This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Family-run campsite between Northallerton and Thirsk, North Yorkshire
- A 20-minute drive to the North York Moors, and 25 to Lightwater Valley
- Well-maintained camping on a small farm; shops 10 minutes’ drive
Torn between the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors? Book a pitch at Greystone Cottage Farm in the village of Kirby Wiske, and there’s no need to choose as you have easy access to both from its handy location between the market towns of Northallerton and Thirsk.
This is a small campsite on all-grass pitches on a working farm, and when you’re exploring you’re likely to meet free-range chickens, curious goats and horses – especially Charlie the (mini) Pony, likely to become a firm favourite with kids. While dogs are more than welcome, please respect the livestock and keep them under control at all times.
Fantastic views stretching across the Vale of York to Sutton Bank and the chalk White Horse (first carved in 1857) are an added bonus, and there are loads of family attractions within easy striking distance.
Pick up everything you need in Thirsk (10 minutes’ drive) supermarkets to spark up the barbecue, or head for the local village pub, which does a good line in traditional dishes (eat in or takeaway) with a range of local cask ales, ciders and lagers.
One last thing: this is wild camping with no fuss or frills, so please bring your own torches and barbecues.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Gorgeous spot. Lovely hosts, great views. Fab location. Great value …
Loverly relaxed atmosphere
Nice cheap site in a lovely area with very friendly staff.
Lovely well kept site, really friendly staff, clean facilities with …
Excellent site, clean facilities and toilets kept fresh
Great site for a quiet getaway, clean facilities, friendly staff!
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Bus Station Stand 1 — 9.6 miles
9.6 miles The Angel — 10.4 miles
- Train stations
Thirsk Rail Station
— 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Northallerton Rail Station — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Yarm Rail Station — 16.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 23.5 miles
23.5 miles Transporter Bridge North Side — 23.6 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 16.7 miles
16.7 miles Leeds Bradford International Airport — 29.0 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Thirsk Birds Of Prey Centre: five minutes’ drive
- The World Of James Herriot (restored 1940s’ vet’s house): 10 minutes
- The Big Sheep and Little Cow (animal encounters) 20 minutes
- North Yorkshire Moors National Park: 20 minutes
- Thorp Perrow Arboretum (walks in woodland): 25 minutes
- Lightwater Valley Family Adventure Park: 25 minutes
- Sutton Bank White Horse (views and chalk horse): half an hour
- Rievaulx Abbey: half an hour
- North Yorkshire Dales National Park: 40 minutes
- Castle Howard (gardens and house tour): 45 minutes.
- Jervaulx Abbey (11.6 miles)
- Fountains Abbey (11.7 miles)
- Rievaulx Abbey (13.5 miles)
- Mount Grace Priory (9.3 miles)
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden (11.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Greystone Cottage Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Greystone Cottage Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Greystone Cottage Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Greystone Cottage Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Greystone Cottage Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - Thirsk Birds Of Prey Centre: five minutes’ drive - The World Of James Herriot (restored 1940s’ vet’s house): 10 minutes - The Big Sheep and Little … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Greystone Cottage Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.