This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Tiny, family-friendly site on an Isle of Wight goat farm
- A 10-minute drive to Blackgang Chine; footpaths and cycling nearby
- Pub and shop nearby; barbecue stands; fresh produce sold on site
It may be small, but Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite is mighty fine. This is a tiny, family-friendly site with a difference, down to eco-friendly facilities and fresh produce for sale… and it’s all part of a wacky, six-acre smallholding on the Isle of Wight with over fifty goats, a handful of pigs, a flock of hens and five farmyard cats.
Between Shorwell and Chale Green and surrounded by farmlands on all sides, the goat farm is a short drive away from the island’s main cycling and walking routes and just two miles from the south coast (where you can link up with the coastal path).
There’s no electricity or hot running water, but what you do have are composting toilets, a shower-in-a-shed, utility sinks and plenty of cold water that can be heated up over a firepit. There’s unlimited free wood for that, together with several barbecue stands for those of you who can’t pass up a good grilling session.
If you really want to get the group’s mouths watering, there’s fresh produce sold on the site that will help you out. Up for grabs are frozen goat meat, cheese, milk and fresh eggs. For anything else, the village shop and pub are just five minutes’ drive away.
Please note that due to the goats, no dogs are allowed but school children can stay for half price.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
An all round brilliant experience
If you want a rural peaceful stay then this is …
The most tranquil site I have ever found
Absolutely lovely experience. The farm is a dream for children. …
quiet beautiful campsite, friendly owner. all very well thought out.
Quiet, basic campsite with goat neighbours
An experience we won't forget!
Excellent small eco campsite
Good natured, pretty little site - homemade and a touch cluttered
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.0 miles
13.0 miles Stanford Hill — 13.0 miles
13.0 miles Bus Shelter — 13.3 miles
- Train stations
Shanklin Rail Station
— 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Lake (Isle of Wight) Rail Station — 7.1 miles
7.1 miles Sandown Rail Station — 7.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Fishbourne IOW Ferry Terminal
— 8.5 miles
8.5 miles East Cowes Floating Bridge — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles West Cowes Floating Bridge — 8.8 miles
— 22.0 miles
22.0 miles Bournemouth International Airport — 24.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- St Catherine's Oratory (medieval lighthouse): 10 minutes’ drive
- Blackgang Chine (family-friendly theme park): 10 minutes
- Amazon World Zoo (zoo and soft play): 20 minutes
- Ventnor Botanic Garden: 20 minutes
- The Needles Landmark Attraction (family-friendly rides and attractions alongside sand cliffs with a cable car to the beach): 25 minutes
- Osborne (former royal residence with playgrounds and a beach): half an hour
- Bembridge beach (pebble beach with watersports and sailing): 40 minutes.
- Blackgang Chine (3.1 miles)
- Carisbrooke Castle (3.8 miles)
- Ventnor Botanic Gardens (4.1 miles)
- Brighstone Shop and Museum (3.1 miles)
- Mottistone Manor Garden (4.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - St Catherine's Oratory (medieval lighthouse): 10 minutes’ drive - Blackgang Chine (family-friendly theme park): 10 minutes - Amazon World Zoo (zoo and soft play): 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kingston Smallholding Goat Farm Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.