - Marazion: five minutes' drive - Perranuthnoe beach: five minutes - St Michael's Mount: 10 minutes - Helston: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Coach and Horses Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.