This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On a working equestrian centre 15 minutes' drive from Bury St Edmunds
- Lessons and rides for ages five and up, including for beginners
- Modern heated shower room, toilets and launderette
Horsey guests, non-horsey guests, non-horsey guests hoping to be transformed into horsey guests… all sorts of visitors are welcome to stay at Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre, a friendly site within a riding centre 20 minutes’ walk from the village of Ixworth and 20 minutes’ drive from Bury St Edmunds.
Experienced riders champing at the bit to set off into the Suffolk countryside can sign up for various hacks here, and lessons can be booked on arrival as well – both adults and kids aged five and above.
Actually (whisper it…) not all that fussed by all the equestrian activity? It’s possible you may be converted – but even if you’re not, this is a splendid spot for a Suffolk break. The riding centre is set well back from the road and the site has just a handful of pitches – they’re next to an orchard and surrounded by horses grazing in the fields, so you should be in for a peaceful stay.
With all this countryside roaming to be done (on horseback, on foot or on two wheels as you wish) it’s entirely possible you’ll end up a bit mucky at some stage. That situation doesn’t have to last long, as the site has a modern heated shower room, and a laundry room where a washing machine and tumble dryer can be used for a small extra charge.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 31/10/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Small, level and tidy site. Lovely views - would stay again!
Perfect for horsey loving young daughter
Nice fairly basic site we only did a one night stopover which the site
Lovely stay and lovely people. We were meant to stay …
Nice small quiet site. Toilets clean and well stocked. Though …
Quiet, very clean toilets and shower, friendly and helpful staff.
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
Ixworth (Suffolk): Bus Stop
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Stanton (Suffolk): Old Bury Road Coach Stop — 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Bury St Edmunds: Bus Station — 7.4 miles
- Train stations
Thurston Rail Station
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Elmswell Rail Station — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Bury St Edmunds Rail Station — 7.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Harwich International Ferry Terminal
— 30.8 miles
— 29.3 miles
Bardwell’s a good place to set out for a stroll or a cycle ride in the Stanton Rides, which has three circular trails running through the splendid Suffolk scenery (totalling 28 miles if you do the lot).
If you’ve still got leg power left, there are more walks to be had in Thetford Forest Park (20 minutes’ drive). If not, perhaps it’s time for a gentler day out at Bressingham (25 minutes), where you can hitch a ride on the steam railway, take a slow-paced gallop on traditional fairground rides and explore Walmington-on-Sea memorabilia at the official Dad’s Army Appreciation Society collection.
Leave the country views behind for a bit and head over to Bury St Edmunds (15 minutes) for a day of bimbling around the historic town, taking in the cathedral and abbey gardens, or meandering around the market (if you’re in town on a Wednesday or Saturday). It could well be thirsty work, so perhaps it’d also be wise to plan a stop at the Greene King brewery for a tour or a pint at the beer café.
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens (10.2 miles)
- Ickworth House, Park and Gardens (10.2 miles)
- Banham Zoo (11.8 miles)
- Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds (7.5 miles)
- Ickworth House, Park and Gardens (10.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMaestro
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre? Bardwell’s a good place to set out for a stroll or a cycle ride in the Stanton Rides, which has three circular trails running through the splendid Suffolk scenery (totalling 28 miles … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Bardwell Manor Equestrian Centre?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.