This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious and grassy site set on the banks of the River Trent
- Watersports centre and several theme parks a short drive away
- Riverside walks and bike rides, boat trips and restaurants nearby
Gunthorpe Camping is a small family-friendly site set on a level grassy paddock next to the River Trent. There are several good restaurants within a short stroll, and you can go on riverside walks and bike rides direct from the property.
The grassy paddock is open and surrounded by hedges and mature trees, providing guests with plenty of space to spread out.
Friendly dogs are welcome throughout the year.
Canoeing/kayaking, fishing and boat trips are available nearby on the River Trent, and there are loads more water-based options such as wakeboarding and whitewater tubing, rafting and kayaking a short drive away at the National Watersports Centre.
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Just what I needed. A secure spot to camp up on my own.
Local area and staff excellent, toilet facilties are currently poor.
very laid back atmosphere. set in a beautiful secured orchard ...
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Bingham: White Lion Coach Stop — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Sherwood (Nottingham): Coach Stop — 6.7 miles
6.7 miles Nottingham Victoria Bus Station — 7.2 miles
- Train stations
Lowdham Rail Station — 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Burton Joyce Rail Station — 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Bingham Rail Station — 2.6 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing — 59.6 miles
East Midlands Airport — 18.2 miles
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Cycling through Colwick Country Park: 8 miles
- Birdwatching at Skylarks Nature Reserve: 10 miles
- Segway rides, wakeboarding, whitewater tubing, rafting and kayaking and more at the National Watersports Centre: 10 miles
- Exploring castles, caves, stately homes, museums, galleries and other visitor attractions in Nottingham: 11 miles
- Sherwood Forest: 19 miles
- Twinlakes Theme Park: 19 miles
- Sundown Adventureland (adventure park for under 10s): 31 miles
- Alton Towers theme park: 57 miles.
- The Lace Market Centre (7.2 miles)
- Nottingham Castle (7.6 miles)
- Wollaton Hall and Park (9.9 miles)
- The Workhouse, Southwell (6.8 miles)
- Grantham House (15.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.