Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Touring caravan pitches and touring sites in Scotland
52 bookable sites with touring pitches in Scotland
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Clean, safe family park five minutes' drive from Kirkcudbright
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Spectacular views over Kirkcudbright Bay
Electric touring pitch 6 x From £22/€24.54/A$40.95/US$26.77/CA$37.48/CHF26/SEK259.01/DKK183.08/NOK267.63/ISK3,823/ARS1,824.22/CLP21,640/PEN91.79/NZ$44.03/ZAR471.43/PLN110.83/R$148.02/CZK670.17/RSD2,887/HUF8,590.91/RUB1,917.25/CN¥190.85 per night Fully-serviced touring pitch 6 x From £24/€26.78/A$44.67/US$29.20/CA$40.89/CHF28.36/SEK282.56/DKK199.72/NOK291.96/ISK4,171/ARS1,990.06/CLP23,607/PEN100.14/NZ$48.03/ZAR514.29/PLN120.91/R$161.47/CZK731.10/RSD3,149/HUF9,371.90/RUB2,091.54/CN¥208.20 per night
- Peaceful family park surrounded by lochs, glens, mountains and forests
- On the edge of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Oak and bluebell wood, adventure playground, games room and shop
Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £22.50/€25.10/A$41.88/US$27.37/CA$38.33/CHF26.59/SEK264.90/DKK187.24/NOK273.72/ISK3,910/ARS1,865.68/CLP22,132/PEN93.88/NZ$45.03/ZAR482.15/PLN113.35/R$151.38/CZK685.41/RSD2,953/HUF8,786.15/RUB1,960.82/CN¥195.18 per night
- At the foot of the Lammermuir Hills on the East Lothian coastline
- Fly fishing available on the site's freshwater lake
- 25 miles to Edinburgh
Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £15/€16.73/A$27.92/US$18.25/CA$25.55/CHF17.72/SEK176.60/DKK124.82/NOK182.48/ISK2,607/ARS1,243.79/CLP14,754/PEN62.59/NZ$30.02/ZAR321.43/PLN75.57/R$100.92/CZK456.94/RSD1,968/HUF5,857.44/RUB1,307.21/CN¥130.12 per night Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £20/€22.31/A$37.23/US$24.33/CA$34.07/CHF23.63/SEK235.47/DKK166.43/NOK243.30/ISK3,476/ARS1,658.38/CLP19,672/PEN83.45/NZ$40.02/ZAR428.58/PLN100.76/R$134.56/CZK609.25/RSD2,624/HUF7,809.92/RUB1,742.95/CN¥173.50 per night
- Secluded seaside family park
- Direct access to a spectacular sandy beach
- Shop, takeaway, picnic and outdoor play area
Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £20.70/€23.09/A$38.53/US$25.18/CA$35.26/CHF24.46/SEK243.71/DKK172.26/NOK251.82/ISK3,597/ARS1,716.43/CLP20,361/PEN86.37/NZ$41.43/ZAR443.58/PLN104.28/R$139.27/CZK630.57/RSD2,716/HUF8,083.26/RUB1,803.96/CN¥179.57 per night Electric grass and gravel touring pitch 6 x From £20.70/€23.09/A$38.53/US$25.18/CA$35.26/CHF24.46/SEK243.71/DKK172.26/NOK251.82/ISK3,597/ARS1,716.43/CLP20,361/PEN86.37/NZ$41.43/ZAR443.58/PLN104.28/R$139.27/CZK630.57/RSD2,716/HUF8,083.26/RUB1,803.96/CN¥179.57 per night
- Small and peaceful park a few steps from the beach
- Spectacular sea views over to Jura and Islay
- Wildlife and birdwatching haven
Electric grass touring pitch (sea view) 4 x From £25/€27.89/A$46.53/US$30.42/CA$42.59/CHF29.54/SEK294.33/DKK208.04/NOK304.13/ISK4,344/ARS2,072.98/CLP24,591/PEN104.31/NZ$50.03/ZAR535.72/PLN125.95/R$168.20/CZK761.56/RSD3,281/HUF9,762.39/RUB2,178.69/CN¥216.87 per night
- Family park with beach access and a private cove
- Heated indoor pool, kids' club, leisure centre and solarium
- Bistro restaurant, takeaway and two shops on site
