Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Luxury glamping site by the Midshires Way a mile from East Leake
- A 25-minute drive from Nottingham; 45 minutes from Rutland Water
- Adults-only lodges with underfloor heating, ensuite and firepit
Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm is, as the name suggests, just off the Midshires Way footpath/bike path, in a splendid south Nottinghamshire location just under a mile from East Leake.
The luxury lodges here are stylish and cosy boltholes for adults only, with views out over the countryside and the alpacas that live in the next-door fields. Each of the lodges is a well-equipped private space with underfloor heating, a fully-fitted kitchen, an ensuite shower room, a dining table, a separate bedroom with fixed double bed, a lounge area with corner settee and a television with a DVD player. Towels and bed linen are included to keep your packing light.
Outside, the firepit barbecue is the place to be in the evening for sipping drinks at sunset or cooking dinner over coals. If you’d rather someone else did the cooking or provided the pints, there are plenty of places to pick up meals and drinks in East Leake.
When not out roaming on the path, guests might like to play golf, go fishing, have a flutter at the races or get behind the wheel of a powerful supercar – all are within a half-hour drive. It’s also worth having a ride on the steam-powered Great Central Railway (which puffs through East Leake too if you just want to catch a glimpse).
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 2 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Guests under the age of 21 are not allowed on site.
Single-sex bookings of 2 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Group bookings of 3 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Check availability at Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
1 bedroom lodge
Max. persons: 4 x
Dimensions: 4.0m width x 7.5m length (13.1ft width x 24.6ft length) Calculated area: 30.0m² (322.9ft²)
|Max. persons||4 x
4.0m width x 7.5m length
(13.1ft width x 24.6ft length)
Calculated area: 30.0m² (322.9ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2020|
(ensuite, 1 x double bed, 1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
Living room (1 x double sofa/futon)
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|No dogs allowed|
|You will be able to choose extras on the booking page.|
|Log basket (max unlimited)||£5/€5.54/A$9.11/US$6.56/CA$8.76/CHF5.98/SEK57.22/DKK41.28/NOK59.06/ISK888/ARS477.05/CLP5,076/PEN23.20/NZ$9.84/ZAR115.18/PLN24.50/R$34.99/CZK146.12/RSD652/HUF1,919.89/RUB482.79/CN¥45.70 per item|
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
More frequent emptying of bins
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Gas cylinders available
Public transport nearby
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Fully serviced pitches
Water hook-up points for tourers
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Kegworth Coach Stop
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Loughborough: The Rushes Coach Stop — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles East Midlands Airport Coach Stop — 5.5 miles
- Train stations
East Midlands Parkway Rail Station
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Loughborough (Leics) Rail Station — 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Long Eaton Rail Station — 5.3 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 66.8 miles
East Midlands Airport
— 5.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Rushcliffe Golf Course: five minutes
- Prestwold (supercar driving): 10 minutes
- Great Central Railway: 15 minutes
- Lakeside Sporting (fishing lakes): 15 minutes
- John Taylor & Co bell foundry: 15 minutes
- Donington Park Circuit (motorsports): 20 minutes
- Nottingham (racecourse, theatres, market square, museums): 25 minutes
- National Space Centre: half an hour
- Calke Abbey: half an hour
- Belvoir Castle: 40 minutes
- Rutland Water (walks, bike rides, nature spotting, watersports): 45 minutes.
- Castle Donington Museum (5.9 miles)
- Wollaton Hall and Park (8.1 miles)
- Nottingham Castle (8.4 miles)
- Staunton Harold Church (10.1 miles)
- Calke Abbey (11.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Rushcliffe Golf Course: five minutes - Prestwold (supercar driving): 10 minutes - Great Central Railway: 15 minutes - Lakeside Sporting (fishing lakes): 15 minutes - John … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Midshires Way Campsite and Alpaca Farm? From £230 (for 2 nights, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability