This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only glamping pods in a landscaped paddock with valley views
- A 10-minute drive from Colchester in the village of Fordham Heath
- Units have kitchenettes with ovens, double beds and private gardens
Re-energise yourself in Essex on a quiet break away at Swallows Field Glamping Pods about a 10-minute drive west of Colchester. The slick adults-only units at this park sit in a lovely landscaped paddock overlooking the Colne valley, with views of green countryside and ancient woodland…
Admire the scenery for hours from the enclosed garden in front of your pod with a meal made in your kitchenette using the full-size oven, two ceramic hobs and fridge with a freezer compartment. A tether point on the patio keeps the pup safely next to you while you dine beside the warmth of your personal firepit if you’ve decided to bring them along for the trip.
If the dog’s itching for a walk, take him or her off to the nearest village of Fordham Heath a few steps away for 26 acres’ worth of heathland and woodland walks. Or get them snuffling out the local footpaths… The Essex Way following a part of the River Colne between West Bergholt and Great Tey is within a five-minute drive and the Woodland Trust’s Fordham Hall Estate is also the same distance for masses of forest.
Brought the bike rather than a four-legged friend? The site’s on National Cycle Network Route 13 and is a 15-minute ride from Colchester Bike Park. If you’re needing sustenance pre-cycling or walking, a local pub’s about a 10-minute stroll from the park; spa treatments can be had in your pod after stretching the legs if you’re craving some serious unwinding time...
Hot tubs can be hired (subject to availability) too while you're on site: please let the team know if you'd like to book one, using the contact details in your booking confirmation email.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Valley Road — 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Valley Road — 5.7 miles
- Train stations
Marks Tey Rail Station
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Chappel & Wakes Colne Rail Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Colchester Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Brightlingsea Ferry Landing
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Point Clear Ferry Landing — 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 18.9 miles
London Southend Airport
— 23.6 miles
23.6 miles London Stansted Airport — 23.8 miles
The Borough of Colchester covers over 135 square miles of Essex coast and countryside, with an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty around Dedham about 20 minutes away known locally as Flatford and Constable Country after the famed painter. It leads to the River Stour estuary and into the ocean if you’re after a coastal wander...
Closer by is Colchester for city times: Britain’s oldest recorded Roman town has a big Norman keep built on top of the ruins of a Roman temple and a museum with exhibits dating back to up to 2,500 years ago.
Like your history a little more recent? Amble over to see the artefacts at Hollytrees Museum, a Georgian townhouse with three centuries’ worth of clothing, clocks and artworks.
- Colchester Zoo (2.8 miles)
- East Anglian Railway Museum (3.0 miles)
- Colchester Castle Museum (3.6 miles)
- Bourne Mill (4.4 miles)
- Coggeshall Grange Barn (6.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Swallows Field Glamping Pods have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Swallows Field Glamping Pods dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Swallows Field Glamping Pods? The Borough of Colchester covers over 135 square miles of Essex coast and countryside, with an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty around Dedham about 20 minutes away known locally as Flatford and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Swallows Field Glamping Pods?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.