Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Small, peaceful site in the High Weald, two miles from Wadhurst
- Within 10 minutes' drive of Bewl Water and Bedgebury National Pinetum
- Dog-friendly site 10 minutes' walk from the local pub
Rainbows End Campsite is a small and secluded site on a level grass field two miles from the village of Wadhurst, close to the border of East Sussex and Kent.
This peaceful spot is centrally placed within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with some lovely walks in the surroundings, around the likes of Scotney Castle, Bedgebury National Pinetum and Bewl Water (also a good spot for fishing, watersports and bike hire). If you fancy a seaside walk as well, it’s a drive of about 45 minutes to the coast at Hastings.
Closer to home, the village (five minutes’ drive away) has a small supermarket, a couple of takeaways and a couple of pubs, and there’s a local country pub 10 minutes’ walk away too. (And there are five more country pubs within a five-mile drive too, should you want to take a tour…) Further options for eating and shopping are in Royal Tunbridge Wells, 15 minutes’ drive away.
Pitches at Rainbows End are simple in style, on a grass field with access to water, electric hookups and a chemical waste disposal point.
Open from 12/04/2021 to 31/10/2021
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric optional grass pitch
Max. persons: 12 x
One allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely campsite enyoyed our weekend and the owner very welcoming.
Was a lovely little spot - will definitely return 😊
All you need for a lovely quite stay
Excellent site, Just perfect for a well earned rest.
Peaceful location. Lovely owners
Not recommended for tent camping unless you're really in a pinch
From the manager...
Thank you for your review and sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. We can’t help how hard the ground is and uneven as it is a field. Sorry you had to wait but my husband had to go to work and didn’t finish till 10. If we had known you wanted to leave early, he would of popped down in the evening.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles The Chequers — 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Hare and Hounds — 4.5 miles
- Train stations
Wadhurst Rail Station
— 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Frant Rail Station — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Stonegate Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 24.0 miles
24.0 miles Gravesend Pier — 25.2 miles
25.2 miles Tilbury Ferry Terminal — 25.5 miles
Biggin Hill Airport
— 22.2 miles
22.2 miles London Gatwick Airport — 23.0 miles
23.0 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 23.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bewl Water (lake for walks, bike rides and watersports): 40 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive
- Scotney Castle: 10 minutes’ drive
- Golf course: 10 minutes
- Royal Tunbridge Wells (shopping, museums, Spa Valley Railway): 15 minutes
- Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest: 15 minutes
- Hush Heath Estate winery: 20 minutes
- Bodiam Castle: 25 minutes
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden: 25 minutes
- Battle Abbey: half an hour.
- Scotney Castle (2.6 miles)
- Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest (4.2 miles)
- Batemans (6.5 miles)
- Scotney Castle (2.5 miles)
- Sprivers Garden (4.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Rainbows End Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Rainbows End Campsite on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Rainbows End Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rainbows End Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rainbows End Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bewl Water (lake for walks, bike rides and watersports): 40 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive - Scotney Castle: 10 minutes’ drive - Golf course: 10 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rainbows End Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Rainbows End Campsite? From £10 (for 1 night, 12 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability