This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Surrounded by the scenery of the peaceful New Forest
- Activities including zorbing, archery and bug hunts
- Gym, spa, zipwire and two pools
The New Forest is, but of course, fab enough. But when you can retreat back to base for a Jacuzzi session or beauty treatment, or indeed spend days on base getting stuck into activities such as kayaking, archery and, er, bug hunting... it's fairly safe to say that you've found your New Forest calling.
Such forested fun is at Fordingbridge's Sandy Balls Holiday Village, among the spectacular scenery of the forest and set up for couples, friends and families to have long weekends, midweek breaks or (recommended) longer hols among tiptop facilities and absolutely loads to do. Off site, it's about 25 minutes' drive through the forest to Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World, 30 to the New Forest Wildlife Park, and about the same to coast and sandy... toes at Christchurch.
The packed activity schedule at Sandy Balls includes varied shenanigans like walking, cycling, bug hunts, arts and crafts activities, football sessions, horse riding, kayaking, archery, and – if you're here with those you're soppy about – laser combat games. A calendar of special events takes place throughout the year too, and entertainment is available every day during the school holidays and at weekends all year round.
Might you now be ready for some pampering? Indoor and outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi, sauna and a beauty suite await your tuckered out self: after full recuperation, you've a pick of two restaurants on site in Aubreys Restaurant and cosy country pub the Woodside Inn. Takeaway and a well-stocked country shop are available too if by this point you just need to stagger back to base after all your active adventures.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Meeting House Lane
— 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Red Rover — 8.0 miles
8.0 miles Canada Corner — 8.1 miles
- Train stations
Dean Rail Station
— 9.5 miles
9.5 miles Salisbury Rail Station — 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Ashurst New Forest Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Christchurch Quay Ferry Landing
— 13.8 miles
13.8 miles Tuckton Tea Gardens Ferry Landing — 13.9 miles
13.9 miles Wick Christchurch Ferry Landing — 13.9 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 11.0 miles
11.0 miles Southampton Airport — 17.6 miles
This is an excellently set site, within easy reach of forest wanders and activities, coast and beaches, family days out and heritage highlights.
For families and other animals, it's 15 minutes' drive to the critters at the New Forest's Liberty’s Owl, Raptor and Reptile Centre, and about 25 to the inhabitants, activities and tractor rides of Longdown Activity Farm at Ashurst. Marwell Zoo is 40 minutes to the east at Winchester.
History is all around here too: within the forest at Beaulieu's National Motor Museum and at the 18th-century village of Buckler's Hard (40 minutes); at Henry 8's Hurst Castle (45 minutes) and at the many sights of Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard, 50 minutes away.
To find out about New Forest pony rides, hikes and other foresty activity, drop into the New Forest Centre Museum, within 25 minutes' drive at Lyndhurst.
- Breamore House (3.0 miles)
- Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway (9.0 miles)
- Paultons Family Theme Park (9.3 miles)
- Mompesson House (9.6 miles)
- Mottisfont (12.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Sandy Balls Holiday Village have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Sandy Balls Holiday Village dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandy Balls Holiday Village? This is an excellently set site, within easy reach of forest wanders and activities, coast and beaches, family days out and heritage highlights. For families and other animals, it's 15 minutes' drive … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sandy Balls Holiday Village?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.