Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Scenic Suffolk countryside site five miles from The Broads
- A 10-minute drive for boat trips; 15 minutes from Kessingland beach
- Firepits and barbecues for hire; communal fridge; shower for hire
From boating on The Broads to skimming the shore with watersports on the Suffolk coast, Low Meadows is well-based for a host of hot outdoor activities. This scenic site has 14 acres of relaxation surrounded by the countryside, five miles from The Broads and 15 minutes from the closest beach (a windsurfing hotspot, by the way).
Wildlife visitors are regular over here – that includes rabbits, deer, barn owls, red kites, bats, foxes, badgers, duck pheasants and partridges – so well-behaved dogs are welcome only on leads. Other visitors to the site include local musicians, who shack up on some weekends to perform live acoustic sets (you may want to join in with your own instrument if you have one).
To keep your break feeling fiery, the site has a wooden shack with two small firepits for hire or a large firepit with seats. There's also a table, seats and charcoal barbecue here and a dishwashing area, drinking water point and fridge to keep food fresh.
Other facilities on site include toilets. The site has a shower and changing room available through a booking system at a cost of £1.50 per person or guests may make use of the shower facilities at Beccles harbour, 10 mintues’ drive away.
Speaking of Beccles, this historic market town is a good place to hunt down some tasty things to eat after you’ve run down your battery on the local countryside footpaths. Otherwise, the site is just 35 minutes’ walk away from the local pub for a quick bite to eat.
Open from 01/08/2022 to 29/08/2022
Reception is unmanned after 5 p.m.. Please inform the site while on your way there should you expect to arrive after this time, so that the team can provide information about your unit/pitch.
Bookings must not be for more than 14 consecutive nights.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
Single-sex bookings of 4 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Group bookings of 2 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 25 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 6 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
A charge of £1.50 applies for the use of the shower.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 7.0m width x 7.0m depth (23.0ft width x 23.0ft depth) Calculated area: 49.0m² (527.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely site with great facilities for great price. Friendly owners!
Tent pitch area is clean & green, quiet & private
Very good site, very clean facilities and very friendly staff
Great site, amazing price, would defo recommend.
A cheap and cheerful campsite with happy helpful staff. A fun time
Indianah lou L.Confirmed
Great for a quiet uncomplicated break.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Old Market Place
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Cork Bricks — 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Chaucer Street — 6.5 miles
- Train stations
Beccles Rail Station
— 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Brampton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Oulton Broad South Rail Station — 5.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Southwold Ferry Landing
— 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Walberswick Ferry Landing — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Reedham Ferry South — 8.9 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 20.9 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Ellough Park Kart Circuit (go-karting): five minutes’ drive
- The Broads (boat and canoe hire; boat trips): 10 minutes
- UK Parachuting, Beccles Airfield (parachuting and skydiving): 10 minutes
- Beccles Lido (swimming; boat trips from here along the river Waveney to The Locks Inn Community Pub): 10 minutes
- Kessingland beach (sand and shingle beach popular for windsurfing): 15 minutes
- Southwold (beach, pier and harbour): 25 minutes
- Lowestoft beach (large sandy beach with watersports): 25 minutes
- RSPB Minsmere (coastal nature reserve with adventure playgrounds, guides and safaris): half an hour
- Dunwich Heath and Beach (beach and reserve with pond dipping and ranger walks, managed by the National Trust): half an hour.
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (7.3 miles)
- Fritton Lake Country World (8.2 miles)
- Pleasure Beach (13.0 miles)
- Elizabethan House Museum (13.4 miles)
- Horsey Windpump (22.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Low Meadows cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Low Meadows will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Cancellations due to COVID-19 for bookings made before 1 March 2022, can transfer deposits to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Low Meadows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Low Meadows dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Low Meadows? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Ellough Park Kart Circuit (go-karting): five minutes’ drive - The Broads (boat and canoe hire; boat trips): 10 minutes - UK Parachuting, Beccles Airfield (parachuting and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Low Meadows?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Low Meadows? From £15 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability