This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful farm site near the North Downs
- Less than an hour from London
- Campfires allowed: buy farm produce to cook
'It’s not proper camping unless there’s a campfire,' as Prometheus said when he nicked Zeus’s fire for a singalong with some tent-dwelling ancient Greeks. The flame-loving trickster would have approved of Etherley Farm, where campers are free to get their embers blazing without reprimand (poor old Prometheus suffered a rather harsh punishment for his fireiness).
Caravans, campervans and tents are all welcome, with a free choice of location within the roomy field. The site has basic facilities including water, individual showers and a toilet block, but no electric hook-ups.
Although the poultry farm at Etherley isn't open to visitors, it's a different matter for guests, who can bag some of its mouthwatering produce for their barbie: chicken, burgers and sausages are all on sale (just drop the owners a line stating what you’d like when you book). Campers can also purchase wood for their fire on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Jumbo tent pitches
- Coach stations
Gatwick Airport: North Terminal Coach Stops
— 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Gatwick Airport: South Terminal Coach Stops — 9.6 miles
9.6 miles Guildford: Park Barn Egerton Rd Coach Stop — 11.0 miles
- Train stations
Ockley Rail Station
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Holmwood Rail Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Gomshall Rail Station — 4.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Weybridge Ferry Landing
— 15.5 miles
15.5 miles Shepperton Ferry Landing — 15.6 miles
15.6 miles Ditton Island Ferry Landing — 16.1 miles
London Gatwick Airport North Terminal
— 8.9 miles
8.9 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 9.6 miles
9.6 miles London Gatwick Airport — 9.6 miles
Take the Abinger Road from Ockley Road (Etherley Hill) - we are the first farm on the left. The campsite is on the right and is marked at the end of the farm track. Sign in on arrival at the produce outlet where logs and some of our poultry produce can be bought.
There are some lovely foodie pubs very close to the site, and the area is great for walking: the sweeping views of the North Downs from Box Hill, six miles from the site, are not to be missed.
Guests who want to keep things local can visit the nearby National Trust property of Polesden Lacey, or take a tour of the country’s biggest vineyard. Those prepared to venture a little further will find a vast number of attractions and activities across Surrey and in London (a 50 minute train journey from Dorking).
- Denbies Wine Estate (6.3 miles)
- Polesden Lacey (6.6 miles)
- Fishers Adventure Farm Park (10.3 miles)
- Polesden Lacey (6.5 miles)
- Box Hill (6.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Etherley Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Etherley Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Etherley Farm? There are some lovely foodie pubs very close to the site, and the area is great for walking: the sweeping views of the North Downs from Box Hill, six miles from the ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Etherley Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.