This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-run park on the edge of the North York Moors
- Under 10 minutes' drive from Helmsley
- Around 45 minutes' drive from York and the coast
A peaceful and pleasingly spacious place on the edge of a national park, surrounded by woods and fields – what could be better for a chilled-out break? Well, since you asked… perhaps a pub, chippy and curry place a couple of minutes’ drive away? Quick access to a main road for easy ins and outs? And how about owners described by previous guests as ‘the most friendly we’ve ever come across’?
Ticking all these boxes is family-run Holly Park Farm, a rural site under 10 minutes’ drive from the town of Helmsley and just on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. The A170 is a couple of minutes away for jaunts west to Thirsk or east to the coast, and the aforementioned food and drink facilities are also handily five minutes' drive away in Nawton and Wombleton.
This isn’t a place to come for loads of leisure facilities, but there’s plenty of entertainment to be had roaming around the site, playing outdoorsy games, chatting with the resident chickens or creating a campfire. Amenities are spot-on too: wifi, drinking water and waste water facilities are provided, and there are a couple of well-kept toilets with a separate chemical disposal point.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
The Royal Oak
— 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Market Place — 14.4 miles
14.4 miles The Square — 19.4 miles
- Train stations
Malton Rail Station
— 12.3 miles
12.3 miles Battersby Rail Station — 13.7 miles
13.7 miles Castleton Moor Rail Station — 13.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 23.8 miles
23.8 miles Transporter Bridge North Side — 23.9 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 24.5 miles
The site is at the very top of Guncroft Lane, on the left just past the last bungalow.
Nosing around the North York Moors is always a fine plan, and this is a fine spot to head out from. Get on your bike to follow part of the 109-mile Cleveland Way, ramble along miles of footpaths for stunning views or join an equine expedition from the stables 15 minutes away in Hawnby.
Dalby Forest, 45 minutes away, makes a fab trip at any hour – ride Segways or swing through the trees at Go Ape during the day, then stick around to gaze upwards by night: this is a Dark Sky Discovery Site and a top spot for stargazing.
Helmsley, within 10 minutes, isn’t just your most convenient town – its fine collection of pubs, restaurants and independent shops have earned it awards before, and the ruins of the castle make for good wandering. Just outside town, Rievaulx Abbey and Duncombe Park are also fine places for a stroll, and there’s an open-air pool should you fancy a plunge.
Away from the moors, it’ll take you around 45 minutes or so to drive to York’s historic centre or to Scarborough or Whitby for beach days.
- Duncombe Park (4.0 miles)
- Rievaulx Terrace & Temples (NT) (4.9 miles)
- Rievaulx Abbey (5.1 miles)
- Nunnington Hall (4.4 miles)
- Rievaulx Terrace (4.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Holly Park Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Holly Park Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Holly Park Farm? Nosing around the North York Moors is always a fine plan, and this is a fine spot to head out from. Get on your bike to follow part of the 109-mile Cleveland … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Holly Park Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.