Electric hardstanding touring pitch 8 x From £22/€24.54/A$40.95/US$26.77/CA$37.48/CHF26/SEK259.01/DKK183.08/NOK267.63/ISK3,823/ARS1,824.22/CLP21,640/PEN91.79/NZ$44.03/ZAR471.43/PLN110.83/R$148.02/CZK670.17/RSD2,887/HUF8,590.91/RUB1,917.25/CN¥190.85 per night
- Peaceful 10-acre park 2.5 miles from the ancient market town of Hawick
- Within an hour and a half's drive of Edinburgh, Newcastle and Carlisle
- Woodland walk and fishing on site
Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 14 x From £26.50/€29.56/A$49.33/US$32.24/CA$45.14/CHF31.31/SEK311.99/DKK220.52/NOK322.38/ISK4,605/ARS2,197.36/CLP26,066/PEN110.57/NZ$53.03/ZAR567.86/PLN133.50/R$178.29/CZK807.25/RSD3,477/HUF10,348.14/RUB2,309.41/CN¥229.88 per night
- Touring park with river and mountain views
- Fish for salmon and trout on a private stretch of the river
- Heated amenities block with free hot showers
Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 4 x From £21.25/€23.71/A$39.55/US$25.85/CA$36.20/CHF25.11/SEK250.18/DKK176.83/NOK258.51/ISK3,693/ARS1,762.03/CLP20,902/PEN88.66/NZ$42.53/ZAR455.36/PLN107.06/R$142.97/CZK647.33/RSD2,788/HUF8,298.03/RUB1,851.89/CN¥184.34 per night
- Scenic family-run smallholding site 10 minutes' drive from Largs
- Within 20 minutes' drive of ferries to Great Cumbrae and Bute
- Collect and buy fresh eggs from the flock of free-range hens on site
Electric hardstanding touring pitch 4 x From £20/€22.31/A$37.23/US$24.33/CA$34.07/CHF23.63/SEK235.47/DKK166.43/NOK243.30/ISK3,476/ARS1,658.38/CLP19,672/PEN83.45/NZ$40.02/ZAR428.58/PLN100.76/R$134.56/CZK609.25/RSD2,624/HUF7,809.92/RUB1,742.95/CN¥173.50 per night
- Coastal location 400 metres from spectacular Tralee Bay beach
- On a seven-acre croft eight miles from Oban and the island ferry
- Boat slipway, putting green, fly fishing and chippy within half a mile
Electric grass pitch 6 x From £23/€25.66/A$42.81/US$27.98/CA$39.18/CHF27.18/SEK270.79/DKK191.40/NOK279.80/ISK3,997/ARS1,907.14/CLP22,623/PEN95.96/NZ$46.03/ZAR492.86/PLN115.87/R$154.75/CZK700.64/RSD3,018/HUF8,981.40/RUB2,004.39/CN¥199.52 per night Electric gravel and hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £25/€27.89/A$46.53/US$30.42/CA$42.59/CHF29.54/SEK294.33/DKK208.04/NOK304.13/ISK4,344/ARS2,072.98/CLP24,591/PEN104.31/NZ$50.03/ZAR535.72/PLN125.95/R$168.20/CZK761.56/RSD3,281/HUF9,762.39/RUB2,178.69/CN¥216.87 per night
- Quiet park within walking distance of Gatehouse of Fleet
- In a wildlife haven and a few miles from the coast
- Free use of sister park with pool, restaurant, gym and solarium
Electric hardstanding touring pitch 8 x From £17/€18.97/A$31.64/US$20.68/CA$28.96/CHF20.09/SEK200.15/DKK141.47/NOK206.81/ISK2,954/ARS1,409.63/CLP16,722/PEN70.93/NZ$34.02/ZAR364.29/PLN85.64/R$114.38/CZK517.86/RSD2,231/HUF6,638.43/RUB1,481.51/CN¥147.47 per night Electric grass touring pitch 8 x From £17/€18.97/A$31.64/US$20.68/CA$28.96/CHF20.09/SEK200.15/DKK141.47/NOK206.81/ISK2,954/ARS1,409.63/CLP16,722/PEN70.93/NZ$34.02/ZAR364.29/PLN85.64/R$114.38/CZK517.86/RSD2,231/HUF6,638.43/RUB1,481.51/CN¥147.47 per night
- Well-maintained and peaceful park in the west Highlands
- Family-run site on a working farm
- Spectacular scenery across Loch Sunart
Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £20/€22.31/A$37.23/US$24.33/CA$34.07/CHF23.63/SEK235.47/DKK166.43/NOK243.30/ISK3,476/ARS1,658.38/CLP19,672/PEN83.45/NZ$40.02/ZAR428.58/PLN100.76/R$134.56/CZK609.25/RSD2,624/HUF7,809.92/RUB1,742.95/CN¥173.50 per night
- Scenic Highlands site by the shores of Loch Ness
- A 25-minute drive from Urquhart Castle and 55 minutes from Inverness
- Restaurant, shop, gift shop, watersports and archery on site
Non-electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £25/€27.89/A$46.53/US$30.42/CA$42.59/CHF29.54/SEK294.33/DKK208.04/NOK304.13/ISK4,344/ARS2,072.98/CLP24,591/PEN104.31/NZ$50.03/ZAR535.72/PLN125.95/R$168.20/CZK761.56/RSD3,281/HUF9,762.39/RUB2,178.69/CN¥216.87 per night
- Spacious family and pet-friendly park with a country park feel
- Indoor pool, café, lounge bar, amusement room and fitness room
- Sandy beach, 18-hole golf course, fishing, pony treks and more
Electric hardstanding and grass touring pitch 8 x From £24.50/€27.33/A$45.60/US$29.81/CA$41.74/CHF28.95/SEK288.45/DKK203.88/NOK298.05/ISK4,258/ARS2,031.52/CLP24,099/PEN102.22/NZ$49.03/ZAR525/PLN123.43/R$164.84/CZK746.33/RSD3,215/HUF9,567.15/RUB2,135.12/CN¥212.53 per night Electric hardstanding and grass touring pitch (TV aerial) 8 x From £25.50/€28.45/A$47.47/US$31.02/CA$43.44/CHF30.13/SEK300.22/DKK212.20/NOK310.21/ISK4,431/ARS2,114.44/CLP25,082/PEN106.39/NZ$51.03/ZAR546.43/PLN128.47/R$171.57/CZK776.79/RSD3,346/HUF9,957.64/RUB2,222.26/CN¥221.21 per night Fully-serviced hardstanding and grass touring pitch 8 x From £26.50/€29.56/A$49.33/US$32.24/CA$45.14/CHF31.31/SEK311.99/DKK220.52/NOK322.38/ISK4,605/ARS2,197.36/CLP26,066/PEN110.57/NZ$53.03/ZAR567.86/PLN133.50/R$178.29/CZK807.25/RSD3,477/HUF10,348.14/RUB2,309.41/CN¥229.88 per night
- Peaceful holiday park in the Angus Glens, 10 minutes' drive from Alyth
- A 40-minute drive from the museums and attractions of Dundee
- Pond, play area, 20 acres of woodland and excellently-kept amenities
Electric gravel touring pitch 8 x From £29/€32.35/A$53.98/US$35.28/CA$49.40/CHF34.27/SEK341.43/DKK241.33/NOK352.79/ISK5,040/ARS2,404.66/CLP28,525/PEN121/NZ$58.04/ZAR621.43/PLN146.10/R$195.11/CZK883.41/RSD3,805/HUF11,324.38/RUB2,527.28/CN¥251.57 per night
- Family park among the dunes of East Nairn, 15 miles from Inverness
- Golf course, marina, beach and Moray Firth views
- Pools, Jacuzzi, sauna, restaurant, bar, crazy golf and nature trails
Star Dunes fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 8 x From £13/€14.50/A$24.20/US$15.82/CA$22.15/CHF15.36/SEK153.05/DKK108.18/NOK158.15/ISK2,259/ARS1,077.95/CLP12,787/PEN54.24/NZ$26.02/ZAR278.57/PLN65.49/R$87.46/CZK396.01/RSD1,706/HUF5,076.44/RUB1,132.92/CN¥112.77 per night
- Small family-run park two miles from Whithorn and five from beaches
- Walking, cycling, birdwatching and several golf courses in the area
- Spacious site with plenty of room for children to play
Non-electric grass touring pitch 8 x From £17/€18.97/A$31.64/US$20.68/CA$28.96/CHF20.09/SEK200.15/DKK141.47/NOK206.81/ISK2,954/ARS1,409.63/CLP16,722/PEN70.93/NZ$34.02/ZAR364.29/PLN85.64/R$114.38/CZK517.86/RSD2,231/HUF6,638.43/RUB1,481.51/CN¥147.47 per night Electric grass pitch 8 x From £19/€21.20/A$35.37/US$23.12/CA$32.37/CHF22.45/SEK223.69/DKK158.11/NOK231.14/ISK3,302/ARS1,575.47/CLP18,689/PEN79.27/NZ$38.02/ZAR407.15/PLN95.72/R$127.83/CZK578.79/RSD2,493/HUF7,419.42/RUB1,655.80/CN¥164.82 per night Electric hardstanding and grass touring pitch 8 x From £19/€21.20/A$35.37/US$23.12/CA$32.37/CHF22.45/SEK223.69/DKK158.11/NOK231.14/ISK3,302/ARS1,575.47/CLP18,689/PEN79.27/NZ$38.02/ZAR407.15/PLN95.72/R$127.83/CZK578.79/RSD2,493/HUF7,419.42/RUB1,655.80/CN¥164.82 per night
- Well maintained, peaceful park with country views from every pitch
- Forfar a 10-minute drive; five minutes’ walk to Murton nature reserve
- Playground and dog-walking area on site and a bar-restaurant next door
Fully-serviced hardstanding touring pitch 6 x
- Pretty setting in an old walled garden; quiet and sheltered
- Modern facilities block with big shower cubicles
- On-site shop, play area for children, dog exercise area
Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £26/€29.01/A$48.40/US$31.63/CA$44.29/CHF30.72/SEK306.11/DKK216.36/NOK316.29/ISK4,518/ARS2,155.90/CLP25,574/PEN108.48/NZ$52.03/ZAR557.15/PLN130.99/R$174.93/CZK792.02/RSD3,412/HUF10,152.89/RUB2,265.84/CN¥225.55 per night
- Within walking distance of three sandy beaches
- Spectacular scenery on the Rockcliffe coastline
- Laundry room, lockable bike shed, play area and barbecue area
Electric grass touring pitch (sea view) 6 x From £21.50/€23.99/A$40.02/US$26.16/CA$36.63/CHF25.40/SEK253.13/DKK178.92/NOK261.55/ISK3,736/ARS1,782.76/CLP21,148/PEN89.71/NZ$43.03/ZAR460.72/PLN108.31/R$144.65/CZK654.94/RSD2,821/HUF8,395.66/RUB1,873.67/CN¥186.51 per night
Touring caravan sites in Scotland: the best berths for your rolling home
Of all the destinations caravanning types put on their wish list, Scotland’s often one that features somewhere up near the top. And with good reason… for this is a land of many many (many many many) scenic spots, countless outdoor activities, miles of stunning coastline, heaps of historic sights, fab food (haggis, obviously, but also fresh seafood, cheeses, shortbread…) and of course the water of life itself (that’s the whisky – originally ‘uisge beatha’ – that warms many an evening around these parts).
All in all, plenty to inspire you to pack up your rolling home and head off on a lengthy jaunt… and handily you’ll have plenty of Scotland caravan parks to pick from along the way. So if you’re considering a caravan tour of Scotland, step this way for ideas to make the most of your trip to this splendid part of the world.
Scotland caravan parks: from city centres to remote locations
You want variety? You can certainly have it… caravan sites in Scotland pop up all over the place, meaning that even a short break can be packed with different views, vibes and activities. Think of it like a pick and mix – perhaps you fancy a couple of culture-packed days parked up at a caravan park near Edinburgh for the fringe festival (the world’s biggest arts festival, no less), or spending some time scooting around the gorgeous Scottish Islands, or heading out to what might be respectfully termed ‘the middle of nowhere’ for some proper peace?
If you prefer a theme to your hols, several fine ones suggest themselves. Outdoor types might like to set themselves a munro-bagging challenge (that’s conquering Scotland’s peaks over 3000 feet… although you may need a few trips to get up all 282 of them) or taking a tour of the many gorgeous golf courses around the country. Or how about a scenic road trip on the famed North Coast 500 (or the lesser-known but equally splendid Argyll Coastal Route or North East 250), or a little jaunt around the Malt Whisky Trail?
And if you’re just here for the scenery? (As well you might be, given that Scotland was voted most beautiful country in the world in a Rough Guides reader poll back in 2017.) Easy – pick yourself a Scotland touring site near one of the pretty glens, by a loch, looking out to sea…
How to pick your perfect touring site in Scotland
Once you’ve homed in on a location, it’s time to consider your facilities. If you’re on a mission to seek out serene space (and perhaps save a few coins to invest in the local tipples), choose yourself a Scotland touring caravan pitch that’s just got the basics – a toilet block, showers and a wifi connection should have the essentials sorted.
Naturally, these sorts of few-frills sites tend to attract travelling couples rather than families, but if you want to be sure there won’t be kids running about, select an adults-only site. Most caravan parks in Scotland are, however, firmly family-friendly – all that fresh air and space to run about makes for an excellent holiday with kids, although a proper play area is generally a fine idea (as is a bar…)
On the other hand, you may be of the opinion that by opting for a caravan break rather than a hotel stay you’ve earned yourself the right to a few luxuries… and this sounds like an excellent reason to seek out a Scotland touring park with a swimming pool (either indoor or outdoor, depending on your level of hardiness) or somewhere you can take a long soak in a hot tub.
It’s also worth considering your own setup before picking your pitch. Electric and water hookups are often handy amenities, as are things like laundry rooms and chemical waste disposal for those planning lengthier hols. If you’re in a nifty little compact caravan you may be able to navigate some of the narrower country roads; those in something more sizeable may like to save themselves the hassle by parking up somewhere near a major road or in a town and doing day trips in the car/by bike/ by public transport.
Can’t I just park up wherever I like in Scotland?
Yes! Well, almost… wild camping laws mean you can spend the night in most unenclosed spaces around the country. If you’re self-sufficient (with toilets etc on board) this can certainly be a fine idea for a night or two if you find the right spot well away from any other travellers.
However. This approach has its challenges – not least finding that blissful spot. Suitable stopover points are limited and the best ones are well documented – so you may find yourselves having to drive around for a while in search of The One. It’s worth bearing in mind, too, that a layby that seems quiet when you park up may in fact see a fair amount of traffic later on, and there’s nothing to stop several more vans parking up right alongside you (sure you wouldn’t rather be on a spacious pitch within a peaceful caravan park?)
And then of course, there’s the facilities. A few nights out in the wilds is likely to reap lots of rewards (wildlife sightings, quiet sunsets and the like) but frankly even ardent wild campers will probably be delighted to experience a proper hot shower after a while…
Best areas to pick for touring sites in Scotland
If it’s scenery you’re after, a good place to start is the Highlands and Islands, which is famed for having lots of the country’s prettiest vistas. For watery views, Loch Lomond caravan sites are perennially popular; if you’d rather take a peek at the peaks, maybe try a trip to the Cairngorms National Park.
Given that it’s got more than 6000 miles of coastline to its name, it’ll also not surprise you to hear that sea-view parks are in good supply around Scotland too. Dumfries and Galloway caravan sites are canny picks for those seeking peaceful hols, while a break somewhere around the Moray Firth means the possibility of spotting seals and other marine life during your stay.
And although the countryside and coastline are both utterly tiptop, it’s worth considering a bit of time in/around Scotland’s buzzing urban areas: pick a caravan site near Glasgow or Edinburgh for a taste of big city life or aim for somewhere slightly smaller by exploring the streets of Inverness, Aberdeen or Stirling.
Need somewhere to stay on the journey up to Scotland? Check out our touring caravan sites and touring pitches in England for handy stopovers.
- Narrow your touring caravan pitch search to:
What are the top sites in Scotland?
- Seaward Holiday Park, Kirkcudbright
- Trossachs Holiday Park, Stirling
- Thurston Manor, Dunbar
- Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park, Dalbeattie
- Muasdale Holiday Park, Tarbert
- Auchenlarie Holiday Park, Gatehouse of Fleet
- Riverside Caravan Park, Hawick
- Braidhaugh Holiday Park, Crieff
- South Whittlieburn Farm, Largs
- Highfield Holidays, Oban
- How much does it cost to stay in Scotland? Prices start at £7.00/nt for 2 people Check prices and availability
- How many sites in Scotland are open now? 3 See all sites in Scotland open now
- What are the top destinations in Scotland? See all destinations in Scotland
- How many sites in Scotland have an indoor swimming pool? 11 See all sites in Scotland with an indoor swimming pool
- How many sites in Scotland allow dogs? 52 See all dog-friendly sites in Scotland