This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up campsite at Glynde Place; surrounded by South Downs countryside
- A 10-minute drive to Lewes; 15 minutes to south coast beaches
- Spectacular East Sussex views; under a mile from a railway station
Looking for a rare opportunity to camp in the private parkland in front of Glynde Place, an Elizabethan mansion house deep in the South Downs National Park? Camping in the estate surrounding this historic house, which dates back to 1569, is a very special experience indeed – you'll be settling down on generously-sized pitches around the old cricket ground in front of Glynde Place's pavilion, where there's room for one and all to spread out and make the most of this spacious site.
Relax while the kids make their own games, catch up with friends or light up a campfire in the evening and appreciate the simple pleasures of an East Sussex sunset. Here you have direct access to South Downs footpaths and cycle routes, with nearby attractions including paragliding, Cuckmere Haven beach (where you can hire paddleboards and kayaks), Seven Sisters Country Park, vineyards, Drusillas Park zoo and outdoor adventure centres for younger kids. On top of that, Seaford, Brighton and Eastbourne all have excellent beaches that can be reached in half an hour's drive or less.
Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite is a 10-minute drive from the historic market town of Lewes, whose high street is full of independent shops. The town also has a lido and an independent cinema.
Glynde has its own railway station (15 minutes' walk), making it easy to go on car-free trips to Brighton, Lewes, Eastbourne and other destinations further afield.
Toilets, showers and a washing-up area are available and kept to a high standard of cleanliness by site staff. Other facilities on site include local food vendors serving crepes most weekends, a breakfast and evening bar on certain days during the week, and a fully stocked bar serving their own craft gin at weekends.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Lovely scenery, not too busy, great childrens play area, staff great
Excellent site. Lots of space spotless showers and toilets
Excellent pop-up site with super clean facilities and tons of space.
Go to campsite with the family
Excellent stay, friendly staff and lovely gin wagon!
Will be visiting again :)
Lovely site, friendly people and huge field
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.2 miles
5.2 miles South Way — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Golden Cross Inn — 5.3 miles
- Train stations
Glynde Rail Station
— 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Lewes Rail Station — 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Southease Rail Station — 3.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 5.5 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 15.8 miles
15.8 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 22.2 miles
22.2 miles London Gatwick Airport — 22.2 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Glyndebourne Opera House: five minutes' drive
- Mount Caburn: five minutes
- Lewes: 10 minutes
- Drusillas Park (zoo): 10 minutes
- Newhaven Fort: 15 minutes
- Castle Hill Local Nature Reserve: 15 minutes
- Knockhatch Adventure Park: 20 minutes
- Breaky Bottom Vineyard: 20 minutes
- Brighton: 20 minutes
- Cuckmere Haven (for paddleboard and kayak hire): 20 minutes
- Friston Forest: 30 minutes
- Drusillas Park (5.3 miles)
- Alfriston Clergy House (5.9 miles)
- Brighton Marina (8.3 miles)
- Monk's House (3.1 miles)
- Alfriston Clergy House (5.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 30/08/2021. Read more
- Does Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Glyndebourne Opera House: five minutes' drive - Mount Caburn: five minutes - Lewes: 10 minutes - Drusillas Park (zoo): 10 minutes - Newhaven Fort: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Glynde Place Pop-up Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
When you arrive, please send a text to the mobile number saying: 'Arrive, [your vehicle registration number] and [your surname]'. A member of staff will pop by with a tent and car tag later that day.Read more