Adults only: Campsites
355 bookable campsites
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Adults-only, luxury bell tents at an East Sussex site near Hastings
- A 15 minutes’ drive to Hastings beach, and Battle Abbey 20 minutes
- Film screenings and yoga classes on site; farm shop five minutes’ walk
Bell tent (no pets) 2 x From £120/€141.77/A$212.19/US$149.86/CA$192.41/CHF145.97/SEK1,489.82/DKK1,055.05/NOK1,460.60/ISK19,678/ARS17,750.19/CLP125,360/PEN557.86/NZ$234.31/ZAR2,382.62/PLN656.78/R$731.58/CZK3,487.20/RSD16,668/HUF54,445.09/RUB9,291.44/CN¥1,003.03 per night Bell tent (pet friendly) 2 x From £120/€141.77/A$212.19/US$149.86/CA$192.41/CHF145.97/SEK1,489.82/DKK1,055.05/NOK1,460.60/ISK19,678/ARS17,750.19/CLP125,360/PEN557.86/NZ$234.31/ZAR2,382.62/PLN656.78/R$731.58/CZK3,487.20/RSD16,668/HUF54,445.09/RUB9,291.44/CN¥1,003.03 per night
- Primitive campground with easy access to trails near Augusta in Maine
- Gateway to Down East and northern Maine; 10 minutes’ drive to Augusta
- Secluded forest sites near fishing lakes, disc golf and restaurants
Non-electric forest floor tent pitch 4 x From £16.01/€18.92/A$28.32/US$20/CA$25.68/CHF19.48/SEK198.83/DKK140.80/NOK194.93/ISK2,626/ARS2,368.87/CLP16,730/PEN74.45/NZ$31.27/ZAR317.97/PLN87.65/R$97.63/CZK465.39/RSD2,224/HUF7,266.03/RUB1,240/CN¥133.86 per night
- Single adult-only rental caravan on a rural smallholding near Camborne
- Tehidy Country Park and South West Coast Path within walking distance
- Kitchen, bathroom, outdoor seating and bedding provided
On-site touring caravan 2 x From £47/€55.53/A$83.11/US$58.70/CA$75.36/CHF57.17/SEK583.51/DKK413.23/NOK572.07/ISK7,707/ARS6,952.16/CLP49,099/PEN218.50/NZ$91.77/ZAR933.19/PLN257.24/R$286.54/CZK1,365.82/RSD6,528/HUF21,324.33/RUB3,639.15/CN¥392.85 per night
- Rural part-wooded Ceredigion site with a river alongside
- New Quay, Aberporth and Tresaith beaches within a half-hour drive
- Go walking with therapy goats or spend time with them on site
Non-electric grass motorhome pitch 6 x From £20/€23.63/A$35.37/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.33/SEK248.30/DKK175.84/NOK243.43/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$39.05/ZAR397.10/PLN109.46/R$121.93/CZK581.20/RSD2,778/HUF9,074.18/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £20/€23.63/A$35.37/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.33/SEK248.30/DKK175.84/NOK243.43/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$39.05/ZAR397.10/PLN109.46/R$121.93/CZK581.20/RSD2,778/HUF9,074.18/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night
- Dog-friendly Norfolk shepherd's hut five minutes' drive from Aylsham
- A 15-minute drive to the Norfolk coast; 20 minutes to Norfolk Broads
- Adults-only site with a single shepherd's hut with private bathroom
Maple Hut shepherd's hut 2 x From £99/€116.96/A$175.06/US$123.64/CA$158.74/CHF120.42/SEK1,229.10/DKK870.42/NOK1,204.99/ISK16,235/ARS14,643.90/CLP103,422/PEN460.24/NZ$193.30/ZAR1,965.66/PLN541.84/R$603.55/CZK2,876.94/RSD13,751/HUF44,917.20/RUB7,665.44/CN¥827.50 per night
- Secluded shepherd’s hut with stunning views of the North Pennines
- Half an hour’s drive from Durham; near a network of local footpaths
- Private patio, woodfired hot tub, firepit, barbecue and ensuite
Weardale Retreat shepherd's hut (hot tub) 2 x From £130/€153.58/A$229.87/US$162.35/CA$208.45/CHF158.13/SEK1,613.97/DKK1,142.97/NOK1,582.31/ISK21,318/ARS19,229.37/CLP135,806/PEN604.35/NZ$253.83/ZAR2,581.17/PLN711.51/R$792.55/CZK3,777.80/RSD18,056/HUF58,982.18/RUB10,065.73/CN¥1,086.61 per night
- Stylish shepherd’s hut in a secluded valley near Bridport in Dorset
- A 20-minute drive to West Bay beach, and 35 minutes to Lyme Regis
- Horses, goats and sheep on site; food pubs five minutes’ stroll
The Warren shepherd's hut 2 x From £120/€141.77/A$212.19/US$149.86/CA$192.41/CHF145.97/SEK1,489.82/DKK1,055.05/NOK1,460.60/ISK19,678/ARS17,750.19/CLP125,360/PEN557.86/NZ$234.31/ZAR2,382.62/PLN656.78/R$731.58/CZK3,487.20/RSD16,668/HUF54,445.09/RUB9,291.44/CN¥1,003.03 per night
- Quiet adults-only campsite in rural Lancashire
- A mile from Chorley town centre; Go Ape Rivington 10 minutes' drive
- Dog-friendly pitches beneath Healy Nab; pub 10 minutes' walk away
Non-electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £20/€23.63/A$35.37/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.33/SEK248.30/DKK175.84/NOK243.43/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$39.05/ZAR397.10/PLN109.46/R$121.93/CZK581.20/RSD2,778/HUF9,074.18/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night
- Peaceful adults-only site on a small working farm in Lincolnshire
- Walker’s paradise: loads of quiet country lanes and bridle paths
- Half an hour’s drive from the city of Lincoln
Non-electric grass tent pitch 4 x From £15/€17.72/A$26.52/US$18.73/CA$24.05/CHF18.25/SEK186.23/DKK131.88/NOK182.57/ISK2,460/ARS2,218.77/CLP15,670/PEN69.73/NZ$29.29/ZAR297.83/PLN82.10/R$91.45/CZK435.90/RSD2,083/HUF6,805.64/RUB1,161.43/CN¥125.38 per night
- Small, peaceful site in a valley 35 minutes’ walk from Loe Beach
- A 20-minute drive from Falmouth and 40 minutes from the Eden Project
- Fresh chicken and duck eggs available; pub a short walk away
Robin's Roost shepherd's hut 2 x
- Exclusive and luxurious off-grid glamping near Welshpool in Powys
- A 20-minute drive to Powis Castle, and 30 minutes to Dyfnant Forest
- Camp kitchen on site; 10 minutes’ drive to a pub and store
Bell tent 2 x From £95/€112.23/A$167.98/US$118.64/CA$152.33/CHF115.56/SEK1,179.44/DKK835.25/NOK1,156.31/ISK15,579/ARS14,052.23/CLP99,243/PEN441.64/NZ$185.49/ZAR1,886.24/PLN519.95/R$579.17/CZK2,760.70/RSD13,195/HUF43,102.36/RUB7,355.73/CN¥794.06 per night
- Luxury self-catering shepherd’s hut in a private Yorkshire woodland
- Five minutes' drive to Hawes; 45 minutes to Kendal
- Complimentary tea/coffee and toiletries; private toilet and shower
Shepherd's hut 2 x From £112/€132.32/A$198.04/US$139.87/CA$179.59/CHF136.24/SEK1,390.50/DKK984.72/NOK1,363.22/ISK18,366/ARS16,566.84/CLP117,002/PEN520.67/NZ$218.69/ZAR2,223.78/PLN612.99/R$682.81/CZK3,254.72/RSD15,556/HUF50,815.42/RUB8,672.01/CN¥936.16 per night
- Small adults-only caravan site under two miles from the Anglesey coast
- Half an hour’s walk from the beach; a 20-minute drive from Holyhead
- Pub and coastal path within walking distance; dog-friendly location
Non-electric grass touring pitch 4 x From £15/€17.72/A$26.52/US$18.73/CA$24.05/CHF18.25/SEK186.23/DKK131.88/NOK182.57/ISK2,460/ARS2,218.77/CLP15,670/PEN69.73/NZ$29.29/ZAR297.83/PLN82.10/R$91.45/CZK435.90/RSD2,083/HUF6,805.64/RUB1,161.43/CN¥125.38 per night
- Adults-only pub site six miles from Buxton and 15 from Ashbourne
- Access to the Tissington and High Peak trails; bike hire nearby
- Heated amenities; pub, dining room and dog-friendly bar
Electric hardstanding campervan pitch 2 x From £25/€29.53/A$44.21/US$31.22/CA$40.09/CHF30.41/SEK310.38/DKK219.80/NOK304.29/ISK4,100/ARS3,697.96/CLP26,117/PEN116.22/NZ$48.81/ZAR496.38/PLN136.83/R$152.41/CZK726.50/RSD3,472/HUF11,342.73/RUB1,935.72/CN¥208.96 per night Electric hardstanding motorhome pitch 4 x From £25/€29.53/A$44.21/US$31.22/CA$40.09/CHF30.41/SEK310.38/DKK219.80/NOK304.29/ISK4,100/ARS3,697.96/CLP26,117/PEN116.22/NZ$48.81/ZAR496.38/PLN136.83/R$152.41/CZK726.50/RSD3,472/HUF11,342.73/RUB1,935.72/CN¥208.96 per night
- Luxury shepherd's huts with a private woodfired Japanese soaking tub
- Just off the A140; half an hour's drive to Ipswich and 45 to Norwich
- In the grounds of a 17th-century country pub serving drinks and meals
Shepherd's hut 2 x
- Compact cabin on a smallholding on the edge of Buckley
- A 20-minute drive to Chester; 35 to Llangollen or the beach
- Luxury bedding, firepit, kitchen and private bathroom included
Cabin 2 x From £100/€118.14/A$176.83/US$124.88/CA$160.34/CHF121.64/SEK1,241.52/DKK879.21/NOK1,217.16/ISK16,399/ARS14,791.82/CLP104,466/PEN464.88/NZ$195.26/ZAR1,985.52/PLN547.31/R$609.65/CZK2,906/RSD13,890/HUF45,370.91/RUB7,742.87/CN¥835.86 per night
- Adults-only farm site with views over the Mendip Hills
- Clevedon 15 minutes' drive; Weston-super-Mare 30 minutes
- Barbecues welcome; firepits (with logs and kindling) available to hire
Non-electric grass pitch 4 x From £16/€18.90/A$28.29/US$19.98/CA$25.66/CHF19.46/SEK198.64/DKK140.67/NOK194.75/ISK2,624/ARS2,366.69/CLP16,715/PEN74.38/NZ$31.24/ZAR317.68/PLN87.57/R$97.54/CZK464.96/RSD2,222/HUF7,259.35/RUB1,238.86/CN¥133.74 per night
- Well-equipped adults-only lodge five miles from Stafford
- On the edge of Cannock Chase for walks and outdoor activities
- Double bed, bathroom, kitchen, barbecue and bedding provided
Ye' Old Tack Room lodge 2 x From £80/€94.51/A$141.46/US$99.91/CA$128.28/CHF97.31/SEK993.22/DKK703.37/NOK973.73/ISK13,119/ARS11,833.46/CLP83,573/PEN371.91/NZ$156.20/ZAR1,588.41/PLN437.85/R$487.72/CZK2,324.80/RSD11,112/HUF36,296.73/RUB6,194.30/CN¥668.68 per night
- Cosy adults-only site with mountain views in the Brecon Beacons
- Just off the A4069, 25 minutes’ drive from Dinefwr and Llandeilo
- In a Dark Sky Reserve with firepits provided; communal kitchen on site
Non-electric grass tent pitch 5 x
- Luxury safari tent in quiet countryside 15 minutes’ drive to Dartmouth
- Less than 30 minutes’ drive to beaches or Dartmoor National Park
- Kitchen, shower room, TV, balcony with seating and firepit
Semira 2 bedroom safari tent (private bathroom amenities) 4 x From £160/€189.02/A$282.92/US$199.82/CA$256.55/CHF194.62/SEK1,986.43/DKK1,406.74/NOK1,947.46/ISK26,238/ARS23,666.92/CLP167,146/PEN743.82/NZ$312.41/ZAR3,176.82/PLN875.70/R$975.44/CZK4,649.60/RSD22,223/HUF72,593.45/RUB12,388.59/CN¥1,337.37 per night
The bliss of adults-only breaks
Are you desperately seeking a holiday where you won’t have to worry about entertaining the kids? Or perhaps just one of the growing number of travellers who prefer trips in the company of like-minded people? Whether you’ve yet to head on your first adults-only break or are on the look-out for a new site, read this guide to Pitchup's child-free spots to help you sketch out a plan for your next adventure.
The sweet, sweet sound of silence
Kids who have come across this page may be puzzled about why anyone would want to be away from them for prolonged periods of time. Parents, carers and teachers, however, may already have a few ideas about why adults-only breaks are the way forward…
First, while family-friendly sites are subject to the ebb and flow of the school holidays, most adults-only sites remain steadily peaceful all year round. Although you can expect to have more neighbours in the height of summer than at off-peak times, choosing an adults-only park is a sure-fire guarantee that you won’t have an unexpected influx of kids halfway through your holiday.
Facilities and leisure to suit you
As well as being quieter than your average family-friendly site, adults-only parks have facilities that are better tailored to their guests. While kids’ clubs, playgrounds and waterslides are all excellent for families, kid-free parties may – quite fairly – feel they are subsidising amenities that bring them no benefit.
And then there are those facilities that are only ever improved by the absence of small guests: think hot tubs, saunas, and outdoor pools. After all, spa getaways are always that little bit more romantic when there’s no risk of being dive-bombed by a nine-year-old…
Top tips for a smooth trip
What is adults-only camping?
One question that comes up over and over again is about the definition of adults-only camping.
As a general rule, adults-only campsites will welcome guests over the age of 18, but some only admit guests who have reached another age (e.g. 21).
Most also don’t allow visitors under a certain age (i.e., people visiting the site for a few hours rather than overnight guests), but there are some exceptions.
Finally, for seniors looking for some serious peace and quiet, Pitchup has a smaller collection of sites specially designed for guests over 40, 50 or 60.
Just have a quick read of the terms and conditions before booking if any of the above are relevant to you.
Kid-free camping is a low-key experience on the whole, so blaring music and all-night parties are definitely out.
That’s not to say that there’s no scope for socialising at adults-only spots, but if you have neighbours close by it might be worth letting them know if you’re planning a little get-together with family or friends.
Find a place to stay
Once a niche camping category, adults-only breaks have become more and more popular in recent years, meaning there’s an ever-growing range of kid-free parks to choose from.
What are my options?
There are many well-established adults-only touring sites out there for guests in campervans, motorhomes or caravans looking for well-maintained facilities and top-quality pitches. If you like to combine the privacy of sleeping in your vehicle with equally secluded times in the open air, have a look at our range of adults-only touring sites with on-site fishing opportunities.
Adults-only glamping is also having something of a moment – definitely one worth investigating if you’re looking for a luxurious and/or romantic break.
Finally, for authentically rural stays, you might like to consider adults-only farm sites. Many of these don’t allow kids because the farmers already have a full-time job looking after the land (suffice it to say that retrieving kites from trees and balls from ponds isn’t at the top of their to-do list). If you’re a farmer and interested in running a low-hassle holiday spot, read our guide on how to set up a campsite.
Find exactly what you want
Need something a bit more specific like an adults-only site with electricity or a dog-friendly pitch? Use our tick-box filters to mix and match themes, features and facilities to find an outdoor break that’s right for you.
You might also like: